Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform

Go down 
+5
GrandNational
thejokeriv
manny
MetalGuy71
akeldama
9 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Empty
PostSubject: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:17 pm

A rock band will have to face the music after blocking a Los Angeles freeway and performing atop its trailer. California Highway Patrol spokesman Rick Quintero said a big box van decorated with Imperial Stars' logo stopped on the southbound U.S. 101 near Sunset Boulevard at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, blocking four of the five lanes.

The driver took the keys and fled in another car, then three musicians climbed on top of the van and began to perform.

Quintero said they were arrested and the truck was finally towed away around noon after causing a mile-long traffic jam.

Quintero said the musicians could face charges of obstructing traffic.

The group, whose credits include "Traffic Jam 101," said on its website it is dedicated to helping homeless children.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Doing that on an LA freeway? Lucky they didn't get shot.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Temple of Blood will do anything to get his band noticed
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Calling them a "rock band" is being generous. Some of the YouTube comments are pretty funny though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:18 pm

manny wrote:

Laughing very hard

Manny - that is CLASSIC!!!!!! I may need to make that my signature line on my posts now!!!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:33 am

manny wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:33 am

Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform 561797 LOL.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:09 am

Wow. That band was awful. If I'd been stuck in that traffic jam they'd caused, I would've sued them for emotional distress.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Having just spent several days driving the LA Freeways I was always amazed at how calm everyone was with delays and back-ups. I guess they just expect it or something. No horns or yelling at all. I was on the 101 heading to Ventura and some dude had run out of gas in the center lane. Everyone just went around him like it was no big thing. Half hour stuck in traffic - no worries. I thought to myself, "that guy wouldn't be alive on an east coast freeway". Would love to see this band pull something like that on the Capital beltway or Jersey turnpike.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:17 pm

jstate wrote:
Having just spent several days driving the LA Freeways I was always amazed at how calm everyone was with delays and back-ups. I guess they just expect it or something. No horns or yelling at all. I was on the 101 heading to Ventura and some dude had run out of gas in the center lane. Everyone just went around him like it was no big thing. Half hour stuck in traffic - no worries. I thought to myself, "that guy wouldn't be alive on an east coast freeway". Would love to see this band pull something like that on the Capital beltway or Jersey turnpike.

That's because CA drivers don't realize that Prop 19 hasn't passed yet!
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:37 pm

that is anything but Rocking... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Ricky wrote:
that is anything but Rocking... Rolling Eyes

Agreed, I wasn't the one who called them a rock band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform   Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Band Block LA Freeway To Perform
Page 1 of 1