Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clan of Xymox

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:44 pm

This is one of my all time favorite non-metal bands. Very dark, very gothic, and some of their stuff is very heavy (though IMO they were never metal). Depending on which era of the band you are talking about. They are from Germany and IMHO, are very underrated.

Anyway - any other fans here?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:22 pm

For no particular reason, they are still on the list of 'bands to check out'. I will say, however, that each mention of the last word in the name conjures a strange, anti-bacterial spray scent for me, and I am trying to juxtapose this with the classic 80's goth reputation.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:08 pm

I've got three of their CD's that I listen to sometimes, Twist of Shadows, Phoenix, and Headclouds. They are all a little bit different sounding despite the overall gothic darkness. One is dark pop, another is more ethereal, and another is more techno/dance. (I can't remember which one is which, sorry). But was a good band.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Cool! Yeah, I have every one of their studio albums. The three you mentioned are good.

My favorites are:

1. Twist of Shadows (this is their crowning achievement IMHO)
2. Hidden Faces
3. Clan of Xymox
4. Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan of Xymox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan of Xymox   Clan of Xymox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan of Xymox
Page 1 of 1