Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Korn

Go down 
+4
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
8 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:03 am

Korn seems to provoke strong feelings from this board, not alot of love shown for their brand of metal, I happen to like Korn not huge fan but I feel that their first two albums paved the way for nu-metal, I genre I didn't always care for, but I felt at the time Korn debuted they were unique and nobody sounded like them. Their self titled album and " Life is Peacy" were two of darkest albums to go platinum, before their material (at times) started vering towards self parody.
Back to top Go down

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:04 am

I don't digest them them well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:21 am

Korn - me no like.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:23 am

Korn are like that drunken uncle that you thought was OK when he came over when you were a kid, but as you got older you realized that he just likes to come over to steal your parents loose change and sh!t up your bathroom. Yeah, Korn is like that to me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:31 am

spectrefate wrote:
Korn are like that drunken uncle that you thought was OK when he came over when you were a kid, but as you got older you realized that he just likes to come over to steal your parents loose change and sh!t up your bathroom. Yeah, Korn is like that to me.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:50 pm

I tried to like them. Still have "Life is Peachy" somewhere. About once a year or so I'll dig it out, give it another listen and try to understand what all the hype is about. I just don't get into them at all.

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:56 pm

manny wrote:
Korn seems to provoke strong feelings from this board, not alot of love shown for their brand of metal, I happen to like Korn not huge fan but I feel that their first two albums paved the way for nu-metal, I genre I didn't always care for, but I felt at the time Korn debuted they were unique and nobody sounded like them. Their self titled album and " Life is Peacy" were two of darkest albums to go platinum, before their material (at times) started vering towards self parody.
Rarely do I say something really negative about a band or album, but Life Is Peachy is a pile of crap. Two, maybe three, okay songs, and then a bunch of poo.

I loved the debut. Not to go all syrus on you, but I picked that disc up for $2 in 1994 when it came out. It was just another used bin gem for me, like Pushmoney's debut or Ice Cold July's. But then two years later it blew up...somehow. No idea what the catalyst was, but since the debut was an older album, someone wanted to band to put out something new...quick! Life Is Peachy is the result, and it sucks.

After that they were hit or miss. Still are. But I will say that Issues is a brilliant album. They tried something a little different and it worked well, but after that is when they started going downhill. Now, like a lot of bands, they're working with songwriting teams--you know, those same turds that write songs for Britney Spears. Imagine a metal band, even a nu-metal band, working with dance pop songwriters? Terrible.
Back to top Go down

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I tried to like them. Still have "Life is Peachy" somewhere. About once a year or so I'll dig it out, give it another listen and try to understand what all the hype is about. I just don't get into them at all.
Toss it. Buy Issues.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:11 pm

1 or 2 songs i like. not much more.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:
Rarely do I say something really negative about a band or album, but Life Is Peachy is a pile of crap. Two, maybe three, okay songs, and then a bunch of poo.

I loved the debut. Not to go all syrus on you, but I picked that disc up for $2 in 1994 when it came out. It was just another used bin gem for me, like Pushmoney's debut or Ice Cold July's. But then two years later it blew up...somehow. No idea what the catalyst was, but since the debut was an older album, someone wanted to band to put out something new...quick! Life Is Peachy is the result, and it sucks.

After that they were hit or miss. Still are. But I will say that Issues is a brilliant album. They tried something a little different and it worked well, but after that is when they started going downhill. Now, like a lot of bands, they're working with songwriting teams--you know, those same turds that write songs for Britney Spears. Imagine a metal band, even a nu-metal band, working with dance pop songwriters? Terrible.

I disagree with you 100%, " Life is Peacy" is a great album. I will concede that after "Issues" their albums have gone down in quality, but "Life is Peacy" continues with songs such as " No Place to Hide'' and "Twist' that continue to explore the sound they pioneered on the first album and also it shows a dark sense of humor in songs such as " A.D.I.D.A.S" and their cover of "Lowrider".
Back to top Go down

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:29 pm

To me, the album sounds uninspired and thrown-together.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
To me, the album sounds uninspired and thrown-together.

Respect your opinion, I disagree with it, but I do respect it, especially since you gave props to "Issues" the last great Korn album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:13 pm

Don't like 'em
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:20 pm

I don't mind them, I prefer them live more than recorded. This seems to be the case with most bands like this with me. At the shows you can feed off the vibe of the band and the crowd but sitting in a closed up car with them blasting away is more annoying than not.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:39 pm

S/t, Issues, Untouchables, and Take a look in the mirror are all good cds imo.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:48 pm

My most hated band as far as the metal genres are concerned.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My most hated band as far as the metal genres are concerned.

Really? I was kind of surprised by both yours and eyesore response since the both of you have a wide spectrum of heavy metal and just music in general that you both enjoy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Part of it is because they totally ruined a KMFDM concert I saw. They gave me such a headache that I only made it halfway through KMFDM's set before I had to leave. They had the bass so freakin' loud that you couldn't hear anything else.

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Only have Follow the leader and Life is Peachy, and I thought they were darn good for nu-metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Korn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korn   Korn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Korn
Page 1 of 1