Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll

Go down 
+8
sovdat
Fat Freddy
AchrisK
kmorg
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
pricekillers001
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pricekillers001
Metal novice
Metal novice
pricekillers001

Number of posts : 46

Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Empty
PostSubject: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 2:48 am

Original vs Bootleg

Matrix Number :
Original APCY-8036
Bootleg USDM 4600

Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Dscn9247eb1

Left : Original, Right : Bootleg

Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Dscn9248kq7

Left : Original, Right : Bootleg

Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Dscn9250kb9

Original

Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Dscn9251xi2

Bootleg
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 8:57 am

Wow, those are damn near identical, with only some minor variations. Bootleggers are getting a bit too good at the copies....

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 10:20 am

I wouldn't mind having either one. Smile

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:22 pm

I tried to get into it but I didn't enjoy it much.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:44 pm

god schtuff

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:56 pm

Bootlegs are not the worst thing, for CDs long out of print and impossible to find, but if people sell them as originals and other people pay high prices, then that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I wouldn't mind having either one. Smile

Just a tip, if you wanna hear Apocrypha's tunes without having to pay big $ on eBay (and risk getting a bootleg) you can go to Tony Fredianelli's web site ( http://www.tonyfredianelli.com/media/audio.htm ), he was the band's guitar player and he has MP3s of all the songs from all three Apocrypha albums available for free download on his site! 🤘
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 2:01 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250155076672&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=015

Got outbid for 1 stinking cent!!! The sadder part of the story is that I actually put a would-have-been-a-winning-bid 1 minute before the end, but it didn't get to ebay due to extremely slow connection (which is pretty fast on other occasions ...) Will have to get me some other rarity now, just to kill the pain haha Smile

The same seller sold Acid Reign - The Fear Jap. for $182.5 !!!! Insane! And he still has some for sale - Jap. version of second Onslaught for $140+ Smile

Sideshow: Congrats on Airdash and stuff ! Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 2:09 pm

sovdat wrote:
Sideshow: Congrats on Airdash and stuff ! Smile

Thanks. I was SURE I was going to get outbid on it, but surprisingly that wasn't the case. Now I'm waiting on that Sacrifice auction to finish (fingers crossed, knocking on wood, etc etc).lol!

Now if that guy at X-Records distro will ever email me back on the order I placed 2 days ago.....

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 2:45 pm

Someone should grab that Youthquake. Good price for a htf cd. Awesome band!!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 3:01 pm

I thought about that Youthquake CD, but the other 4 I've bid on (won 3 of them so far) were ones I wanted more (and have been wanting for a long time now).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:25 pm

Hmm, I got 0 / 5.

Powermad - Absolute Power $24.1 (my max $20) (I actually got that CD at Wacken metal market but I lost it!!!!!!!!! Sad )

LWS INC - Welcome to the Asylum $84.99 ($60)

Forbidden - Twisted into Form on UOF $34.99 ($23) (I guess this is the only missing version of TIF CD in my collection, together with the third Century Media rerelease version)

Forbidden - Forbidden Evil UOF $24.01 ($23.51)

Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll $43.01 ($43)

blah.

What's that Youthquake like? Typical Japanese sounding thrash??
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 4:57 pm

I won all 5 of the ones I bid on.

Man, I got the UOF version of Twisted Into Form for HALF that amount from kreator72 on eBay!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:06 pm

Which was the fifth one? Smile

Yeah, the auctions went insane in some cases ... I got an US Combat version for $20 ... and Canadian Combat from UncleSaxon for Sarcasm CD I think Smile

Heresy for $51?? The Japanese version is probably more rare than the regular?

And that Acid Reign, it went for $60 some time ago - but the guy who won it had three highest bids, so he'd probably spend $200+ on it :o
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 5:27 pm

sovdat wrote:

Original press of Overkill - F**k You! That was the last Overkill album I needed (minus singles and live albums).

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 7:49 pm

People dig the Jap imports because they are sonically superior and,
especially in the metal market, contain bonus tracks (metal bands like
giving the Japanese fans something extra because of how expensive cds
are over there and as a thank you for thier obsessive loyalty). I
will take a Jap version over a domestic 100 times out of 100. But
that is just me.
Back to top Go down
pricekillers001
Metal novice
Metal novice
pricekillers001

PostSubject: ....   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:12 pm

sovdat wrote:

Yeah, the auctions went insane in some cases ... I got an US Combat version for $20 ... and Canadian Combat from UncleSaxon for Sarcasm CD I think Smile

Heresy for $51?? The Japanese version is probably more rare than the regular?

And that Acid Reign, it went for $60 some time ago - but the guy who won it had three highest bids, so he'd probably spend $200+ on it :o

🤘

frankly speaking, i guessed many guys already know the seller is also me.

but i am a little surprised at that only two person asked me "are you pricekillers001?" Laughing

the seller account was for my bootleg CD sale. Ahhh, no. i don't mean such bootleg CDs some greek sellers are selling. i means bootleg live CDs of Metallica, Iron Maiden etc. last month finally the account was blocked for 2 weeks because of metallica / rush bootleg cds. but i thought my main account is safe. but i was wrong. as soon as i listed some items using my main account, ebay also blocked the account. Shocked

so eventually i could not sell my bootleg live CDs any more (at least for some times) using pricekillers001 and the second account. but i like the song "Break the Law". Laughing i am considering how i sell my bootleg live cds not effecting on my main account.

in fact, bootleg live sale was/is very important part with me for last 1-2 years. some of you used to say i made big sale. but it is not true. i used to list over 200 items one time. but the big sale items you remember are just 3-5 items out of over 200 items. i lost some money for some items. but i don't care. with BOOTLEG CD SALE, i could continue to list my items with low starting price even though sometimes i lost money. you know most(or all) of person who buy such bootleg cds are collector, and most collector are insane. Laughing

by the way, the winner of my ACID REIGN JAPAN CD paid it promptly before i send the invoice to him. i would give him free shipping if he waited for the invoice. but he paid shipping, and moreover $1 more for tip. 🤘
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:38 pm

I didn't know that selling live bootlegs wasn't allowed??? The "I don't know if it is a first press or repress" seller should be banned instead Smile

Hey pricekillers001, just out of curiosity, if you're willing to share with us, what were some highest prices you got for a single CD on ebay? (I don't mean live bootlegs or so, just the ordinary stuff?)
Back to top Go down
pricekillers001
Metal novice
Metal novice
pricekillers001

PostSubject: ....   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:54 pm

sovdat wrote:
I didn't know that selling live bootlegs wasn't allowed??? The "I don't know if it is a first press or repress" seller should be banned instead :)

actually ebay is NOT interested in such bootleg items. their only interest is insert fee and final value fee. that's all.

problem is the copyright owner.

with the second seller account, i sold many bootleg CDs for over a half year without any problem. but warner music, the copyright owner of metallica and rush CDs, reported my items to ebay. in that case, ebay has to follow their request. so ebay deleted my metallica / rush cds. and ebay (or warner music) took a look my sale history. "oh, this bootlegger also sold same copy of the metallica / rush CD before" so as i sold same copy of the bootleg CD before, my account was blocked. i guess ebay keep past 3 months sale history. if i am correct, i have to sell any bootleg cd only one time for 3 months not to prevent the account be blocked. but it is just guess.

by the way, such greek bootleg sellers are safe because the copyright owners of them are out of business. even if so many guys report the bootleg to ebay, ebay is not interested in such reports as long as the greek seller pay ebay fee.
Back to top Go down
pricekillers001
Metal novice
Metal novice
pricekillers001

PostSubject: ....   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:06 am

sovdat wrote:
.Hey pricekillers001, just out of curiosity, if you're willing to share with us, what were some highest prices you got for a single CD on ebay? (I don't mean live bootlegs or so, just the ordinary stuff?)

it is some interesting question. the highest price i got for a single CD (except for multiple items sale / Box etc) is about $530.

i want to tell you again, collector is insane. :lol:

i sold the item to a french guy 5-6 months ago through my second seller account. he paid $530 promptly before i send invoice to him. (wooooooo, most collectors are rich as well as insane) yes, sadly i could not give him free shipping.

that was METALLICA - RIDE THE LIGHTNING "Japan Promo" CD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:26 am

Metallica and Rolling Stones collectors are the cream of the insane bidding crop!

Btw, PK, I have purchased more cds from you than from any other seller
on ebay. You are one of the best and many posters on this board
will agree.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:33 am

I started a thread on this band on the old board, picked up all three of their lp's at Amazon and ebay, I love 'em! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:22 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Metallica and Rolling Stones collectors are the cream of the insane bidding crop!

Btw, PK, I have purchased more cds from you than from any other seller
on ebay. You are one of the best and many posters on this board
will agree.

Yup yup! I have scored more rare thrash CDs from you, PK, than anyone. Most of them were at amazing prices as well!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 10:45 am

I scored only 5 from PK, but I totally agree with you!!

Anyway .. check out this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Apocrypha-The-Forgotten-Scroll-CD-1987-RARE-w-OBI_W0QQitemZ120152761966QQihZ002QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:52 pm

Wow, that's pricey! Good seller, though. I've bought from him before, and he's a nice, honest guy. He even refunded my money when an album I bought from him got lost in the mail! Most sellers don't typically do that.

PostSubject: Re: Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll   Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocrypha - The Forgotten Scroll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next