Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fireball Ministry?

Go down 
+3
mr.electric39
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 6:31 pm

Where can I find more bands that sound like this? They remind me of bands that I was into ten years ago like Only Living Witness, etc. (I hate to start throwing labels around for fear of starting another argument), but I would describe their Fireball Ministry's "Second Great Awakening" as very heavy hard rock with modern rock influences. Their "Their Rock is not Our Rock" is a little more straight forward, without the slight alternative influences.
Black Stone Cherry is advertised as being a modern throwback, but sounds more modern than throwback to me. I ordered something called "The Sinking of the Minot"; which sounds promising, but I haven't heard it yet. Ironboss also sounds promising, but as described I doubt they have any modern rock influences at all. I want to hear more stuff like Fireball Ministry. I really like them.
Back to top Go down

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 7:05 pm

I heard a song by them on Comp trade II. I like them alot
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 pm

Currently one of my favorite bands!

Fireball Ministry? Fireball_poster

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:15 pm

I own 'their Rock Is no their rock'. Pretty good. I used to see their video on the Ball pretty often..
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:20 pm

Now you're gonna think I'm making this up, but it's true. Wisconsin here is in a blizzard right now, and I have an emergency kit that includes not only a Fireball Ministry CD; but a candy bar and one of those three ounce bottles of Jagermeister as well. I guess the two just go together.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:21 pm

Quote :
Black Stone Cherry is advertised as being a modern throwback,
but sounds more modern than throwback to me. I ordered something called
"The Sinking of the Minot"; which sounds promising, but I haven't heard
it yet. Ironboss also sounds promising, but as described I doubt they
have any modern rock influences at all. I want to hear more stuff like
Fireball Ministry. I really like them.

Had it, sold it. Boring modern rock with a very slight southern
influence. If you want something that has this sound that is good,
check out Brand New Sin.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:32 pm

Brand New Sin. Thanks. Another example of the kind of mix I want might be the Iommi solo album (not the Hughes ones); where he used younger vocalists like Dave Grohl and Chris Cornell. Not the same mix of new and old as Fireball Ministry, but still kinda gives me the same vibe. But I just didn't like Zakk Wilde or Probot, even though it sounds like I would by what I'm saying here.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 8:57 am

Try Artimus Pyledriver, They are plenty heavy & have an old school vibe to them. I love Fireball, cant wait for some new stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:13 am

Have you ever listened to "stoner" metal/rock? These guys have a cool retro-70's fuzzed-out sound:

Fu Manchu
Kyuss
The Atomic B*tchwax
The Sword
Nebula

Or visit http://www.stonerrock.com/
and check out the MP3 Jukebox to get a sampling.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:22 am

Love Fireball,also the Sword are good.I've only heard one song of Black Stone Cherry and it was pretty decent.Hey Ult,which Brand New Sin would be best to start with?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:31 am

I've only heard their first two, but like them both about equally.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 4:42 pm

I'd put them into the stoner rock genre, they have that 70's esque sound. Try looking into Spiritual Beggars!

Wargod48

NP: Vision Scope - The Peter Pan Principle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fireball Ministry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireball Ministry?   Fireball Ministry? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireball Ministry?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: