Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Similar Riffs/Melody

Go down 
+8
INVADERS
Glenn Rogers
Pontus
SAHB Healer
akeldama
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
Orion Crystal Ice
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Similar Riffs/Melody Empty
PostSubject: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Just an interesting fun comparison, GammaRay's Land of the Free Pt.II", The title track,no.9
There is a similar Melody, to IronMaiden's "the Clairvoyant" from 7th son of a 7th Son. Check it out.

(Edited...sorry, Not Hellwoeen, it's Gammaray... :geek: )

Last edited by 2GunBlade on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:07 pm

On the Gammaray Track, you'll hear it at 4:18- 4:30 (Maiden Influence?)

Last edited by 2GunBlade on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:13 pm

I got some..

W.A.S.P. - Arena of Pleasure -- Uriah Heep - Bird of Prey (intro)
Helloween - Cry for Freedom -- UFO - Doctor Doctor (intro)
Royal Hunt - Paper Blood -- Grave Digger - Rheingold (almost the exact exact exact same intro riff)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I got some..

W.A.S.P. - Arena of Pleasure -- Uriah Heep - Bird of Prey (intro)
Helloween - Cry for Freedom -- UFO - Doctor Doctor (intro)
Royal Hunt - Paper Blood -- Grave Digger - Rheingold (almost the exact exact exact same intro riff)

I thought I heard Paper Blood somewhere else,cool Orion!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:03 am

I was listening to an album just a few weeks ago and thinking that a certain song was quite a bit like Smoke on the Water....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:05 am

The intro's to Who Tends the Fire (Overkill) and Seasons in the Abyss (Slayer).
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:11 am

The riffs in Do You Close Your Eyes (Rainbow) and Power (Rainbow).
The I Dream Of Genie theme and The Ballot Or The Bullet (VH) riff.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:25 am

ZZ Top (Tush) & Motorhead (No Class) and a third song by somebody I can't place right now, anybody know? I don't mean Nuge's "Yank Me Crank Me" either, which is another similar riff.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:42 am

Captain Beyond's "Dancing Madly Backwards" reminds me of not only Sabbath's "Megalomania"; but even more of Iommi proteges Quartz's "Wildfire". You gotta wonder if Tony was unconsiously influenced there, as the Captain Beyond riff was written in what, 1972?
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:45 am

Just listen to the intros of Venom's "Welcome to Hell", Tyger of Pan Tang's "Hellbound", Dio's "Stand Up and Shout", Accept's "Flash Rockin' Man" and Iron Maiden's "2 Minutes to Midnight". They all have the same intro riff, some just change the tempo a little bit. Hm, I'm sure there are more songs with that intro but these were the songs that popped up in my head at the moment.

Last edited by Pontus on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:50 am

Pontus wrote:
Just listen to the intros of Venom's "Welcome to Hell", Tyger of Pan Tang's "Hellbound", Dio's "Stand Up and Shout", Accept's "Flash Rockin' Man" and Iron Maiden's "2 Minutes to Midnight". They all have the same intro riff, some just change the tempo a little bit. Hm, I'm sure there are more songs with that intro but these were the songs that popped up in my mind at the moment.

Yeah, that riff was almost an NWOBHM signature. I bet there are five more songs that use it from that era. For what it's worth I never got sick of it anyway! I still love it.
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:28 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Pontus wrote:
Just listen to the intros of Venom's "Welcome to Hell", Tyger of Pan Tang's "Hellbound", Dio's "Stand Up and Shout", Accept's "Flash Rockin' Man" and Iron Maiden's "2 Minutes to Midnight". They all have the same intro riff, some just change the tempo a little bit. Hm, I'm sure there are more songs with that intro but these were the songs that popped up in my mind at the moment.

Yeah, that riff was almost an NWOBHM signature. I bet there are five more songs that use it from that era. For what it's worth I never got sick of it anyway! I still love it.

Yeah, it sure was. I really like that old good riff too. Smile

I think that Nitro got a song with the same intro riff as well, not sure though.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Well, the truth is everyone barrows from everyone...We only have 8 notes...Just like the blues, there is only so much you can do in a Metal Box...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Well, the truth is everyone barrows from everyone...We only have 8 notes...Just like the blues, there is only so much you can do in a Metal Box...

Totally agree 🤘
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:07 pm

R.H.C.P. - Give it away now = Sabbath - Sweet Leaf

I hear they also borrowed an old Uriah Heep track for the main riff on a song from Californication, Anybody know the song(s)?? I guess the guitar player sits around listening to old metal & cleans it up, Makes it funkier & makes millions........
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:19 pm

assault_attack wrote:
R.H.C.P. - Give it away now = Sabbath - Sweet Leaf

I hear they also borrowed an old Uriah Heep track for the main riff on a song from Californication, Anybody know the song(s)?? I guess the guitar player sits around listening to old metal & cleans it up, Makes it funkier & makes millions........

Same can be said about Zeppelin,Stones,Beatles ect...
It's all been done...Just enjoy it for what it is...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:30 pm

Mustaine stole the "Motorbreath" riff for "FFF." I also think Metallica's "The God That Failed" and Megadeth's "Dawn Patrol" might have been an old riff or something from when Mustaine was in Metallica. They're similar.

Ultimatum's "Deathwish" reminds me of AC/DCs "Jailbreak."

Operatika's "Dreamworld" is a blatant rip-off of Nightwish's "She Is My Sin." Of course, Operatika is a complete Nightwish rip-off so that's no surprise. Great rip-off band, though.

That's about as blatant as they come.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:00 pm

AC/DC. They all sound the same. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:03 pm

I seem to remember someone posting this before, but here goes...

This guy BakNBlack did a whole series...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adukrwHY09s

Check out the sidebar for links to a whole slew of 'em.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:16 pm

I think one famous one is when Blitzkrieg (& later Metallica) amped up the riff from the old prog rock song "Hocus Pocus" by Focus. This is actaully something that everyone appreciated, since the original was an instrumental on an other wise pretty tame old prog disc.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Check out the choruses to:
Kreator - Total Death
Exodus - Strike of the Beast
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:17 pm

The intros from Montrose's "Bad Motor Scooter" and Motley Crue's "Kick Start My Heart".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Similar Riffs/Melody   Similar Riffs/Melody Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Similar Riffs/Melody
Page 1 of 1