Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
James B.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Empty
PostSubject: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 1:12 pm

US Metal
US Metal II
US Metal III
US Metal IV

What say you?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 4:14 pm

I wish I could say as I've never owned any of those comps.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 4:19 pm

Never heard any of them
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Metal Massacre V it’s the first one I owned, and the only out of the Metal Massacre albums I still own.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2022 8:06 pm

Never had any albums from the US Metal series. I guess I was more of a Metal Massacre/California Metal kinda guy.

Looking over the track lists for the first couple of US Metal volumes now on Discogs, and the only band name I recognize on Vol. 1 is the Rods. Vol. II has a few familiar names like Virgin Steele, Exciter (odd to see them on a "U.S. Metal" compilation, cuz they're Canadian), and the Rods (again).

Being an East Coast kid, we had some New York-centric metal compilations back in the day, like these:

(1984, feat. Cities, Virgin Steele, Blacklace, & Overkill)

(1987, feat. Wratchild aka Wrathchild America, Lethal Aggression, Meanstreak, and Attacker)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 12:49 am

I don't have any of those comps.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 am

Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 8:42 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Metal Massacre V it’s the first one I owned, and the only out of the Metal Massacre albums I still own.

Laughing very hard Man, that Arizona heat screws with some people's reading comprehension. Have an awesome day bro headbanger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 12:22 pm

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Laughing very hard Man, that Arizona heat screws with some people's reading comprehension. Have an awesome day bro headbanger
Not at all! It's my way of saying I don't know shit about those and so I posted a random reply. I was going to say Banzai Axe, but then it wouldn't be true lol
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 1:40 pm

Since I may be one of the few on here that have actually heard them, much less own them; I vote for the first one. It has a sentimental value to me as a school chum of mine went to Florida with his parents on vacation and I gave him some cash to find me something a bit more underground than even our local stores were getting. He found the first one and bought it based on the cover alone.
Every song is fair to very good. The opening band/song is pretty killer, but that vocalist - we used to say he sounded like Geddy Lee on helium. Each band/track is unique and quite well recorded for the time. Played the living heck out of it every chance I got.
Subsequent titles did show at local shops eventually and I hold that volumes 2 and 4 had superior music and very solid. But that first one sure was cool to 16 year old me.

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2022 1:33 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

I've been trying to find a reasonably priced copy of Metal Massacre V for awhile now with no luck.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 10:08 pm

nevermore wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I've been trying to find a reasonably priced copy of Metal Massacre V for awhile now with no luck.
Has some great tunes. I was lucky enough to buy it at a record store for a really good price. Decent shape too, not a scratch on it.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 10:12 pm

one of the greatest comps ever! Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? NS00Nzk3LmpwZWc Honorable mention: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecorroseum.org%2Fcomps%2Fcoversbig%2Fmetalmassacre9-front
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?   Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which US Metal Compilation album is your favorite?
Page 1 of 1