Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
sovdat
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Empty
PostSubject: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 4:23 pm

I have been looking for an old metal compilation that my cousin and I used to listen to in High School. It was one of those cheap compilations that always used to be at grocery stores and truck stops. I don't remember it being great, but it did have one or two good songs on it. It may have had King Kobra on it, or a band somehow related to them. Or maybe not.

The main thing that I remember about it was the cover. The cover was the reason my cousin bought it - most of the cheap tapes at the store looked real cheesy. This one had an actual metal-looking cover. It was kind of a space fantasy painting that looked like two metal fists in an X-shape. The metal fists were probably space ships that were battling each other.

I can't really remember the name. Does anyone remember this tape? What was it's name? What bands and songs were on it?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 4:42 pm

Well probably that isn't what you're looking for; but it was a compilation (soundtrack) from 1985 with bands like King Kobra, Dio, Queensryche and Scorpions on it. Don't you remember any other bands?

Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation 85527
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 5:06 pm

sovdat wrote:
Well probably that isn't what you're looking for; but it was a compilation (soundtrack) from 1985 with bands like King Kobra, Dio, Queensryche and Scorpions on it. Don't you remember any other bands?

Great soundtrack, awful movie. I paid to see that piece of poo in the theatres back in high school and almost asked for my money back!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 10:13 am

I remember that soundtrack - but that wasn't what we listened to. We used to listen to it as we drove around town, so I never got to look at the track listing that much. I wish I could remember more about the bands that were on it - that would make tracking it down much easier. I don't think any of the bands on it were ever big hits back in the day - all kind of under the radar type of bands.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
sovdat wrote:

Great soundtrack, awful movie. I paid to see that piece of poo in the theatres back in high school and almost asked for my money back!! Smile

Saw that movie with a friend and his dad.. He was pissed.. A 16 year old flying an f-16... I don't think so...

King Kobra... Carmine Appice was in that band wasn't he? they were lousy too if I remember right. another mtv flavor of the week.....

No luck on the comp disc....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 3:20 am

mr.electric39 wrote:

King Kobra... Carmine Appice was in
that band wasn't he? they were lousy too if I remember right. another
mtv flavor of the week.....

Yeah that was Carmine Appice's old band. Their old singer Marc Free had a sex change and is now named Marcie Free.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 3:00 pm

painkiller2142 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Yeah that was Carmine Appice's old band. Their old singer Marc Free had a sex change and is now named Marcie Free.

I was supposed to see them open for KISS but the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh had a power failure,cancelling the show. When it was rescheduled, Kix had taken their place (and put on a terrific show) so I think we actually made out in the deal.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:11 pm

painkiller2142 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

I remembered reading about that. What the hell?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 4:24 pm

Required Fields wrote:
painkiller2142 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

I remembered reading about that. What the hell?

before I fall on the floor laughing... WHAT????? sex change operation... (looking to recompose myself).. I must say I hadn't heard that. How does one say it... shocking!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 12:10 pm

sovdat wrote:

ONE VISION!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
grandeped
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:56 pm

I finally found this compilation: Metal Wars from Japan.

Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation 306327398_o

I remember this cover being on the cassette. This is the song list:

W.A.S.P. - I Wanna Be Somebody
W.A.S.P. - L.O.V.E. Machine
Helix - Rock You
Helix - Feel The Fire
Great White - Stick Ii
Great White - Out Of The Night
April Wine - This Could Be The Right One
Icon - Under My Gun
Icon - (Rock On) Through The Night
Queensryche - Warning
Queensryche - Queen Of The Ryche
Rail - Fantasy

I thought it only had bands I had never heard of, but I had heard all of those bands. Either I can't remember the music that well. of some like K-Tel took this cover and made a different comp on tape with different bands. Oh, well - I was just looking for the cover art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation   Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking For Info on Old Metal Compilation
Page 1 of 1