Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth to Prepare

Go down 
+12
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
Tall Tyrion
Orion Crystal Ice
mc666
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
akeldama
ThrashedOutCobra33
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:27 pm

YES! Awesome news. I love that Dave isn't content to just do an album every 3 or 5 years and keeps getting it done in the studio. Some of these veteran acts have really started to crank'em out like it was the old days! Megadeth is my 2nd favorite band, so I anxiously await anything Dave releases.

Temple of Blood wrote:
This seems like a pretty quick follow-up. I hope they take the time to get this right because I was disappointed by UA and thought it was a big step down from TSHF. Even though it was heavier, the songwriting was worse and the soloing was less inspired IMHO.

I do have to agree with this. At first, I though UA to be decent, but as I listened to it more, I liked it more. But it's not on par with TSHF (which I believe to be one of their best). A bit too much filler on UA, but I still think it was good enough to be one of 2007's best.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I was expecting something like...

"Megadeth to Prepare Their Favorite Steak Recipes on Rachael Ray's Show"

Laughing very hard Mmmm. Rachel Ray. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:11 am

the sentinel wrote:

Laughing very hard Mmmm. Rachel Ray. Very Happy

Rachel Ray? Me likey.

butt dance
dancingthing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:44 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Guaranteed within the next decade Mustaine and Lars do something musically together.

Yep. Right around May 21st, 2011, just in time for the rapture. lol!

A collaboration between Dave and Lars would probably bring about the end of the world!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:51 pm

'deth has been kicking Metallica in the nads the last couple albums so there's no way he and Lars get together. And it's cool Broderick will be on the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I do have to agree with this. At first, I though UA to be decent, but as I listened to it more, I liked it more. But it's not on par with TSHF (which I believe to be one of their best). A bit too much filler on UA, but I still think it was good enough to be one of 2007's best.

I thought UA was a GIANT improvement from TSHF, which is now my least favorite Deth album, even before Risk.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 am

Schbopo wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I thought UA was a GIANT improvement from TSHF, which is now my least favorite Deth album, even before Risk.

You're probably more of a fan of early 'deth, right? I like'em Countdown and beyond and think RIP and previous isn't anything too special.

THSF merged their 90s sound with a bit of the 80s and UA went even more old school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:19 am

You can also add me to the "nothing after Rust In Peace" camp.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:48 am

I'm always ready for a new Megadeth album. They never disappointed me - no bad Megadeth album at all. And in my opinion UA is great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

You're probably more of a fan of early 'deth, right? I like'em Countdown and beyond and think RIP and previous isn't anything too special.

I agree, RIP is way over-hyped, and Countdown is my favorite Deth album, followed closely by So far so good so what. So yeah, I like the early stuff, but I like the later stuff like Risk and Cryptic also. Don't get me wrong, System had some excellent songs(Blackmail the universe, The scorpion, Kick the chair) but I just can't say I like the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:13 pm

ghost wrote:
I'm always ready for a new Megadeth album. They never disappointed me - no bad Megadeth album at all. And in my opinion UA is great.

That's how I feel. Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 506406
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:19 am

MetalH wrote:
ghost wrote:

That's how I feel. Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 506406

Put me in this catagory.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:07 am

well, i can't wait for the new megadave myself. I loved UA
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:47 am

i will run out to buy it release day me thinks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth to Prepare   Megadeth to Prepare - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth to Prepare
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: