Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ministry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Ministry   Ministry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:27 am

Ministry was one of the first bands to combine industrial and metal music on classic albums such as "Psalm 69" and " Land of Rape and Honey", their more recent albums "The Last Sucker" and "Rio Grande Blood" didn't do much for me with its rentless Bush bashing, I am not fan of the President but I feel that there are ways to articulate your anger besides calling someone stupid, but this off the point, anyone fans of these two albums and what is your opinion of the band as a whole?
Back to top Go down

Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ministry   Ministry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:09 am

No love for "With Sympathy"? That is the hardest, most shreddin' metal album of all time!!!

Love Alien and almost [see above] everything he has touched. The 2 albums you mentioned are classics. I think Reznor pretty much stole "Pretty Hate Machine " from "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste" [not rippin' -PHM is an all time fav - but there are ALOT of similarities there!]
Back to top Go down

Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ministry   Ministry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:11 am

Put Big Black and Foetus in my box of industrial loves, as well. Albini is a genius. Songs about F-ing should be in every metalheads collection.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ministry   Ministry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:20 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Songs about F-ing should be in every metalheads collection.

I will never forget the first time I saw that Big Black album in a store. Damn near laughed my head off. Best album title/cover ever!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ministry   Ministry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:24 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
No love for "With Sympathy"? That is the hardest, most shreddin' metal album of all time!!!

Love Alien and almost [see above] everything he has touched. The 2 albums you mentioned are classics. I think Reznor pretty much stole "Pretty Hate Machine " from "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste" [not rippin' -PHM is an all time fav - but there are ALOT of similarities there!]

I have to agree about Pretty Hate Machine, I agree not ripping off but definitley was influenced by Ministry, speaking of industrial bands how do you feel about Skinny Puppy?
Back to top Go down

Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ministry   Ministry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:49 am

SP was cool, but Ministry appealed ALOT more to the metalhead in me. Stigmata and Thieves are basically speed metal anthems!!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ministry   Ministry Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Love MINISTRY....all of it...

Love BIG BLACK...SKINNY PUPPY and NIN....

Also love MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT..."Confessions Of A Knife" is killer!!!!

Lots of industrial I dig....

Ministry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ministry   Ministry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ministry
Page 1 of 1