Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper

Go down 
+10
Addy
A Handful of Wayne
Selvmord
skullsmasher
Metal Misfit
Waylon
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
bgast1
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Alice Cooper - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:53 pm

new video

http://www.imeem.com/alicecooper/video/wrvzLiw2/alice_cooper_along_came_a_video_music_video/

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:42 am

Here's an Alice Cooper's Buying Guide from Classic Rock:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=alice_cooper_buyers_guide
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:18 am

I think classic rock's buying guide for Alice is almost on target but I love " Alice Cooper Goes to Hell', I think the worst Alice release is either " Lace and Whiskey" or "Pretties for You". "Lace and Whiskey" has a few good songs but some other tracks but the album seemed to lack direction like Alice is having a musical identity crisis. " Pretties for You" is a strange debut, but it has its own weird kind of charm but IMO 'Alice Cooper Goes to Hell' is a great album, and Alice and Dick Wagner along with producer Bob Ezrin were a great partnership.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Alice Cooper Buyers Guide

gbarton / Buyers Guides / 26/07/2008 05:00am

The witch-eyed inventor of glam, punk and shock rock who paved the way for every sleaze-rocker who’s slithered into view since.

ntor of glam, punk and shock rock who paved the way for every sleaze-rocker who’s slithered into view since.
Alice Cooper invented everything cool in rock’n’roll, from wearing tight pants to shitting in a cup on stage.
Alice started life as a preacher’s son from Detroit named Vincent Furnier, but a mythical meeting with ancient witch and a ouija board somewhere in the late 1960s changed things irrevocably. Alice Cooper became the band and the man, the two fused in an explosion of rock’n’roll outrage that has spanned four decades and lays claim to the accidental invention of glam and punk, and the intentional invention of shock rock – a free-form riot of excess that has, over the years, involved mind-scrambling acts of self-evisceration and infanticide (fake) and heart-stopping acts of chemical bravado and liquid insanity (real), all wrapped around razor-sharp slices of downtown glitter punk that spoke of cheerful subjects like sex with the dead and serial murder.
Alice was the first guy to daub his face in witchy make-up, his band the first to brazenly dress in women’s clothes. The Alice Cooper Band’s first fistful of albums laid the groundwork for every sleazy gang of gutter-level guitar slingers to come along since, from The Sex Pistols to Guns N’ Roses and beyond (Hello, Turbonegro), and Alice himself has managed to successfully make the leap from underground rock’n’roll freak show to mainstream pop-culture hero, embracing everything from hard-core horror movies to hard-core Christianity along the way.
Of course, even visionaries lose their way now and again. Somewhere along the way, Alice Cooper also had occasional desperate stabs at relevance. These blind thrusts almost sunk his career in the early 1980s, when he released an increasingly bizarre quartet of new wave albums – his skinny, God-fearing ass saved only when he reinvented himself as the flash-metal Alice in 1986. And although the glory daze of the 1970s are well behind him, Alice continues to shed his skin like some leathery, leper messiah and return to the rock’n’roll arena every few years.
Throughout his long and storied career there have been lean times, mean times, times of oddball D-list celebrity status (remember The Muppet Show?), and times when a man just wants to play golf and talk about Jesus. And through it all Alice Cooper has remained one of the most consistently entertaining and iconic figures in rock’n’roll. And that’s why we love him. To death.
– Sleazegrinder
ESSENTIAL: CLASSICS
Alice Cooper - Page 2 1%20killer
Killer
Warner Bros, 1972
For gut-level shock rock thrills, nothing before or since can match the raw death trip power of Killer. From the enclosed 1972 calendar of Alice twisting gorily from a rope, to the astonishingly bleak doom epic Halo Of Flies, to a mind-scrambling stab at gallows-black humour called Dead Babies, Killers is arguably the first and most vital punk rock album; a still-menacing slice of primo American ugly at the dawn of the feel-bad decade.
Killers also ends with the jarring, mean-spirited jab of a whining electric drill noise that can throw you into panic if you’re not prepared for it. So maybe Alice invented industrial music too. Somebody ask Throbbing Gristle.
Alice Cooper - Page 2 2%20love%20it
Love It To Death
Rhino, 1971
The Alice Cooper Band’s first post-garbage psychedelia album remains one of their most iconic, from the spider eyes gatefold and the slithery death-glam band pose on the cover, to the creepy voodoo zombie metal of Black Juju and the harrowing, timeless goth-glam dirge of The Ballad Of Dwight Frye (oh yeah, Alice invented goth, too).
The album also put them on the rock’n’roll map with I’m Eighteen (which was a fib even in ’71) and established the snaky, perverse and surprisingly accomplished hard rock sound that would send the band into arenas around the world for the next half-decade.
Inarguably classic downer rock, despite a couple of final stabs at hippy-trippy psyche.
SUPERIOR: THE ONES THAT HELPED CEMENT THEIR REPUTATION
Alice Cooper - Page 2 3%20billion
Billion Dollar Babies
Warner Bros, 1973
Hit single No More Mister Nice Guy, a relatively straight (by Alice standards) FM rock nugget, propelled Billion Dollar Babies into the charts and turned these slimy Detroit cobras into the least likely rock superstars of 1973.
They responded to the accolades and attention with an endless tour filled with drugs, booze, blood, snakes, backstage in-fighting, and enough money for a lifetime’s worth of trouble. Meanwhile, the album, while more polished than previous records, spewed up plenty of pop-infused crunchers like Elected and the classic Generation Landslide, as well as Sick Things, one of the most alarmingly weird rock’n’roll songs ever written.
Alice Cooper - Page 2 4%20school's
School’s Out
Warner Bros, 1972
A sort of drug-addled, dirtbag reworking of West Side Story, School’s Out is a trippy teenage rampage that mood-swings wildly from the grubby hard rock of the timeless bratty title track, to the head-stomping Public Animal #9 (surely the genesis of every self-destructo punk-pose, from Sid Vicious to GG Allin) and the slinky Luney Tune, to the acid-head, high-school-production-gone-wrong Broadway schmaltz that rounds off the album.
It’s completely schizophrenic and, frankly, half-baked, yet it retains a sense of timeless killer cool that transcends the gloppy jazz-hands ox manour between the rock’n’roll parts. After all, when you’re a Jet you’re a Jet all the way.
Alice Cooper - Page 2 5%20eyes
The Eyes Of Alice Cooper
Spitfire, 2003
Following years in the artistic wilderness desperately striving for a niche, sometimes successfully (the post-GN’R anthems of Trash), sometimes not so (the bludgeoning nu metal of Brutal Planet), Alice enjoyed a stunning returning to form by playing to his strengths by going back to his roots.
Inspired by The White Stripes and Strokes-led vogue for garage band simplicity, Alice stripped back to the raw intensity of his halcyon days. Stand-outs include the swaggering angst of What Do You Want From Me? and the rocket-fuelled fire-fight of Detroit City (featuring fellow Motor City veteran, incendiary MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer).
Alice Cooper - Page 2 6%20welcome
Welcome To My Nightmare
1975, Rhino
In which Vince Furnier fires his entire band, dons a top hat and a tarantula, gives Vincent Price a call and puts on the grooviest, creepiest, most absurd song-and-dance show of his or anyone else’s career.
This album is the dividing line between Alice’s hard-core shock rock phase and the playful theatricality and genre-hopping experimentation he toyed with for the next 10 years. And the gamble pays off brilliantly in this insane concept record about a broken-brained boy and the monsters in his head.
Welcome To My Nightmare is far from Alice’s most rock album, but still a wonderfully loony piece of 70s excessive mock’n’roll musical theatre.
GOOD: WORTH EXPLORING
Alice Cooper - Page 2 7%20inside
From The Inside
Warner Bros, 1978
After a dozen years of endless touring, whoring and liver abuse, an exhausted and hopelessly alcoholic Alice Cooper checked into a mental health rehabilitation centre. He emerged a month later with a new lease on life, and a batch of songs about the ordeal which he then crafted into this uniquely cinematic concept album.
Co-written with Elton John’s brilliant lyricist Bernie Taupin, From The Inside is full of gleefully shlocky power ballads and overwrought pop metal zingers about evil nurses and thrill-killing inmates. It’s hardly as autobiographical as Alice claimed, but it’s still charming, and the songs are great. (The Marvel comic book adaptation is a howl).
Alice Cooper - Page 2 8%20stoopid
Hey Stoopid
1991, Sony
This fourth album into Alice’s resurrection as elder god of glam metal finds him finally fitting into the leather pants and pointy boots without looking like somebody’s dad crashing the prom.
Aided by the sleaze metal of Feed My Frankenstein (written by Zodiac Mindwarp), and the pyrotechnics of flashy guitar wizard Joe Satriani on five tracks, Hey Stoopid is gloriously loud, dumb and relentless, full of fist-pumping arena rock anthems that neatly suture Alice’s glitter rock leanings with the over-the-top screech metal of the day.
A near classic, marred slightly by the expected puff-ball power ballads and the preaching anti-drug stance of the title song.
Alice Cooper - Page 2 9%20special
Special Forces
Warner Bros, 1981
The best of Alice Cooper’s early-80s oddball new wave records, Special Forces finds him reinventing himself as a paramilitary drag queen, singing cinematic odes to merry cops (Prettiest Cop On The Block) and merry dictators (You’re A Movie), and then macho-ing up with pneumatic, gritty power-pop gems like You Look Good In Rags and the hilariously cheesy Don’t Talk Old To Me. Also on tap is a live-without-a-net take on Generation Landslide and a creepy-cool rendition of Love’s fuzzrock classic Seven And Seven Is.
Special Forces went under the radar, virtually unheard by most of the world, but it was huge in France. Don’t hold that against it, though.
AVOID
Alice Cooper - Page 2 10%20hell
Alice Cooper Goes To Hell
Warner Bros, 1976
Pointing the finger at Alice Cooper’s worst album is no easy task. Chalk it up to the length of time he’s been around, but the man has dropped some amazingly putrid bombs in his 40 years of rock’n’roll, from the Beatles-esque hippy nightmares of Pretties For You (1969) to the clanging, dumbed-down hairspray rock of Trash (1989).
I have, of course, learned to love them all over time, despite the pain they have caused me. All, that is, except for one: Goes To Hell is the nadir of 70s AOR rock, a bloated mess of over-theatrical radio-goo, cheesy ballads and disco. That’s right, disco.
The only thing Alice got right about this album was the title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Malcolm Dome is a putz. Goes To Hell is a great Cooper record.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Malcolm Dome is a putz. Goes To Hell is a great Cooper record.

Agreed, the worst Alice Cooper album maybe "Lace and Whiskey" or "Trash", and even on those albums contain some Cooper classics, I would include " Pretties for you" but I actually like that album because it is so undisciplined.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 am

According to a posting on the SickThingsUK web site, further to the news that ALICE COOPER will be appearing at the twelfth semi-annual Philadelphia-area horror film and memorabilia convention Monster-Mania Con 12, which is scheduled to take palce between March 13 and March 15 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, it has been confirmed that original ALICE COOPER band members Michael Bruce (guitar), Dennis Dunaway (bass) and Neal Smith (drums) will also be in attendence. It is not presently clear if there are any plans for all of them to perform together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:38 am

Quote :
According to a posting on the SickThingsUK web site, further to the news that ALICE COOPER will be appearing at the twelfth semi-annual Philadelphia-area horror film and memorabilia convention Monster-Mania Con 12,
which is scheduled to take palce between March 13 and March 15 at the
Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, it has been confirmed
that original ALICE COOPER band members Michael Bruce (guitar), Dennis Dunaway (bass) and Neal Smith (drums) will also be in attendence. It is not presently clear if there are any plans for all of them to perform together.

manny, let your wife know now. You and I are going to NJ in March! lol!

Actually, I'll be surprised if this happens. But it's a helluva way to sell tickets.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:49 am

The only Alice Cooper CD I got is The Last Temptation
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:44 pm

While not a huge Alice Cooper fan, I'd rank my Cooper discs:

Dragontown
Brutal Planet
The Eyes Of Alice Cooper
Along Came A Spider
The Last Temptation
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Addy wrote:
The only Alice Cooper CD I got is The Last Temptation

I have it on cassette somewhere and never upgraded. I should though, it's really good.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:45 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
According to a posting on the SickThingsUK web site, further to the news that ALICE COOPER will be appearing at the twelfth semi-annual Philadelphia-area horror film and memorabilia convention Monster-Mania Con 12,
that original ALICE COOPER band members Michael Bruce (guitar), Dennis Dunaway (bass) and Neal Smith (drums) will also be in attendence. It is not presently clear if there are any plans for all of them to perform together.

Actually, I'll be surprised if this happens. But it's a helluva way to sell tickets.

I wish the original line up would do one last tour and album, especially seeing this year marks the bands' 40th anniversity of their debut albums release.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:26 am

Alice Cooper turns 61 today. Happy Birthday Alice and bring 'Along Came Spider' Tour to Tampa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:55 am

I'm positive the Alice fans on the board are aware of this, but The 'Coop
had a shot at his first hit song in a long time back in 1982 with the
theme of the movie "Class of 1984". The song's success probably hinged
on the movie's success. Neither fared well, which is illustrated by the movie's only mention in over a decade being one from a fat balding man on a music message board. Here's the movie trailer
just for ghits and siggles.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6211747456930993280&ei=PORlSuuDAYqerwKCvZG9DA&q=class+of+1984+movie&hl=en
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 pm

I remember that movie! Laughing very hard

Quote :

Dragontown
Brutal Planet
The Eyes Of Alice Cooper
Along Came A Spider
The Last Temptation

You know, it's interesting...when I think of Alice Cooper the albums that come to mind are Killer, Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome To My Nightmare, Love It To Death, Muscle Of Love, etc.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:35 pm

manny wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

I wish the original line up would do one last tour and album, especially seeing this year marks the bands' 40th anniversity of their debut albums release.

I was there, they were all really cool and I got to talk to Dennis extensively, but Alice barely even looked at the other guys, and said maybe one sentence to Neal Smith the whole time I was there.

Also, Michael, Dennis and Neal did play a set of classics, but Alice stated before he even got there that he wouldnt perform.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 am

detuned wrote:
I remember that movie! Laughing very hard

Quote :

Dragontown
Brutal Planet
The Eyes Of Alice Cooper
Along Came A Spider
The Last Temptation

You know, it's interesting...when I think of Alice Cooper the albums that come to mind are Killer, Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome To My Nightmare, Love It To Death, Muscle Of Love, etc.

Well, I do have Welcome To My Nightmare now and it's an awesome album. I will get others in the future but right now their just not a high priority. Gotta remember I've only been a hard rock/metal fan since the early 90s.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:42 pm

It's okay db, I'm an old fart, that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it! Alice Cooper - Page 2 251456
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:02 pm

In what seems to be a growing trend for classic artists in order to get a bigger piece of the licensing pie, Alice has re-recorded some of his more well-known songs.

Alice Does Alice is a 5 song EP that features re-recordings of School's Out, I'm Eighteen, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Welcome To My Nightmare and Elected. Available for download from www.alicecooper.com for $4.99 and Elected can be downloaded for free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
In what seems to be a growing trend for classic artists in order to get a bigger piece of the licensing pie, Alice has re-recorded some of his more well-known songs.

Alice Does Alice is a 5 song EP that features re-recordings of School's Out, I'm Eighteen, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Welcome To My Nightmare and Elected. Available for download from www.alicecooper.com for $4.99 and Elected can be downloaded for free.

Downloaded! Thank you sir.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Seems un-necessary to me, but good for him. I'm sure his American Idol appearance the other night will help shift a coupla more downloads. If it's turned a few kids on to Alice and his music, that's cool.

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:39 pm

After listening to it, I think it was necessary. These are great versions of these songs. The band didn't miss anything from the originals. What a pleasant surprise!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Spec wrote:
After listening to it, I think it was necessary. These are great versions of these songs. The band didn't miss anything from the originals. What a pleasant surprise!

I'm confused by that statement. Do they sound different from the originals, composition-wise, or are they just better sounding with updated production values?

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:06 pm

The only thing that really reveals these are re-recordings is the tuning is lower. But all the little nuances with the songs were recreated. They really took their time and did this right, unlike KISS.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:39 pm

I will check it out when I get home, but re-recording your classic songs is a trend I am not too fond of, I am glad AC/DC are not going to re-record their Bon Scott classics with Brian Johnson for example.

Alice is a class act and I am sure they will sound excellent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next