Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clan of Xymox

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:53 am

For those of you who like darkwave/synthpop and goth stuff, what do you think of Clan of Xymox?

I just finished completing collecting every last album they have released (excluding live and greatest hits) including rare demos!

This is probably my favorite band in this genre. Any other fans?
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Yes! I love them! I don't have everything they ever released, though (working on that). My fav from them is either "Twist of Shadows" or their s/t.
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:53 pm

YES!!! "Twist of Shadows" is their BEST!!! Extremely underrated even by goth/synthpop standards!

Their "S/T" is also very good!

I just ordered their last two, "Farewell" and "Breaking Point" yesterday, so I have yet to hear them.

I'm really looking forward to it though! It's nice to have completed my discography - I've been working on it for the last 6 months! Some of their stuff is not as easy to find either.

🤘
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Hey, do you know the bands A Split Second or Poesie Noire? If not here's some videos to enjoy. They're two of my fav darkwave/synth/goth bands.

A Split Second - Flesh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnmTtC7A_qc

A Split Second - Rigor Mortis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWtkuyrMPjc&mode=related&search=

A Split Second - Mambo Witch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEZa1hLq-M4&mode=related&search= (the video is kinda screwy but it's my fav song by them)

Poesie Noire - Tragedy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aq0s9zPikE

It's too bad I can't find videos for my fav Poesie Noire songs, "Come Pjutr Syntax Error" and especially "Pity for the Self" which may very well be the all-time greatest 80s darkwave song I've ever heard. Seriously recommended.
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 am

blackieboy wrote:
YES!!! "Twist of Shadows" is their BEST!!! Extremely underrated even by goth/synthpop standards!

Their "S/T" is also very good!

I just ordered their last two, "Farewell" and "Breaking Point" yesterday, so I have yet to hear them.

I'm really looking forward to it though! It's nice to have completed my discography - I've been working on it for the last 6 months! Some of their stuff is not as easy to find either.

🤘

Lemme know how they are when ya get the chance.
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:05 am

And since we're here I figured I might as well throw these bands out there too

Axodry
BiGod 20
Cassandra Complex
CCCP
Die Krupps
Dirty Harry
Gruesome Twosome
Invincible Limit
Klinik
Microchip League
Moskwa TV (great Depeche Mode soundalikes!)
The Neon Judgment
Pluuto
Portion Control
Robotiko Rejekto
SA42
Secession
Tribantura
Until December (bit more typical new wave, not so much darkwave but excellent nonetheless)
Vomito Negro
Voyou
The Weathermen

all highly recommended. If ya want, drop me your email and I can send you some songs
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:47 am

Wow dude, out of that list I've only heard 'of' Bigod 20 and Die Krupps. Never heard either.

I'll pm you my email addy! Thanks!

Have you ever heard of Einsturzende Neubauten? They are more industrial, but they kinda fit here too. I just ordered one of their albums.
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:52 am

WOW dude! I'm cranking A Split Second right now!!!

THIS STUFF RULES!!!!!!!

I have to get all their stuff now! How many do they have?
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 am

By the way, you a fan of Front 242 or Frontline Assembly?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:17 am

I have two Xymox that I play. As you said, Twist of Shadows is the best (dark & poppy), and then Phoenix is good too but more techno if I recall. More like Front 242.
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:30 am

blackieboy wrote:
Wow dude, out of that list I've only heard 'of' Bigod 20 and Die Krupps. Never heard either.

Have you ever heard of Einsturzende Neubauten? They are more industrial, but they kinda fit here too. I just ordered one of their albums.

Yeah I've heard of EN. Def. an acquired taste. Kind of like Throbbing Gristle or Test Dept -- REAL industrial, before Ministry and NIN made it more palatable for the mainstream. There's another early industrial band called Cabaret Voltaire. They're very, very good.

Can't say I'm too much a fan of EN (guess I prefer Ministry's poppier brand of industrial.)
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:31 am

blackieboy wrote:

Love, LOVE those two! Two of the best in industrial.
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 2:25 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I have two Xymox that I play. As you said, Twist of Shadows is the best (dark & poppy), and then Phoenix is good too but more techno if I recall. More like Front 242.

Yeah, "Phoenix" is much more techno-oriented. Then they released "Metamorphosis" after "Phoenix" and it was all the way techno. Ronnie Moorings (founder of the band) claims that those two albums were released as a result of record company pressure and that they are the worst of their catalogue.

I personally still like them (but out of all 12 of their albums I think those are the worst two). But I'm a die-hard fan. I think their best two are "Twist of Shadows" and the "S/T". Their newer stuff is a return to that early sound. It's very very good too. Kind of like a cross between "Twist of Shadows" and the "S/T". A real nice blend of the goth and the synthpop.
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 2:31 am

decapitate wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Yeah I've heard of EN. Def. an acquired taste. Kind of like Throbbing Gristle or Test Dept -- REAL industrial, before Ministry and NIN made it more palatable for the mainstream. There's another early industrial band called Cabaret Voltaire. They're very, very good.

Can't say I'm too much a fan of EN (guess I prefer Ministry's poppier brand of industrial.)

YES! I'd say it was REAL industrial too! Heheheh! It's definitely an acquired taste. I can't listen to it a whole lot. I'll tell you what though - this stuff is pretty extreme. It's up there with the heaviest black metal stuff out there heheh!

I do appreciate Einsturzende Neubauten for what they did though. They were the first band to really take the 'noise' of power tools, and sampled sounds to a new level. In fact, according to Depeche Mode's official biography, it was EN's pioneering with industrial sounds and sampling that inspired DM to experiment this way on their third album, "Construction Time Again". Of course, DM was much more poppy with it - but it was EN who gave them the queu through Daniel Miller (a mutual acquaintance). Some even went as far as to say that Depeche Mode stole Einsturzende Neubauten's thunder and are one of the reasons EN never made it big. I personally don't agree, as EN was just not at all commercially friendly, whereas DM was. They took this recipe to heights of success, which I'm sure EN was not too happy about lol!

Anyway - I'm really starting to like this old EN stuff. It's very weird, trippy and if you're in the right mood - downright awesome!
Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 2:35 am

decapitate wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Love, LOVE those two! Two of the best in industrial.

I couldn't agree more. When it comes to all out industrial music, there are hardly any better bands than Front 242 and Frontline Assembly. All their albums rule.

I personally like them both better than the NIN/Ministry clone bands out there. They are also both very underrated IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox
Page 1 of 1