Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

recomendations....

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
rattpoison
Muloc7253
James B.
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:42 pm

am gonna be getting some new tuneage and would appreciate some kick down picks....no cookie monster stuff please crazy happy
thanks and laterz
Back to top Go down

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:45 pm

No cookie monster? so you don't want to buy Sesame Street Disco? i have it on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:56 pm

[quoteNo cookie monster? so you don't want to buy Sesame Street Disco? i have it on vinyl.][/quote]

Can't call which is more sad....me begging new music or you having that lp.
anywho's, thanks for playing along

Laterz
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:34 pm

This is kinda vague...

The Clan Destined - In the Big Ending
Skyclad - Irrational Anthems
Bishop - Steel Gods
Property - Redemption
Voodoo Terror Tribe - Alone Again
Augustine - Cinematic Masquerade
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:51 pm

If you haven't got it yet

The Answer - Rise

I know your a 70's rock hold out, so that should do it. Humble Pie, Led Zep, Free etc.
Back to top Go down

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:54 pm

REVEREND BIZARRE - III: So Long Suckers
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:59 pm

Could you be more specific as to what you're looking for?

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:31 pm

James B. wrote:
[quoteNo cookie monster? so you don't want to buy Sesame Street Disco? i have it on vinyl.]

Can't call which is more sad....me begging new music or you having that lp.
anywho's, thanks for playing along

Laterz[/quote]

sorry for the stupid joke! i had the title wrong - it was "sesame street fever."

not sure exactly what you're looking for, but seems like you want some mellower stuff? are you looking for stuff outside the metal genre altogether?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:23 pm

ParanoidTime wrote:
No cookie monster? so you don't want to buy Sesame Street Disco? i have it on vinyl.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 pm

thanks for the suggestions

I listen to alot of stuff.... I figured since my post was in HoM , folks wouldn't have to think much past a mere request for "metal". My "cookie monster" remark was in regards to my dislike of unintelligible growling in the vocal dept. I am only asking to discover new and obscure bands.

thanls
Back to top Go down

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:29 pm

These threads always baffle me. This entire forum is a suggestion on what you should check out.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Quote :
These threads always baffle me. This entire forum is a suggestion on what you should check out.

Cause I am lazy and it is kinda/sorta kewl to have interaction with people.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:44 pm

I ran a thread called "Power metal catch up tips" this winter, and it was pretty informative and helpful to me. Run a search on the words "catch up" and you might appreciate that thread.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Quote :
I ran a thread called "Power metal catch up tips" this winter, and it was pretty informative and helpful to me. Run a search on the words "catch up" and you might appreciate that thread.

right on man, thanks
Back to top Go down

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:34 pm

James B. wrote:
Quote :
Cause I am lazy and it is kinda/sorta kewl to have interaction with people.
Exactly. And people will come and list tons of bands, and you might check out five of them. This is not me picking a fight, before anyone suggests it. Haha. I've just seen it a million times before. "Give me some suggestions!" And then you get 500 suggestions. Are you going to look into those suggestions? Hell no! I wouldn't either. So why ask?

What I find better is to look and see what people have already voluntarily suggested. For instance, I posted a thread about Eyes Of Fire last night. I'm thinking that since that thread has largely gone unnoticed, or people at least haven't replied to it, that many people don't know the band. Why not check them out? And all the other threads just like that one?
Back to top Go down

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:44 pm

James B. wrote:
thanks for the suggestions

I listen to alot of stuff.... I figured since my post was in HoM , folks wouldn't have to think much past a mere request for "metal". My "cookie monster" remark was in regards to my dislike of unintelligible growling in the vocal dept. I am only asking to discover new and obscure bands.

thanls

i guess i was thrown off by "kick down picks." never heard that phrase before, guess i was kinda thinking more like "kick back," as in relaxing. and then the cookie monster comment. anyway!...

i think eyesore's comments kinda cover it. there are tons of threads on here with new and obscure stuff suggested left and right. heck, even in the AOR thread, i had never heard of half the bands that were being mentioned!!!
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Demilich - Nespithe Laughing very hard

no cookie monster
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:31 am

OK, I'll just mention my alltime favorite album:

Therion - Lemuria/Sirius B

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:33 am

Bride - Oddities

It came highly recommended by MG, so I'm just paying it forward. Smile
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 am

Muloc7253 wrote:
The Clan Destined - In the Big Ending
Great suggestion. Fantastic CD.

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 am

spectrefate wrote:
Bride - Oddities

It came highly recommended by MG, so I'm just paying it forward. Smile

I like Bride, but not that one.

I like Bride from about 1986 to 89. They were metal from out of nowhere. My favorite christian band.
Back to top Go down

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 am

recomendations.... CookieMonster
Back to top Go down

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 am

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 am

groomdedz wrote:
recomendations.... CookieMonster

This band was fronted by Exene Cervenka

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:01 am

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

recomendations.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: recomendations....   recomendations.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recomendations....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next