Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Witchfinder
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 am

This was just announced by Heavy Load on their Facebook page:

HEAVY LOAD - DEFYING THE POWERS OF THE DARK SEA

No Remorse Records and Gabriel Management are immensely proud to present something on many Heavy Metal fans' wish list: the most exciting series of re-issues of the decade.

They are widely held as the band that started the whole Swedish Heavy Metal wave with their first album in 1978. In addition, they are regarded as the first Viking Metal band in the world. HEAVY LOAD, a name that electrifies fans around the globe. A band - a name that never ceased to reverberate and fascinate. In fact, a list of the bands that officially admit that they were influenced or inspired by this mythical Swedish act could turn out to be endless.

THE RESURRECTION OF THE LOST HEAVY LOAD RECORDINGS

Due to the famous flood that devastated Thunderload Studios back in 2001 (one meter of water for five hours), the HEAVY LOAD tapes had been evacuated, scattered, misplaced and believed to be damaged beyond repair. After arduous efforts trying to find and restore the tapes, the band´s founding members Ragne and Styrbjörn Wahlquist discovered that the recordings could be re-mastered.

These legendary albums have been out of print since the eighties. Bootlegs with poor sound quality have been abundant, and they are continuously selling in increasing numbers to new audiences around the world. In fact, no licensed CDs have ever been made (despite their often legal appearances) except for the rare Japanese releases from the Eighties. But, for ages, fans, journalists, musicians influenced by the band, as well as people of the music industry have tried to persuade Ragne and Styrbjörn to reissue their original recordings on both CD and vinyl LP. And now, at last, they will.

THE EXPANDED HIGH QUALITY REISSUES

In order to guarantee the best sound quality, the reissued LPs and CDs will be remastered directly from the original analogue tapes. This will be done by Ragne and Styrbjörn themselves at Atlantis Grammofon in Stockholm – one of the few studios that still have the capacity to handle recordings the old analogue way. Now, finally, you will be able to hear the albums the way they were meant to be.

These official reissues will be expanded with bonus tracks. Some of these tracks have never been heard by the public before – demos and songs recorded for the albums which had to be dropped due to the limited playing time on LPs. The reissues will be available both as CDs (in deluxe digipak packages) and vinyl LPs (in gatefold covers). Both the CDs and the LPs will have the same bonus tracks. The CD covers will be coupled with great booklets, designed by the Wahlquist brothers themselves. Both the CD and the LP booklets will feature previously unpublished photos, as well as stories about how the songs came about.

HEAVY LOAD - FOUNDED IN 1975

HEAVY LOAD was founded in 1975 by two brothers: Ragne Wahlquist (vocals, keyboards and guitar) and Styrbjörn Wahlquist (vocals and drums). In 1978 HEAVY LOAD released their first album "Full Speed at High Level" - during an era when the Swedish media and record industry claimed that Hard Rock was dead and that the band was doomed to fail. The Wahlquist brothers’ vision has always been the core of what HEAVY LOAD was all about. So after expanding the band with a second guitarist, they founded their own recording facility, the famous Thunderload Studios, along with their own label, Thunderload Records. On their own label, they released timeless classics such as "Metal Conquest" (1981), "Death Or Glory" (1982) and "Stronger Than Evil" (1983) by HEAVY LOAD.

THINGS TO COME

At last, due to an epic pact between the band and No Remorse Records, the back catalogue will be made available again. This series of ultimate reissues will start in the early Summer of 2017, with their last album "Stronger Than Evil" and continue back through their production.

But that’s not all of it. Far from it! As 2018 marks the 40th anniversary of their debut album, HEAVY LOAD prepares something special. Something special to DEFY THE POWERS OF THE DARK SEA.

HEAVY LOAD Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/heavyloadofficial
NO REMORSE RECORDS: www.noremorse.gr
GABRIEL MANAGEMENT: www.gabrielmanagement.eu
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 am

Interesting. Need to check this band.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39621

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 9:33 am

Another band I've heard of but never actually heard. I'll have to check into them.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 9:39 am

Here's some vids for you guys to give you an idea of what they sound like.

From 1978:

From 1981:

From 1982:

From 1983:

From 1985:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39621

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

Not bad ! They have a nice NWOBHM sound going.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 11:58 am

Hammerfall covering one of their tunes caused me to give a listen to these guys and I remember thinking they need a remaster as the sound was pretty muddy so i'll definitely check these out.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25882

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 12:05 pm

I'll add these to my ever growing gigantic wants list.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 12:46 pm

007 wrote:
Another band I've heard of but never actually heard. I'll have to check into them.

Same here, although I seem to remember maybe having a song of theirs on a comp back in the day.

Despite being from Sweden, I like their NWOBHM sound. I could be interested in these re-issues.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 pm

I do plan on buying them. I remember seeing someone in a Heavy Load shirt when I saw Judas Priest live in 2015.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 11:05 pm

YES!!!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:31 am

Cool!

I was introduced to this band when I was asked to sing a cover song of theirs with Cauldron Born on their latest EP.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 8:28 pm

it was about damn time that these albums saw legit reissues.

Death or Glory is a essential listen. especially for that cover of a viking slaying a polar bear. if that ain't Metal enough. than i don't know what is then.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released   Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Load - Official Reissues FINALLY Being Released
Page 1 of 1