Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam

Go down 
+16
jstate
Fat Freddy
Addy
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
sam
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Mglaffas81
mc666
manny
EvyMetal
Schbopo
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
XYZ
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:18 pm

detuned wrote:
The traffic cameras are a good point...read a really interesting article on China recently, where they are basically installing thousands and thousands of security cameras EVERYWHERE...so they can spy on citizens and catch "rebels" when they initially gather, etc. They are using state of the art digital identification technology for this...supplied partially by the U.S. military.

Ever heard the phrase "hell in a handbasket"? That's where we're headed.

The next thing will be Speed Cameras like they have in Europe - catch you speeding on camera, or I should say your car if someone else is driving, mail you a ticket. The other thing that really scares me is if the dems get congress and the white house is they will start pushing a carbon tax - that's the next big thing, tax you for your carbon output.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:27 pm

Well, this country has 8% of the world's oil...and we use about 25%...better think of something to rectify that situation.

Courtesy of James Taylor:

"I used to think that I was cool, runnin' around on fossil fuel, till I saw what I was doin', was drivin' down the road to ruin."
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
That's the next big thing, tax you for your carbon output.

As long as they don't tax me on my methane output, I'm good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:39 pm

xyz wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Laughing very hard

Eat alot of beans do we?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:50 pm

detuned wrote:
xyz wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Laughing very hard

Eat alot of beans do we?

It doesn't matter. I'll clear a room no matter what I eat.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:04 pm

People suck, I feel better. Thanks for caring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:07 pm

sam wrote:
People suck, I feel better. Thanks for caring.

I wholeheartedly agree sam.

My charitable contributions are 99% humane organizations. People suck and deserve what they get (in general).

XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:23 pm

Another thing that gets me mad is the athletes that feel disrespected when teams only offer them 2 million dollars. I'd be happy with the league minimums, 400k - 500k a year.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:31 pm

xyz wrote:
Another thing that gets me mad is the athletes that feel disrespected when teams only offer them 2 million dollars. I'd be happy with the league minimums, 400k - 500k a year.

I'm getting tired too of this and athletes who want to "be traded to a contender" so they have a better shot at a title.How about helping the team you currently play for to become a contender? Million dollar body, ten cent brain!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:47 pm

This is probably easily one of top 3 things in life that irritates me the most....

Why people don't know this rule, as it pertains to driving on the interstate is beyond me!

The LEFT LANE is the PASSING LANE, so one should only use it to pass slower traffic. When you're done with passing those slower vehicles in the right hand lane, it is your obligation to then also get over to the right hand lane, especially if you have someone who is going a little faster than you in the left lane behind you.

For some reason thousands of drivers in this great land of ours don't understand this universal rule. Everyone should be aware of this, considering the fact that this scenario is also apart of the drivers test that one takes when obtaining a license.

The reason they institute this is to limit the amount of traffic, but for some reason people are just rock heads when it comes to knowing the rules of the road.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Quote :
Artists SHOULD have the rights to decide how their music is used

I agree wit this here
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:47 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
This is probably easily one of top 3 things in life that irritates me the most....

Why people don't know this rule, as it pertains to driving on the interstate is beyond me!

The LEFT LANE is the PASSING LANE, so one should only use it to pass slower traffic. When you're done with passing those slower vehicles in the right hand lane, it is your obligation to then also get over to the right hand lane, especially if you have someone who is going a little faster than you in the left lane behind you.

For some reason thousands of drivers in this great land of ours don't understand this universal rule. Everyone should be aware of this, considering the fact that this scenario is also apart of the drivers test that one takes when obtaining a license.

The reason they institute this is to limit the amount of traffic, but for some reason people are just rock heads when it comes to knowing the rules of the road.

This one is right up there on my list as well. In fact, I swear it's a game with some people; see how many cars you can make pass on the right.

Lack of turn signal usage is another peeve. I've come to the conclusion that BMWs and Mercedes don't have a turn signal lever.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Here's something that p*ssed me off this AM:

I pulled into a gas station to get gas, parked behind another car, and as I started fueling up my car, the guy in front of me finished and drove away, leaving a space. A minute later a homeboy in a thumpin' bass-mobile pulls in, goes around the front of the pump island, backs his car into the space in front of me and starts filling up. Problem was he pulled into the open space at such a bass-ackwards angle that when I was done and ready to go, he was still filling up and I couldn't get around his car (this is a very small gas station with only four pumps in front of the garage) to get back out to the highway!!! I was squeezed behind this maroon in front of me and the garage building on the passenger's side. So anyway, I had to back out of my spot (making the people who were lined up behind me move back as well to get out of my way) and turn around to go back out the way I came in. If this jackass had just straightened out his f***ing car rather than leaving it on an angle I could've easily made it around him and back out onto the highway. What cheesed me off more than anything is that while I was trying to maneuver out of my spot, homeboy was sitting against his car watching me with this bemused smirk on his face like "Geez, lookit that guy, what an A-Hole."

angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

This one is right up there on my list as well. In fact, I swear it's a game with some people; see how many cars you can make pass on the right.

Lack of turn signal usage is another peeve. I've come to the conclusion that BMWs and Mercedes don't have a turn signal lever.

I think it must be a game as well, because how can one be that ignorant regarding the rules on the road. Many states even have signs on the highway that say, "Slower traffic keep right".

I tend to agree with you as well on those who drive the luxury cars as well. It's as if the rules of the road don't apply to them, because they have an expensive car. Elitism at its finest!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Here's something that p*ssed me off this AM:

I pulled into a gas station to get gas, parked behind another car, and as I started fueling up my car, the guy in front of me finished and drove away, leaving a space. A minute later a homeboy in a thumpin' bass-mobile pulls in, goes around the front of the pump island, backs his car into the space in front of me and starts filling up. Problem was he pulled into the open space at such a bass-ackwards angle that when I was done and ready to go, he was still filling up and I couldn't get around his car (this is a very small gas station with only four pumps in front of the garage) to get back out to the highway!!! I was squeezed behind this maroon in front of me and the garage building on the passenger's side. So anyway, I had to back out of my spot (making the people who were lined up behind me move back as well to get out of my way) and turn around to go back out the way I came in. If this jackass had just straightened out his f***ing car rather than leaving it on an angle I could've easily made it around him and back out onto the highway. What cheesed me off more than anything is that while I was trying to maneuver out of my spot, homeboy was sitting against his car watching me with this bemused smirk on his face like "Geez, lookit that guy, what an A-Hole."

angry

Unfortunately driving brings out the worst in people. I think if we really had a comprehensive exam, where people had to pass not only the driving test, but also a written, there would be a lot of people without a license. Like it has been stated throughout the years, driving is a priviledge first and foremost.

The other morons I can't stand are those who take forever at the bank drive thru. Not only do they have the longest transactions in history, but after they've been taken care of, they also sit there while they get everything in proper order, while others are waiting behind them. Common courtesy tells you that one should pull ahead, so at least the next car behind you can take care of their issues. There are so many clueless people out there in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:24 pm

People who still write checks at the Grocery Store need the proverbial can of whoop-ass opened upon them.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:51 pm

detuned wrote:
People who still write checks at the Grocery Store need the proverbial can of whoop-ass opened upon them.

Agreed - especially when they are in front of you in line and you have already put your food on the belt and they didn;t get a "check cashing card" or whatever permissions they need to pay by check!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:05 pm

And if you insist on paying with a check, for God's sake, start writing out the check while the merchandise is being rung up. Don't wait until the clerk tells you the total to start rummaging around in your knapsack-sized purse to find your checkbook.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:06 pm

And one more thing, when you're writing a check, penmanship does NOT count so write fast dammit!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:15 pm

The people that ask you to hold their place in line while they go get whatever they forgot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:23 pm

jstate wrote:
The people that ask you to hold their place in line while they go get whatever they forgot.

Screw 'em, that's what they get for not making a list. lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Political rantings that have nothing to do with facts but have to do with some strange world view that is more delusional than when Charles Manson dined alone.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:58 am

manny wrote:
Political rantings that have nothing to do with facts but have to do with some strange world view that is more delusional than when Charles Manson dined alone.

Man, I had to put some of my relatives on my spam blacklist today just for this reason. There's enough drivel around without me getting it from my family. They send me arguments with some third parties whom I don't even know, and can't tell what the argument is about. The only thing I get out of it is that people shouldn't go online when they are drunk! drunken spam they don't mix!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:08 am

Dell sucks
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:29 pm

You know what really grinds my gears? You, America.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam   Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sound Off Thread: A Place to Blow off Some Steam
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next