Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thrash metal KoRn

Go down 
+7
Shiney
Troublezone
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Chairman_Smith
fingers
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:14 am

believe it or not KoRn used to be a thrash metal band and also had a different name LAPD who were around from 1988 to 1992 and released a few EPs and they had a different singer Richard Morales who sounded more like Tom Araya. He got kicked outta the band for heroin abuse in 1992 a year b4 they changed their name to KoRn. heres a video
of LAPD taken around 1990-91. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byfEFAzl2Cw
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:20 am

Very interesting video!
Back to top Go down

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:57 am

Cool, but a little too funky for my taste. What a Face
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:26 pm

I heard the LAPD stuff before. It was ok.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Sacrifice wrote:

Sound more Red Hot Chilli Peppers than thrash to me. Aside from the lead singer, are the rest of the guys in that video all members of Korn or just the bass player? It's kinda hard to see them.
Back to top Go down

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sacrifice wrote:

Sound
more Red Hot Chilli Peppers than thrash to me. Aside from the lead
singer, are the rest of the guys in that video all members of Korn or
just the bass player? It's kinda hard to see them.

Yep, that's all of 'em!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Wow! Thats just as horrible as their other stuff! This is not thrash either!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:27 pm

How is it thrash? It's closer to alt-metal like Faith no More.
Back to top Go down

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 8:31 pm

Horrible.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 8:38 pm

What universe was that pap ever consdered thrash?!?!?

Z grade ultra shoddy RHCP worship....at best...

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Nor is it Korn.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Amazing to think the band/members were the same genre smashing band that turned metal on its head a short 4 years later.

Everyone has humble beginnings i guess.
Back to top Go down

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Amazing to think the band/members were the same genre smashing band that turned metal on its head a short 4 years later.

On Slipknot's debut there's a few tracks that are just like... surprised Haha. I mean, one track seriously is like a funk metal song, like RHCP. Slipknot! But these are the things that people did in their garages in the 70s and 80s, that 50 people saw and heard on video or cassette. Technology just renders this stuff too available to the masses. Haha. This is stuff that shouldn't be heard.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

On Slipknot's debut there's a few tracks that are just like... surprised Haha. I mean, one track seriously is like a funk metal song, like RHCP. Slipknot! But these are the things that people did in their garages in the 70s and 80s, that 50 people saw and heard on video or cassette. Technology just renders this stuff too available to the masses. Haha. This is stuff that shouldn't be heard.

I still think its interesting to know and see were bands came from when they were younger. Sort of makes them mortal/like us in a way.

You seen those corny videos of King's X in like 1983 when they were known as Sneak Preview. Kind of makes them seem human Laughing . Although it still smacks of brilliance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCQHFmkbwhI

Last edited by on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:26 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I so agree with you. This was a pile of sick
Back to top Go down

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:44 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

I still think its interesting to know and see were bands came from when they were younger. Sort of makes them mortal/like us in a way.

You seen those corny videos of King's X in like 1983 when they were known as Sneak Preview. Kind of makes them seem human Laughing . Although it still smacks of brilliance.

Well, true. It's interesting. But unfortunately a lot of people—far too many—out there don't get that they're watching a work-in-progress. It becomes fuel to justify hatred toward said band far too often. I'd hate for someone to judge my musical output on something I did as a kid. Haha.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Well, true. It's interesting. But unfortunately a lot of people—far too many—out there don't get that they're watching a work-in-progress. It becomes fuel to justify hatred toward said band far too often. I'd hate for someone to judge my musical output on something I did as a kid. Haha.

I think that's the way most people see it as, kinda like embarassing high school photos Laughing.

Screw the haters their always going to be negative about certain 'modern' bands, i'm not a fan of Korn but i can at least see the huge impact/influence they had on music. And seeing that early footage of them amazed me how they can go from such a poor derivative funk metal band to one of the most unique/original bands of the last 15 years.

What did you think of the King's X video?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:43 am

I don't really like Korn, but I do respect them because they do love what they do.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:22 am

I don't respect them....can't even spell "corn" right. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:12 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I don't respect them....can't even spell "corn" right. Very Happy

Megadeth can't spell Death right Suspect
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:23 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:26 pm

sick fainting sick
Back to top Go down

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:33 pm

I would have loved to be a fly of the wall during that brainstorming session when they left the band meeting convinced that "KoRn" was a great band name.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:16 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I would have loved to be a fly of the wall during that brainstorming session when they left the band meeting convinced that "KoRn" was a great band name.

I guess they felt all the great band names were taken like Loudness, Agent Steel and the pinnacle of all band names Nasty Savage Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:20 pm

That was rich. Next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

thrash metal KoRn Empty
PostSubject: Re: thrash metal KoRn   thrash metal KoRn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thrash metal KoRn
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next