Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock on Tohonator!

Go down 
+16
Shiney
SAHB Healer
XYZ
DallasBlack
kmorg
thejokeriv
skullsmasher
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
Smindas
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
mc666
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Laughing very hard

That's the weird part. I only had Windows Defender for protection because I don't engage in "high risk behavior" so I figured I didn't need anything else. I never download anything and I don't visit shady web sites (other than this one). Must have picked it up from an email attachment someone sent me.
Dude, spyware, malware, all that stuff is everywhere. Our network at work is a disgrace to network security. It sucks. I can bring a personal laptop in, plug my LAN cable into it, and go anywhere I want on the net. HELLO?!?! Haha. Terrible security.

Because of this, I get viruses all the time here. And from everywhere, Yahoo!, Blabbermouth (they're horrible!), forums, you name it. It's all the advertisements that embed this crap on your PCs. It's like a chain reaction; you get a little spyware/malware file on your PC (and they're rather harmless) and it exploits a certain port or setting on your PC. Then the more malicious programs like trojan horses and such are out there actively seeking out those exploits that spyware/malware uses. That's when bad things happen.

One company might be monitoring your surfing practices, but are generally harmless, but they perpetuate the larger, more devious people/companies out there. Windows Defender is not good enough.

On my PC at home I have the following:

Ad-Aware (full version)
AVG (full version)
Spybot
Hijack This!

The free versions of Ad-Aware and AVG are good, but pay the $50 and you'll be set. Windows Defender sucks, by the way. Especially their e-mail scanner, always slowing everything down. Spybot is free and is great, as is Hijack This! Only with Hijack This! you need to know what you're deleting, else you can really screw stuff up because it picks up registry entries. There are some registry files that'll put an end to your PC if you just change one little character in its settings.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 pm

The person who's working on it said she was going to install those first 3 you mentioned.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:17 pm

I echo what Eyesore says on the Ad-Aware Toho.I use that along with Spybot plus a Norton virus scan and it works great.The Ad-Aware is great for removing most of the malware and spyware.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:13 pm

Bummer on the Trojan Horse, I've had those often in the past and they are a pain in the arse. The only good thing about Vista is that I have yet to have any problems that plagued me in the past. I don't even have Norton anymore. Oh, by the way...

.............Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 HappyBirthday
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Happy birthday man birthday
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Thanks everyone. This bday is pretty innocuous. But in a couple more years...oh man, I'm dreading that one!

I've got 34 days left til "that one"! Enjoy your birthday before it's too late!

How as the new Black Stone Cherry by the way? I liked their previous one.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Funny-picture-Godzilla-cat-picture-Gen-Kanai_current_news

I'm always late...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER....

So here is a pic of two of your favorite things

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The person who's working on it said she was going to install those first 3 you mentioned.
And make sure you use them. I've done what this girl is going to do for some friends of mine. Then months later they tell me I suck because their PC is slow again. And I'm talking serious anger. I go over again, open Ad-Aware, and it says something like YOU HAVEN'T USED AD-AWARE IN 937 DAYS. CHECK FOR UPDATES?

Jackasses! angry
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:56 pm

birthday
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:40 pm

Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 am

Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 The_angels_doc_neeson_300x400

I think what Doc's trying to say is......Happy Birthday Toho!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:41 am

Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Delicious_cake_cat

Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Dienow

lol! birthday

Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Normal_frosty0717

Haaaaaapy birrrrthdaaay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 pm

Have a good one man. Boy, turning 40 was tough for me hope you survive the next couple years to be my example of how to be 50.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 am

Shiney wrote:
Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Funny-picture-Godzilla-cat-picture-Gen-Kanai_current_news

I'm always late...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER....

So here is a pic of two of your favorite things

lol! My new wallpaper!

PostSubject: Re: Rock on Tohonator!   Rock on Tohonator! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock on Tohonator!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2