Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?

Go down 
+3
stepcousin
Smindas
INVADERS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Empty
PostSubject: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:58 am

i have noticed that Metal bands normally keep the best and longer songs as the last on their albums....

Examples:

Iron maiden: Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Iron maiden: To Tame a Land
Iron Maiden: Alexander the Great
Nevermore: This Godless Endeavor
Iced Earth: The Coming Curse
Iced Earth: Travel in Stygian
Megadeth: Ashes in your Mouth
Metallica: Dyer's Eve

Etc, Etc....

Does any agree.... or any other examples
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:09 am

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno
Iced Earth: Phantom Opera Ghost
Helloween: Halloween
Helloween: Keeper of the Seven Keys
(okay, I think there's two short ending tracks after those two, but it's the same basic thing)
Helloween: The Dark Ride

I'm sure there's plenty more examples. I think it's just because ending with a long, epic song adds a sense of closure to an album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 10:32 am

well most of the time you have to wait a year or two until a bands next album (sometimes longer) so IMO they do that to send you off with a bang, to keep you excited about the album until the next one.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:02 am

I thought I had noticed a trend in the past for bands to leave the more forgettable tracks at the end of a release. Obviously it's not true across the board.

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:54 am

it's not the same all the time. besides, the "best" songs would be different to different people.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:21 pm

I don't think so. Normally the last songs on albums aren't the best. But it's only a matter of ones personal taste. To me the best songs are always in the 1st 4 songs on the albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Yea, I can see where that might seem like the case, but I think is more subjective to one's taste and not necessarily conciously done by the bands.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Yeah, actually I think the only thing I pointed out was that bands tend to put the longer tracks at the end - not best, especially in the case of Horror Show.

PostSubject: Re: Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?   Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do Metal bands keeps the best songs for last?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: