Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you have not listened to in a while

Go down 
+16
John Madden
Leatherface
DeathCult
moonspell67
Witchfinder
akeldama
Glower
Lari
brokentulsa
Thrasher73
MDGinVa
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Albums you have not listened to in a while Empty
PostSubject: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 1:31 pm

I know this has been done before, but let's start over.

Albums that you have not listened to in forever that now sound really fresh or evoke memories:

For me:
Vicious Rumors - Soldiers of the Night
Exxplorer - Symphonies of Steel
Attack - Destinies of War
Armored Saint - Revelation

Been going old school as of late.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 2:36 pm

One I'm listening to as I'm typing this...

KISS - Carnival of Souls: The Final Sessions

I know this album takes a lot of flak for being their attempt at grunge, and it was pretty well panned at the time of release, but I think it's a pretty decent album. I liked it when I purchased it as a new release, but it's been shelved for awhile now.

I'm a fairly casual fan of KISS, so to hear them take on a darker tone for the album works for me. It's not the typical party album for sure, but musically it holds up pretty well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 3:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
One I'm listening to as I'm typing this...

KISS - Carnival of Souls: The Final Sessions

I know this album takes a lot of flak for being their attempt at grunge, and it was pretty well panned at the time of release, but I think it's a pretty decent album. I liked it when I purchased it as a new release, but it's been shelved for awhile now.

I'm a fairly casual fan of KISS, so to hear them take on a darker tone for the album works for me. It's not the typical party album for sure, but musically it holds up pretty well.

I've always liked that since before it was released, thanks to the leaked bootlegs of it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 3:13 pm

I've been on a bit of a '90s kick recently and I didn't really listen to metal much in the '90s so it's been a steady diet of stuff like.

Primal Scream - Screamadelica
Ride - Nowhere
Belly - Star
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Lush - Spooky
Moby - Everything is Wrong
Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See
Depeche Mode - Violator
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Pulled out Gutter Ballet this week. What a great album.
Back to top Go down
MDGinVa
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Cry of love - brother
Been a while since I listened to it but always loved it for some reason
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Making me go listen to this now.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Armored Saint- Symbol of Salvation

Dokken- Back for the Attack
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Uncle Saxon wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Making me go listen to this now.

Not sure why I don't listen to these at least once a month.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:32 pm

I listen to that Dokken and Armored Saint pretty regularly still.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:55 pm

I listen to most of the stuff mentioned here pretty regularly.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 3:36 am

Stevie Ray Vaughan.... Texas Flood
AC/DC.... flick of the switch
Molly Hatchet...Beatin The Odds
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 5:50 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

I'm gonna play it this weekend. I just bought the narrated version.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 8:51 am

Exxplorer ! I listened to that in my car during a snowstorm !
I've seen some live concert clips on YouTube....they Nail those songs...
But the singer swears like a sailor !
Anyways, when you hundreds of CDs....and only listen to one a day....
many have cobwebs....even though they shine like gems !
And I do have certain bands that I just love in the months June and July !
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 9:24 am

Lari wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

There's a narrated version?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 10:24 am

I was going to ask that? Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 11:14 am

Pulled out both Demon & Wizards albums today to give them a fresh spin and see if they generate any interest in another one.

Honestly, they sound pretty good. I thought I might be all "meh", but they aren't too bad. Maybe I DO want to hear another one from Jon and Hansi.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 11:33 am

Wicked Maraya - Cycles
Forte - Destructive
Forte - Rise Above
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 12:12 pm

akeldama wrote:
Lari wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

There's a narrated version?

Dark Horseman wrote:
I was going to ask that? Razz

It came with the last set of re-releases:

Spoiler:

Not my picture.

Nice to have Larry Elbows and the slow version of Jesus Saves on CD. And the music videos on DVD.
Back to top Go down
moonspell67
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

Number of posts : 463

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Saigon Kick - all of 'em
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Twisted Sister- Love Is For Suckers

Been playing the hell out of it lately
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Tons of them. Hard to pick just a few.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Ok, I need to hear some Forte now.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Into Eternity's debut album from 1999.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 10:48 pm

I played a song the other day that I hadn't heard in some time and it triggered a very specific memory. Allow me to share...

It was from quite some time ago, before marriage, before kids. Heck, before the internet, if you can believe that. Just young and stupid with seemingly all the time in the world. Graduated and semi-employed, I was spending a week at a shore house in Jersey. The owner was the uncle of my best friends since high school, twin brothers. They would pay the minimal cost of renting the place, and anyone else staying there would supply food, alcohol, etc.. The invite was open to pretty much any and all, so there was a decent mix of guys and gals, friends and couples. The place wasn't fancy, but it slept 8-10 easily, sometimes more. The house was on the bay and during the week, we were mostly by ourselves. There were only 4 or 5 other homes around the area and they were generally unoccupied. Which meant we could drink, smoke and play music into the wee hours of the morning.

On one such evening, I found myself sitting on a reclining beach chair with a girl on my lap. She was quite the beauty, and if I'm being honest, probably a tad out of my league. We had come home from a long day of doing nothing on the beach all day. While her and I were quite friendly, prior to this evening, we were just that, friends. But there we were, sitting out on the deck, under the stars and the cool breeze blowing in from the bay. I guess I charmed her well enough during the day that she felt comfortable enough to climb aboard. I don't even recall asking her. One minute I was alone, sipping a Corona. The next, I had a tan girl in a bikini top and shorts cuddling up to me.

She would take a long hit from the Scooby Doo water pipe going around (Scooby Snacks as we liked to call them) and then shotgun it back to me. We'd blow out smoke, kiss some more and sip our beers while everyone just sat around, listening to music and getting slowly baked. I can still remember my hands sliding up and down her smooth, tanned legs and the faint smell of suntan lotion mixed with the salty air of the bay. Every now and then, I would hear the sound of laughter. I just assumed it was one of my buddies enjoying the show.

The other day, I was playing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. During 'Brain Damage' I heard that laughter again and I thought of her and that one night. She's married now with kids (as far as I know) and the old shore house became a victim of Hurricane Sandy a few years ago.

We had some good times there.

PostSubject: Re: Albums you have not listened to in a while   Albums you have not listened to in a while Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you have not listened to in a while
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next