Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you've listened to everyday since release?

Go down 
+7
Required Fields
mc666
the sentinel
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
skullsmasher
IHATEGENRES
11 posters
AuthorMessage
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Empty
PostSubject: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 pm

I can honestly say this is the only one that hasn't left the changer (or at least one song from the album).

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:10 am

I have too many albums & CDs for that to happen. I've still got piles of crap I've never listened to.
Back to top Go down
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:15 am

detuned wrote:
I have too many albums & CDs for that to happen. I've still got piles of crap I've never listened to.

I usually have one that I always get stuck on until something else comes along that grabs my ear and then I will be stuck on that one for a while, I guess I am weird like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:51 am

IHATEGENRES wrote:

I usually have one that I always get stuck on until something else comes along that grabs my ear and then I will be stuck on that one for a while, I guess I am weird like that.

Not weird at all, I did the exact same thing when I was younger. But I like too many different styles of music these days, I just don't have the time anymore to obsess on one album.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:23 am

[quote="
Not weird at all, I did the exact same thing when I was younger. But I like too many different styles of music these days, I just don't have the time anymore to obsess on one album.[/quote]

That's me too
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:57 am

detuned wrote:
IHATEGENRES wrote:

Not weird at all, I did the exact same thing when I was younger. But I like too many different styles of music these days, I just don't have the time anymore to obsess on one album.

Same here, although I will say this. I have a little cd carrier that I take into my car and into work with me. Every Sunday night, I load it up with the music I'm gonna listen to for the week. Sometimes I'll just switch out 10 or so cd's and sometimes I'll clear it out completely and put 24 new cd's in there. However, since I got the new Testament back during it's 1st week of release, it's never left my case and gets played on a fairly regular basis. For someone owning close to 1300 cd's, I'd say that's about as close to obsessing as I'll get these days.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 am

detuned wrote:

I know exactly how you feel.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:55 am

I haven't listened to it everyday since release, but I have probably listened to the new Whitesnake about 50 times already. Every other day, I guess. Peace.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:51 pm

3 albums i've listened to almost everyday since their release are the new Krisiun, Walls Of Jericho, & Aborted albums.

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Even if I really love a new album, I try not to play it too often as I have a tendency to get burnt out on things and like to keep them somewhat "fresh".
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:16 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
detuned wrote:

I know exactly how you feel.

As do I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:15 pm

Quote :
Even if I really love a new album, I try not to play it too often as I have a tendency to get burnt out on things and like to keep them somewhat "fresh".

This is my big problem. I tend to play things into the ground. This is especially true with new stuff. I try to have a rotation of albums that I go through. Then weave stuff out and in. Works much better in theory though. The old musical moods always throws things off.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:06 am

i tend to change whats in the player just for variety
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:32 am

Not everyday but there have been several albums I listened to several days in a row before forcing myself to move on (just a few throughout they past 15+ years):

Avantasia-Scarecrow
Circle II Circle-Burden Of Truth
Allen/Lande-The Battle
Trans-Siberian Orchestra-Beethoven's Last Night
Blind Guardian-Nightfall In Middle Earth
Savatage-Mountain King to Poets & Madmen
Helloween-Keeper Pt. 2
Anthrax-Sound of White Noise
Metallica-TBA
The Showdown-Temptation Come My Way
Theatre Of Tragedy-Velvet Darkness
King Diamond-Abigail
Danzig-How The Gods Kill
Ayreon-The Human Equation
Biohazard-Urban Discipline
Bruce Dickinson-Accident Of Birth
Dream Theater-Scenes From A Memory
Shadow Gallery-Tyranny
Faith No More-Epic & Angel Dust
Hammerfall-Legacy Of Kings
Kamelot-Karma

I have too many long lists on this board (and maybe more in the future) so I will end here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:26 am

detuned wrote:
IHATEGENRES wrote:

That pretty much sums me up as well. Even a CD that I give plenty of spin time to doesn't tend to dominate my listening every day. For me, it might get several spins in a week, but I don't really obsess over one album any longer either. Too much great music to listen to for that to happen.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:11 am

ultmetal wrote:
For me, it might get several spins in a week, but I don't really obsess over one album any longer either. Too much great music to listen to for that to happen.

Of course Ult, but unlike you some of us don't have a king's ransom in CDs to work through. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you've listened to everyday since release?   Albums you've listened to everyday since release? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you've listened to everyday since release?
Page 1 of 1