Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)

Go down 
+6
skullsmasher
Velvet Creation
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
manny
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I saw that. Weak. That doesn't include everything that White Zombie has ever done, like Rob claimed it would. The two extra tracks from the cassette version of the Gods on Voodoo Moon EP aren't included, nor are all the never-released songs (which are all over YouTube). That's kind of lame.

Never released songs from their earlier days, or later?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:14 pm

DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Never was a big White Zombie fan but I like most of Rob's solo stuff (except that last one, WTF?)

Only WZ I own is Astrocreep plus a single of Thunderkiss.

I may check this out.

Youre insane Toho, his solo stuff is terrible Shocked

How so?

To me, Rob's solo stuff sounds just like the White Zombie stuff I have. How are they different?

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:25 pm

I just found sinister urge and educated horses severely lacking. Hellbilly is ok, but the albums never really clicked for me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:29 pm

I loved Sinister Urge!

To me Hellbilly Deluxe was struggling to find a non-White Zombie identity and sort of floated around.

And I felt that Educated Horses was a total turd IMO.

But I like Sinister Urge better than any White Zombie album I've heard.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:32 pm

well, each to their own I guess. They always seemed to struggle with writing a whole album of consistent songs whether its solo or White Zombie though, to me anyway.

I guess its more nostalgia for me when it comes right down to the choices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Will you buy this boxset for me for Christmas, DC?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Sure.

And you can get me the last 2 Xentrix ones I need Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:35 pm

DeathCult wrote:
well, each to their own I guess. They always seemed to struggle with writing a whole album of consistent songs whether its solo or White Zombie though, to me anyway.

That first part I agree with. I found Sinister Urge to be the most consistent Zombie album of any era.

That's why I'm hesitant about this box set. IMO, White Zombie albums have 3 or 4 really cool songs and a bunch of filler.

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:40 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I saw that. Weak. That doesn't include everything that White Zombie has ever done, like Rob claimed it would. The two extra tracks from the cassette version of the Gods on Voodoo Moon EP aren't included, nor are all the never-released songs (which are all over YouTube). That's kind of lame.
Early days, although there is one on YouTube called "Star Slammer" that is clearly too heavy to be an early demo, so it was likely when J. was in the band.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

That first part I agree with. I found Sinister Urge to be the most consistent Zombie album of any era.

That's why I'm hesitant about this box set. IMO, White Zombie albums have 3 or 4 really cool songs and a bunch of filler.

To collect the good ones, I'd say its worth it as long as its reasonably priced. If not, if you can live with CDR's the songs are easy enough to find.

The problem with their early material is they created their sound with "Gods On Voodoo Moon" but didnt really make the attempt to evolve until God Of Thunder. So youd get a few good songs on each album or EP, then the rest would be formulaic repetitiveness.

Sounds like I need to give Sinister Urge another chance. For Rob's solo stuff I sold off Hellbilly and Sinister and bought that Past Present And Future comp in their place, figured it was all I needed from what I had heard.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Early days, although there is one on YouTube called "Star Slammer" that is clearly too heavy to be an early demo, so it was likely when J. was in the band.

Any chance you could provide some more names there? greedy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 pm

DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Never was a big White Zombie fan but I like most of Rob's solo stuff (except that last one, WTF?)

Only WZ I own is Astrocreep plus a single of Thunderkiss.

I may check this out.

Youre insane Toho, his solo stuff is terrible Shocked
Pfffft! His solo stuff is excellent. And I love Educated Horses! I will say, though, there are too many inturdludes and weird songs on his solo albums. I assume this is because his time is now split between so many different things—movies, music, comics—that he doesn't have time to put out long full-lengths. So in go the filler tracks. Aside from those, however, I think the real songs are great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:48 pm

DeathCult wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Sure.

Certainly

not. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:52 pm

spectrefate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Sure.

Certainly

not. Smile

Jackass Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:01 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
The unreleased stuff? Let's see...

Dead Ringer (early version of "Revenge")
Follow Wild
Paradise Fireball
Punishment Park
Rain Insane
Red River Flow

And that's just what I know of. No doubt there's droves of additional material. Then there's "Where The Side Walk Ends, the Bug Parade Begins" from the "Super Charger Heaven" single, I believe. Never heard this; no idea what it is. Then there's all the remixes and whatnot. Not that I'm a huge fan of remixes, but everything should frickin include EVERYTHING!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
The unreleased stuff? Let's see...

Dead Ringer (early version of "Revenge")
Follow Wild
Paradise Fireball
Punishment Park
Rain Insane
Red River Flow

And that's just what I know of. No doubt there's droves of additional material. Then there's "Where The Side Walk Ends, the Bug Parade Begins" from the "Super Charger Heaven" single, I believe. Never heard this; no idea what it is. Then there's all the remixes and whatnot. Not that I'm a huge fan of remixes, but everything should frickin include EVERYTHING!

Thanks! :bangyerhead:
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:14 am

Here is the news release with the track listing for the White Zombie boxset:

Submitted by: DSR

PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!!

White Zombie will be releasing a 4-CD/1-DVD box set "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie" (Geffen/UMe), on November 25th, 2008. The CDs will feature all 64 original studio recordings released by the band led by Rob Zombie during its 1985-1996 career. The DVD offers nine music videos, 10 live performances, and some hidden gems.

Disc One of "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie" includes all of the tracks released on the New York City band’s own Silent Explosion label--the four songs on the 1985's "Gods On Voodoo Moon" EP, of which only 300 copies were pressed; the two songs on the 1986's "Pig Heaven" EP, which had only 1,000 made; and the seven on 1987’s "Psycho-Head Blowout" EP, which Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain called one of his favorite albums.

Disc Two encompasses White Zombie’s first two full-length albums, 1987’s "Soul-Crusher," which began on Silent Explosion but was re-released by Caroline Records the following year, and 1989’s "Make Them Die Slowly."

Disc Three offers the three-selection "God Of Thunder" EP and the band’s 1992 major label debut, "La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1," which broke the band into the Top 40, earned double platinum and spawned the Best Hard Rock Performance Grammy-nominated “Thunder Kiss ‘65” and “Black Sunshine” (with Iggy Pop). Also heard is “I Am Hell” from the soundtrack to the 1993 animated flilm "The Beavis & Butt-head Experience."

Disc Four opens with “Children Of The Grave” from a 1994 Black Sabbath tribute album and “Feed The Gods” from that year’s Airheads soundtrack album. The centerpiece, however, is 1995’s "Astro-Creep: 2000, Songs Of Love, Destruction And Other Synthetic Delusions Of The Electric Head," which ranked in the Top 10 for two months, was certified triple platinum and spun off the Modern Rock Top 10, Grammy nominated “More Human Than Human.” The recordings conclude with 1996 soundtrack contributions to "Escape From L.A.,"" Beavis And Butt-head Do America" and "The Crow: City Of Angels", with its Grammy nominated cover of the disco hit “I’m Your Boogieman.”

Among the DVD’s videos are those for “More Human Than Human,” winner of the MTV Video Music Award for Best Hard Rock Video, as well as “Thunder Kiss ’65,” “Black Sunshine,” “Super-Charger Heaven,” “I’m Your Boogieman” and “The One.” Live performances include “Soul-Crusher,” “Spiderbaby (Yeah Yeah Yeah),” “I Am Hell” and “Creature Of The Wheel.”

White Zombie stopped touring and recording in 1998 after the release of the "Hellbilly Deluxe," the triple platinum solo debut for Rob Zombie, who has since enjoyed continued success both on record and as a film director with his vision of the dark side.

PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!!

"Let Sleeping Corpses Lie" Track Listing:
Disc 1
1. Gentleman Junkie
2. King of Souls
3. Tales From the Scarecrowman
4. Cat’s Eye Resurrection
5. Pig Heaven
6. Slaughter The Grey
7. Eighty-Eight
8. Fast Jungle
9. Gun Crazy
10.Kick
11.Memphis
12.Magdalene
13.True Crime

Disc 2:
1. Ratmouth_
2. Shack of Hate
3. Drowning the Colossus
4. Crow III
5. Die, Zombie, Die
6. Skin
7. Truck On Fire
8. Future-Shock
9. Scumkill
10. Diamond Ass
11. Demonspeed
12. Disaster Blaster
13. Murderworld_
14. Revenge
15. Acid Flesh
16. Power Hungry
17. Godslayer

Disc 3:
1. God Of Thunder
2. Love Razor
3. Disaster Blaster 2
4. Welcome to Planet Motherfucker/Psychoholic Slag
5. Knuckle Duster (Radio 1-A)
6. Thunder Kiss ‘65
7. Black Sunshine
8. Soul-Crusher
9. Cosmic Monsters Inc.
10. Spiderbaby (Yeah-Yeah-Yeah)
11. I Am Legend
12. Knuckle Duster (Radio 2-B)
13. Thrust!
14. One Big Crunch
15. Grindhouse (A Go-Go)
16. Starface_
17. Warp Asylum
18. I Am Hell

Disc 4:
1. Children Of The Grave
2. Feed The Gods
3. Electric Head Pt. 1 (The Agony)
4. Super-Charger Heaven
5. Real Solution #9_ Creature Of The Wheel
6. Electric Head Pt. 2 (The Ecstacy)
7. Grease Paint And Monkey Brains
8. I, Zombie
9. More Human Than Human
10. El Phantasmo and The Chicken-Run Blast-O-Rama
11. Blur The Technicolor
12. Blood, Milk and Sky
13. The One
14. I’m Your Boogieman
15. Ratfinks
16. Suicide Tanks and Cannibal Girls

Disc 5 (DVD):
Videos:
1. Thunder Kiss ’65
2. Black Sunshine
3. Welcome To Planet Mf
4. Feed The Gods
5. More Human Than Human
6. Super-Charger Heaven
7. Electric Head - Pt. II (The Ecstasy)
8. I’m Your Boogieman
9. The One

Live Performances:
1. Soul-Crusher
2. Spiderbaby (Yeah Yeah Yeah)
3. Thrust!
4. Black Sunshine
5. Cosmic Monsters Inc.
6. Thunder Kiss ’65
7. Electric Head - Pt. I (The Agony)_
8. I Am Hell
9. Welcome To Planet Mf
10. Creature Of The Wheel
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 am

Still no BLACK FRIDAY or DEAD OR ALIVE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:21 am

DeathCult wrote:

Those will be on the second WZ box set that will also sell for 72 bucks.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 am

spectrefate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Those will be on the second WZ box set that will also sell for 72 bucks.

Thatd piss me off. I just think its ridiculous to leave them off of this, becuase they were on "Gods On Voodoo Moon".

Guess Im just hanging on to my dubs Very Happy

And I dont wanna hear any of that time restraint crap from the producers either, because the compilation I made has the exact same track listing as disc 1, with those two songs added in so I know it fits
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Wow. I'm a fan, but $72 is a little too pricey for me. Guess I'll wait till it hits ebay.

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:21 pm

It's nonsense. I want all the unreleased songs not on albums. He said this will include EVERYTHING they've done. Nope.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It's nonsense. I want all the unreleased songs not on albums. He said this will include EVERYTHING they've done. Nope.

I agree, but the two missing tracks from "Gods" pisses me off the most. I mean come on, they were actually ON the album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:46 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I agree, but the two missing tracks from "Gods" pisses me off the most. I mean come on, they were actually ON the album
True. Well, the tape version, anyway. But still...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:11 am

I really dig his solo stuff too and the stuff he did when he had White Zombie

Ill be adding this to my want list
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)   White Zombie Box Set (coming soon) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Zombie Box Set (coming soon)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2