Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Clan Destined

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

The Clan Destined Empty
PostSubject: The Clan Destined   The Clan Destined Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 am

I was checking up on some Skyclad stuff and stumbled upon the band The Clan Destined. After Martin Walkyier left Skyclad he went to work on this project and they are finally releasing a cd. Supposedly though with this debut cd it will be his last. Andy Sneap and James Murphy also appear on the cd as well as producers and contributing guitar solos.

Go here http://www.theclandestined.com/downloads.php to download a song. Theres only 6 tracks but from this song it sounds like it will be good. The cd/t shirt package is a little pricey though its on amazon for pre order a little cheaper but not by much. Still if you like skyclad and miss hearing Martin this could be worth the buy esepcially if this is the last musical thing he does.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Clan Destined Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clan Destined   The Clan Destined Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:54 am

Hmmm...I quite like that. Interesting that the first track was written by Julian Cope.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

The Clan Destined Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clan Destined   The Clan Destined Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:03 am

TCD's website is a tad out of date at times. Take a look at the store, they already released the CD - a 6 track demo called In The Big Ending and is a fantastic release. They've had it on sale there for well over a year, I'm sure. I think it might now just be getting a release outside of the site though, I remember reading a very confusing Blabbermouth article about it. (EDIT: after a little bit of investigation, I think it is being officially released through stores and stuff at the end of October, but has been available directly from TCD for absolutely ages... the new release has a video for 'A Beautiful Start To The End of the World' though, so I may have to pick it up). Anyway, the five original tracks and the cover of 'T. C. Lethbridge' are really well done and polished greatly.

On the topic of this being Martin's final musical release, that has since changed. He said that at the time of making the TCD demo, where Iscariah (the other half of TCD, initially) abandoned him and his father was very ill in hopsital (and passed on), he was quite defeatist regarding music. Of course, since then he's been pursuing the Sabbat reunion, and is going to be appearing on Hell's debut album to fill in for their late vocalist at points (Hell being one of the main influences on Sabbat, but never had the chance to record an album). When I met Martin at Bloodstock this year, he said he was trying to get a band together to go under The Clan Destined banner, and record a full album. Hopefully it'll all come together.

I like to ramble.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

The Clan Destined Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clan Destined   The Clan Destined Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:17 am

haha thats ok to ramble cause I thought maybe that the site was a little outdated but I wasnt sure. I learned some things I didnt know before so thanks for rambling lol

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

The Clan Destined Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clan Destined   The Clan Destined Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:11 pm

No exagerration, The Clan Destined's 'In the Big Ending' is my favourite piece of music by anybody, ever, and is the one EP (album, whatever) that I've played more than anything else. I'd recommend everybody to buy a copy.

My review: http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=57929
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

The Clan Destined Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clan Destined   The Clan Destined Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Nice review i'll be picking this up soon.

The Clan Destined Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clan Destined   The Clan Destined Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clan Destined
Page 1 of 1