Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage against the machine

Go down 
+12
Thrasher73
nevermore
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Selvmord
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
spiritoradio
TheGooch
manny
shamgar75
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Rage against the machine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:03 pm

I liked the first couple of RATM albums and enjoyed Downset,too. But as far as rap metal goes I always liked Stuck Mojo better esp. their first three albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:07 pm

nevermore wrote:
I always liked Stuck Mojo better esp. their first three albums.

Has Eyesore ever told you how they never get the credit for starting the whole "rap metal" or whatever movement? Give him a minute, he'll tell ya all about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
nevermore wrote:
I always liked Stuck Mojo better esp. their first three albums.

Has Eyesore ever told you how they never get the credit for starting the whole "rap metal" or whatever movement? Give him a minute, he'll tell ya all about it. Smile

Oh no,dont get him started
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:52 pm

He doesn't have to tell me. I know already. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:23 pm

manny wrote:
You question my integrity because I found the lyrics hilarious? I admit that lyrics are funny, hilarious, a laugh riot, knee slapper, tickeled my funny bone,do I find Zakk's lyrics to be stupid, no because unlike Downset's lyrics at least I felt some sort of emotional response besides apathy, to question one's integrity over a disagreement on song lyrics well, I do find that to be amusing.
I question your integrity in this instance only. I'm not saying you're an all-around dishonest person. But I can't even grasp the notion that someone can say that these are insipid lyrics:

Quote :
A shadow of divine perfection
Royal majestic my g-dhood extension
Truly move me from source of pure energy ecstasy
And these aren't:

Quote :
Hey yo, it's just another bombtrack
And suckas be thinkin' that they can fade this
But I'm gonna drop it at a higher level
'Cause I'm inclined to stoop down
Hand out some beat-downs
Cold runna train on punk ho's that
Think they run the game
Quote :
Solo, I'm a soloist on a solo list
Alive, never on a floppy disk
Inka, inka, bottle of ink
Paintings of rebellion
Drawn up by the thoughts I think
Yeah!
Come on!
Give me a break, man! If you want to feel like you've won something here, go ahead, but I'm not buying it. Both bands have horrible lyrics (on display right here). I can admit it. Can you?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
You question my integrity because I found the lyrics hilarious? I admit that lyrics are funny, hilarious, a laugh riot, knee slapper, tickeled my funny bone,do I find Zakk's lyrics to be stupid, no because unlike Downset's lyrics at least I felt some sort of emotional response besides apathy, to question one's integrity over a disagreement on song lyrics well, I do find that to be amusing.
I question your integrity in this instance only. I'm not saying you're an all-around dishonest person. But I can't even grasp the notion that someone can say that these are insipid lyrics:

Quote :
A shadow of divine perfection
Royal majestic my g-dhood extension
Truly move me from source of pure energy ecstasy
And these aren't:

Quote :
Hey yo, it's just another bombtrack
And suckas be thinkin' that they can fade this
But I'm gonna drop it at a higher level
'Cause I'm inclined to stoop down
Hand out some beat-downs
Cold runna train on punk ho's that
Think they run the game
Quote :
Solo, I'm a soloist on a solo list
Alive, never on a floppy disk
Inka, inka, bottle of ink
Paintings of rebellion
Drawn up by the thoughts I think
Yeah!
Come on!
Give me a break, man! If you want to feel like you've won something here, go ahead, but I'm not buying it. Both bands have horrible lyrics (on display right here). I can admit it. Can you?

Ok Eyesore I hate to admit that Zakk's lyrics are from time to time just as insipid as Downset, now someone on this thread mentioned Stuck Mojo being pioneers of this type of music, heard the name never heard the music are they worth checking out? I would go on you tube but I don't want to try to figure what is worth listening to and what isn't.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 pm

I met Zach once in Hollywood at a falafel and chicken joint of all places reading some communist book as he was eating. I think it had a picture of Karl Marx on it. He was pretty down to earth and I remember asking him how his solo project was coming along, and he gave me the usual BS about having it mostly completed. Well, that was in 2005, and nothing really materialized.

Going through youtube, I realized the first ever public gig that RATM played was at my old universities student union. They sounded horrible.

The first RATM album has some heavy riffs for sure.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:34 pm

I like Stuck Mojo better as well.

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Stuck Mojo blows them both away.

Two songs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Are the earliest Stuck Mojo discs worth picking up?

I have everything from Rising on and always wondered if Pigwalk and Snappin' Necks were worth buying.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Judging from this two Stuck Mojo songs this guys are heavier than RATM, more of pure metal/hip hop hybrid than RATM are, very cool introduction to the band, I was surprised to see they were on the Century Media label. I will have to pick up some of their stuff on Amazon.
Another band added to my list since I joined this board.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:37 pm

manny wrote:
Judging from this two Stuck Mojo songs this guys are heavier than RATM, more of pure metal/hip hop hybrid than RATM are, very cool introduction to the band, I was surprised to see they were on the Century Media label. I will have to pick up some of their stuff on Amazon.

This band is heavier than RATM and at the opposite end of the political spectrum most of the time.

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Are the earliest Stuck Mojo discs worth picking up?

I have everything from Rising on and always wondered if Pigwalk and Snappin' Necks were worth buying.
Definitely! Pigwalk is a different kind of album. Devin Townsend produced it so his influence is apparent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJdidaCY-XY

There's just a slight industrial backdrop to some of the songs. Either way, both are awesome albums.

Here's a demo recorded during the Pigwalk sessions:

It was never mastered or mixed (it was actually lost for a while). Devin sounds awesome. Too bad a crappy unmixed demo is all we'll ever get. They did "Shout At The Devil," too, but that was lost with this one so it's in the same state.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
This band is heavier than RATM and at the opposite end of the political spectrum most of the time.
Yeah, they preach a love for this country and for being an American in a positive way.

And they're much heavier. Rich Ward is a metal guitarist. And he's one of the most underrated out there. Zakk Wylde says he's one of the best guitarists in the world.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Eyesore,

Did you get the special autographed version of Southern Born Killers that came with a DVD of Rich explaining how they've been screwed over and why they went to the free download method?

I thought that was pretty interesting.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:20 pm

All this time I spent defending Zakk's lyrics, I rarely agree with his very left wing political statements, but I think some of his lyrics are interesting, also Alice Cooper's take on Zakk's lyrics was even more interesting, when on VH1 several years ago Alice referred to them as " social fiction"
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:29 pm

I'm back from the dead. Anyway, I always thought the lyrics were brilliant and thought provoking. Well, some of them at least. If I may quote Sleep now in the fire...

The world is my expense
The cost of my desire
Jesus blessed me with its future
And I protect it with fire
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

and it has a darn good riff too!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:57 pm

Stuck Mojo Owns Rage IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Mordred owns them all. (whatever "owns" means)
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Quote :
Stuck Mojo Owns RATM IMO.

Fixed it for you.. Cool
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:30 pm

only cared for 1 or 2 songs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 9:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore,

Did you get the special autographed version of Southern Born Killers that came with a DVD of Rich explaining how they've been screwed over and why they went to the free download method?

I thought that was pretty interesting.
I did. And the reissue.

These guys get my money, no matter what. Rich has a whole demo series he's released for Mojo, Fozzy, and his solo stuff. They're just CDRs with minimal artwork, but I gladly pay. I've met them numerous times over the years and they're always friendly. I e-mail Rich from time to time and he always replies back, and it's never just a word or two, the guy will have a serious conversation with you on e-mail. I've even talked to his wife on e-mail and she's very friendly, too.

I should try to get a hold of him soon, though. Back in July I bought the two demo releases I didn't have and I haven't gotten them yet. Rich does this himself, so it says to wait 2 to 4 weeks, but all the websites and forums have disappeared and I know Rich is recording the new album now. I hope no one forgets to send me those discs. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage against the machine   Rage against the machine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage against the machine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2