Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
White_Mage
bgast1
Temple of Blood
powermacho
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:49 am

Quote :
The thing with Jackson, is that I have read over the internet many complains about poor quality of production by the factories.

Everyone has an opinion good or bad. Don't listen to anyone, even me. Got to a guitar store and play the guitars and find the one that's right for you. I sure wouldn't plop a thousand bucks down on something based on a internet review. What is good for one is not necessarily good for another. Screw people's reviews, most are biased one way or another anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:48 pm

What styles do you plan on playing? When i go for a guitar i want something that can play everything. Jackson is a pure metal guitar as well ESP. I would pick an ESP over a Jackson as it has a faster neck and much better sustain.

Here is how i narrow it down. Find an amp and get the sound you want. Play a few guitars and see which sounds better. I look for versatility and thats why i love my Ibanez. I can go from pure metal and thrash to SRV licks and chops to some classical styles all with just a push of a button.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:01 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
The thing with Jackson, is that I have read over the internet many complains about poor quality of production by the factories.

Everyone has an opinion good or bad. Don't listen to anyone, even me. Got to a guitar store and play the guitars and find the one that's right for you. I sure wouldn't plop a thousand bucks down on something based on a internet review. What is good for one is not necessarily good for another. Screw people's reviews, most are biased one way or another anyway.
You are right on that, I have played Jacksons on stores and never felt any flaws on the guitars. One thing with Jacksons, is that I think they are overpriced guitars. 2,000 bucks for a guitar is way to much money
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:09 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
What styles do you plan on playing? When i go for a guitar i want something that can play everything. Jackson is a pure metal guitar as well ESP. I would pick an ESP over a Jackson as it has a faster neck and much better sustain.

Here is how i narrow it down. Find an amp and get the sound you want. Play a few guitars and see which sounds better. I look for versatility and thats why i love my Ibanez. I can go from pure metal and thrash to SRV licks and chops to some classical styles all with just a push of a button.
I want a guitar for Traditional Heavy Metal, and Thrash metal, not just palm muting but to do some solos and melodies. But yes I am looking for a fast neck, very comfortable guitar to play, great balance, resonance, sustain. Basicly a guitar with a thin neck or unfinished to practice for a long time, without getting easily tired.

I have played Ibanez, and I loved everything about them, but I don't know much about them. I heard Prestige Model from Ibanez is one of their best. But I need to know about their Tremolo, since I am looking for an original Floyd Rose. And the Ibanez Tremolo would have to be as good as the Floyd tremolos
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 am

Quote :
I look for versatility and thats why i love my Ibanez. I can go from pure metal and thrash to SRV licks and chops to some classical styles all with just a push of a button.

If you're good you can play anything on any brand guitar as long as you got the right pickups and amp. My Jackson soloist has an amazing neck pickup with great sustain that would make John Sykes proud (think "Is This Love" solo).
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:26 pm

what about a B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr.? They go for $750. they have neck-throught, original floyd rose, and some EMG 81 and EMG 85.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-NJ-Deluxe-Jr.-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=516096

I think this could be it. I will have to hear the comments from it, and read more about it. But I could be the guitar. A killer price for great feauters, but I which It was Dmarzio pick ups to be my dream guitar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget   Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recomendations on my next guitar. A $1000 budget
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2