Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does Album Artwork Offend You?

Go down 
+29
Troublezone
Follower of Jesus
skullsmasher
thejokeriv
Required Fields
DeathCult
sam
scottmitchell74
Rex
TheGooch
Leatherface
the sentinel
XYZ
stevegarveyfan
ThrashedOutCobra33
Schbopo
Stender
Chairman_Smith
manny
mc666
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:48 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Everything affects my decisions whether to support a band or artist. I won't get into that, but there is one cover that instantly comes to mind when being an offended father of a teenage daughter. Can't post it here, but if you want to look it up, it is:

Prosthetic C - "FYDWAFVFS" [YOU'LL REALLY HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF - IT'S THAT VULGAR]
that's pretty tame stuff when compared to album covers from bands like Exulcerate, Vulvectomy, Monigo, Wh*re, XXX Maniak, & Disgorge.

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Ya got a teenage daughter, there, Mont?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 3:44 pm

i was replying to your comment of "it's that vulgar". not to your reason for being offended.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Never seen an album cover that offended me actually. Though, Ive never seen the one Sax is talking about either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:24 pm

I never seen the album Sax is talking about either, but judging from the title, I am going to guess their music sucks.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:27 pm

I find the cover to Virgin Killer offensive, but I am a very hard to "offend" person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:36 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Never seen an album cover that offended me actually. Though, Ive never seen the one Sax is talking about either.

Quote :
I never seen the album Sax is talking about either, but judging from the title, I am going to guess their music sucks.

I looked it up. Offensive? Sure, to some folks. Vulgar? You bet.

As for the music, that was more offensive to my ears than their covers, but then again, I'm not a grindcore/death/electronic/bangingpotsandpans fan.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:39 pm

Speaking of the " Virgin Killer" album cover, I read a few issues back of classic rock, that Uli Jon Roth had said the album cover was embrassment to him personally and he hates it, he felt that it took away from the music. He also claims that cover wasn't his idea or any of the Scorpions but management that Scorpions had at that time.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:41 pm

manny wrote:
that cover wasn't his idea or any of the Scorpions but management that Scorpions had at that time.

Wow Shocked Those managers are weird, weird, people.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:59 pm

Schbopo wrote:
manny wrote:
that cover wasn't his idea or any of the Scorpions but management that Scorpions had at that time.

Wow Shocked Those managers are weird, weird, people.

Cocaines a helluva drug. drunken
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:28 pm

If I don't like an album cover (i.e. christ illusions), I won't buy it - I do not think they should be banned, burned, etc. If you don't like it, don'y buy it
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
If I don't like an album cover (i.e. christ illusions), I won't buy it - I do not think they should be banned, burned, etc. If you don't like it, don'y buy it

OK, I won'y buy it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Quote :

As for the music, that was more offensive to my ears than their covers, but then again, I'm not a grindcore/death/electronic/bangingpotsandpans fan.

I agree. Never heard of this "band" before and that title is just stupid; it makes no sense and sounds like something a 6th grader would come up with.

But the "music" is more offensive to my ears; I'm more melodious in the bathroom than that garbage.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Quote :

I tried to find it and couldnt. All I did was get really pissed off.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:33 pm

manny wrote:
Speaking of the " Virgin Killer" album cover, I read a few issues back of classic rock, that Uli Jon Roth had said the album cover was embrassment to him personally and he hates it, he felt that it took away from the music. He also claims that cover wasn't his idea or any of the Scorpions but management that Scorpions had at that time.

Its the truth, the band hated it. Its rumored that the girl is actually the managers daughter too, I dont really believe that however. Personally, I find it in very bad taste, but not really offensive, fortunately though, they did cover the most questionable part of her anatomy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:38 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Quote :

I tried to find it and couldnt. All I did was get really pissed off.

You have to spell out the "C" part...

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Ohhh. now I know the band. I found the cover laughable myself, but I can see where Sax is coming from. All of their artwork is basically like that, I dont remember how they sound though.

Worth revisting, MC?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:53 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Ohhh. now I know the band. I found the cover laughable myself, but I can see where Sax is coming from. All of their artwork is basically like that, I dont remember how they sound though.

Worth revisting, MC?
sure, but only if you like grindcore

DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:56 pm

mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Worth revisting, MC?

Love it, heard of them originally because of Beaujard being in Mortician. Grindcore for me though doesnt get any better than Napalm Death.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 pm

I see bands such as Slayer, Venom, Morbid Angel, and King Diamond, the same way I view Stephen King or Clive Barker, they are just audio horro novels. Once in awhile Slayer may try to sneak in social commentary, but if they classified music like they do books or movies they would be in the horror section.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
xyz wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
It's the blasphemous ones I tend to steer clear of.

Same here. Christ Illusion really turned me off to Slayer.

Slayer wasn't blasphemous before Christ Illusion? surprised

Well yeah, but I was just getting into Slayer at the time Christ Illusion came out.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:07 pm

I went to Prostheic Asswipes website, the artwork is more stupid than offensive. It is like a 13 year olds who's balls just dropped are afaird to talk to girls, since they find girls scary they create this kind of crap.

Musically they suck, grindcore is one thing, Napalm Death is great band who can play their instruments while Prostheic Dickweeds sounds like they met their instruments on a blind date and created this piece of ear cancer.

Last edited by manny on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 pm

manny wrote:
I went to Prostheic Asswipes website, the artwork is more stupid than offensive. It is like a 13 year olds who's balls just dropped are afaird to talk to girls, since they find girls scary they create this kind of crap.

Musically they suck, grindcore is one thing, Napalm Death is great band who can play their instruments while Prostheic Dickweeds sounds like their instruments on a blind date and created this piece of ear cancer.

Bingo! Although you gave them more credit than I did. You gave them an 8th grade mentality.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:25 pm

DeathCult wrote:
mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Worth revisting, MC?

Love it, heard of them originally because of Beaujard being in Mortician. Grindcore for me though doesnt get any better than Napalm Death.
the first 2 NDs were definitely a major influence on me. they were never gore grind like PC is though. ND was always more political. i like it all.

stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:02 am

[/quote]the first 2 NDs were definitely a major influence on me. they were never gore grind like PC is though. ND was always more political. i like it all.[/quote]

Agreed. Napalm Death's early work blows away the competition. Truly amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Album Artwork Offend You?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next