Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper

Go down 
+10
Addy
A Handful of Wayne
Selvmord
skullsmasher
Metal Misfit
Waylon
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
bgast1
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Alice Cooper - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:45 pm

A friend and I just bought a copy of this. Its a little pricey but when will you get a chance to get his autograph again? I kick my self in the butt for never getting that DIO box set he put out just weeks before he died. I can't let this slip through.

http://shop.alicecooper.com/shop.cfm/pk/category/ac/detail/cid/400025/prodid/401458

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Quote :

Alice Cooper has revealed he nearly shot Elvis Presley after meeting the King of rock and roll in Las Vegas in 1971.

The "Poison" singer recalled the unusual meeting, which took place in Elvis' hotel room, when Presley took out a gun and asked Cooper to shoot him in the head.

Cooper said: 'He had the penthouse -- this was when he was at the top of his game. I had always been a fan as a kid, so I jumped at the chance to go upstairs and meet him.

'Elvis took me into the kitchen, opened a drawer and pulled out a loaded pistol, telling me to put it to his head. I recognised it straight away, a snub .32.

'I didn't know what to do. I had this gun in my hand and was expecting one of his security to come in any second, see me holding a weapon and shoot me dead.'

But while Cooper admitted he felt slightly torn about whether or not to shoot Presley, he said he eventually decided to do the right thing.

He told the Daily Mirror: 'A little voice in my left ear was telling me, "Go on, this is history, kill him, you'll always be the guy who killed Elvis." In my other ear was another voice saying, "You can't kill him, it's Elvis Presley - wound him instead, you'll only get a few years!" '

However, it seems Presley was just messing around with Cooper as he quickly disarmed the singer.

Cooper said: 'A fraction of a second later Elvis did a flying kick on the gun, and sent it flying, before tripping me and pinning me to the ground by my neck, announcing, "That's how you stop a man with a gun."

As with most of Alice's stories, I take this with a grain of salt. How a man who was stone drunk for a decade can remember so much is amazing.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Yea I am with you Spec, I take most of stories with a grain of salt but he does know how to spin a good yarn.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:38 pm

I've heard enough stories of Elvis pulling out hand guns on unsuspecting folks and showing off his karate moves to make me think that story might not be too far off the mark. Maybe just embellished a bit from Alice's view. The King probably just wanted to show off in front of that long haired hippy. :geek:

Good story either way though.

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3