Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does Album Artwork Offend You?

Go down 
+29
Troublezone
Follower of Jesus
skullsmasher
thejokeriv
Required Fields
DeathCult
sam
scottmitchell74
Rex
TheGooch
Leatherface
the sentinel
XYZ
stevegarveyfan
ThrashedOutCobra33
Schbopo
Stender
Chairman_Smith
manny
mc666
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:25 pm

I dont think artwork really offends me that much except for the ones that are trying to be over the top brackish like cannibal corpse ones, and its not really offending just really gross.

on the other hand, covers convince me to buy more shite then anything else. Cool covers that are handpainted or something seem to always reel me in.

Last edited by Stender on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm

manny wrote:
Ruben, and god knows how many other talentless twits they have made into household names.

Ruben's a great singer! angry

And the less I say about Clay, the better.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Schbopo, Ruben is a great singer if you like singer's that are tone deaf, do not write their own material, or do their own arrangements (like Elvis and Sinatra did), are reality television created superstars, dropped by their record label artist who almost lose out to Clay Aiken.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:43 pm

manny wrote:
if you like singer's that are tone deaf, do not write their own material, or do their own arrangements, are reality television created superstars, dropped by their record label artist who almost lose out to Clay Aiken.

Damn right I do.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:34 pm

For me no the more brutal the better
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:11 pm

I don't really mind gross, so long as it's clearly art and not just trying to be offensive (like the Type O Negative cover mentioned above--I wouldn't buy that one). Cannibal Corpse album covers don't bother me too much. It's the blasphemous ones I tend to steer clear of. Not that God is threatened (ha!), but I believe I will one day have to answer for everything I have done, and I don't think it's worth it. There's plenty of great music out there without having to dig in the trash for more.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:02 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
It's the blasphemous ones I tend to steer clear of.

Same here. Christ Illusion really turned me off to Slayer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:15 pm

xyz wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

i love that album cover. classic Larry Carroll.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:23 pm

I am not offended by any particular album artwork, however, I would stay away from anything that is blasphemous to my God and/or my religion. Peace.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:00 am

mc666 wrote:
xyz wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

I'm not denying that the artwork is not good (or even great); rather, I choose not to wallow in the muck of small-minded bands/individuals who think they're bigger/more powerful than God (come ON Kerry King).
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18982

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:02 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:53 am

I think that unless you are an absolute sick ass sexual degenerate, or a raving maniac, there will always be some artwork that will offend you. It just happens that most of us adults in this day and age have seen enough in our lives to be able to tolerate a lot. Though I'm sure taht there's stuff out there that is beyond our imagination.

In regard to how that affects music for me, to his day I haven't let an album cover or artwork turn me off from a band, but I don't discard it could happen.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:02 am

pijuyo wrote:
I think that unless you are an absolute sick ass sexual degenerate, or a raving maniac, there will always be some artwork that will offend you.
i'm a little of both i suppose Smile

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
Always hated the artwork to Celtic Frost's To Megatherion. Not sure I'd say "it offends me". I just don't like the way it portrays Christ. I own the CD, I've just turned the cover art to the inside.

Giger did that painting before it was used for the Celtic Frost album (the painting is called "Satan 1"). There are a series of the "satan" paintings, but most of his artwork doesn't follow down that road.

Here's "Satan 2", a variation but it's a female form as the slingshot.

Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Satan_II
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:31 am

gallery of suicide by cannibal corpse is the only cver i can think of that i find offensive
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:39 am

I have both of these! Yay for me!

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't believe there is an "alternate cover" to Type O's BLOODY KISSES... genres

Yeah there is.

Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Image2

I've never seen the uncensored one before. It was news to me as well, Fred.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:47 am

I can offend me. It depends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:17 am

xyz wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

Slayer wasn't blasphemous before Christ Illusion? surprised
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:32 am

xyz wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

CHRIST ILLUSION's art didn't turn me off to Slayer, but I did think it was one ugly-ass cover. Of course, I'm sure that was the idea.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:34 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

SO.....what exactly do you do that offends yourself? Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Fart_bubbles_anim Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Smile_fart_anim_2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:59 am

Rex wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

SO.....what exactly do you do that offends yourself? Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Fart_bubbles_anim Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Smile_fart_anim_2

When all else fails, go for the fart joke... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 am

Everything affects my decisions whether to support a band or artist. I won't get into that, but there is one cover that instantly comes to mind when being an offended father of a teenage daughter. Can't post it here, but if you want to look it up, it is:

Prosthetic C - "FYDWAFVFS" [YOU'LL REALLY HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF - IT'S THAT VULGAR]
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Everything affects my decisions whether to support a band or artist. I won't get into that, but there is one cover that instantly comes to mind when being an offended father of a teenage daughter. Can't post it here, but if you want to look it up, it is:

Prosthetic C - "FYDWAFVFS" [YOU'LL REALLY HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF - IT'S THAT VULGAR]

Yup. That's pretty vile.

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:33 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
mc666 wrote:
xyz wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

I'm not denying that the artwork is not good (or even great); rather, I choose not to wallow in the muck of small-minded bands/individuals who think they're bigger/more powerful than God (come ON Kerry King).

We are talking about Slayer here...a band that has made a career TRYING to offend as many people as possible. Very Happy

Slayer's artwork and/or lyrics don't bother me, they are about as threatening as your average comic book.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:48 am

no cover art really offends me it can just disgust me into not buying the album, the only one that's ever really sickened me has been Lord Gore's Resickening cover. IT's pretty bad.

And that one above... sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Album Artwork Offend You?   Does Album Artwork Offend You? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Album Artwork Offend You?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next