Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All That Remains covers Nevermore!!

Go down 
+10
nevermore
kmorg
INVADERS
DallasBlack
romeolimagolf
Todd Jaymz
mc666
MetalH
sam
MetalRob331
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Empty
PostSubject: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm not a huge fan of this band even though they're pretty talented and have a few good songs. They just did a cover of Nevermore's Believe in Nothing and it is pretty accurate and as close to the original as you can get. The vocals are nowhere near as good as Warrel's of course.

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:11 pm

not bad at all, and your right the vocals don't touch warrells
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:05 pm

Decent. I like this band, but don't like when they try the death metal vocals. It's no good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:10 pm

All That Remains will be their CDs in a cutout bin in a couple years.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:31 pm

Sounds ok to me, but the vocals are a little weak IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:20 am

they're an ok group. it was an interesting choice of a cover song for them. something you wouldn't expect them to try & tackle.

Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:33 pm

I think it's great they covered Nevermore, mabe a show of respect or something. Also the latest from All That Remains/Overcome imo is their best to date! I would have like to see Phil with Shadows Fall for a second album, I think it would have been interesting-TJ
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:37 pm

It is interesting that 2 different bands have covered this song recently. First these guys and now Firewind.

To hear Firewind's version Go here: http://www.myspace.com/centurymediaeurope
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:46 am

The only thing I know about All That Remains is that they hate being called anything but metal. In a Metal Edge article, the vocalist claims that it pisses him off when they call them power, thrash, death, or metalcore. I'd have to hear some samples sometime to see what I think of it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:01 am

it's a decent cover. not as good as the original though.
Nevermore Rules!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:50 am

Amazing song, and a personal favorite of mine. Of course no other band can do it justice. Kudos for trying though. Now I'm off to listen to the Firewind version!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:51 am

Man, anyone got the Firewind version? It was taken down from the MySpace site

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:35 pm

INVADERS wrote:
it's a decent cover. not as good as the original though.
Nevermore Rules!!!

Indeed!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:44 pm

I like ATR, but it's really hard to do justice to Dane's vocals. The cover is ok, but the original has more depth imho.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm not impressed, but then again, I'm biased. Noone compares to Nevermore as far as I'm concerned. Was this done for their next cd or is this going on some sort of comp?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:14 pm

These vocals aggrivate me, sounds like he's whining about something.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Yes covering Nevermore and having an average singer is hard. Covering Nevermore is hard in general with dane behind the vocals/
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 11:51 am

I thought i heard of this band from somewhere, my Boss and a friend of mine were both in another band with Oli, the guy who just passed away.  Small world....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All That Remains covers Nevermore!!   All That Remains covers Nevermore!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All That Remains covers Nevermore!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: