Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)

Go down 
+2
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) Empty
PostSubject: KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)   KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 5:00 pm

Kotipelto is the brainchild of a vocalist/songwriter Timo Kotipelto, best known as the frontman for the popular Finnish metal outfit Stratovarius. Kotipelto specializes in majestic/melodic Euro-power metal in the Iron Maiden tradition, with lyrics often centering on ancient Egyptian themes. Kotipelto's first release, Waiting for the Dawn, came out in 2002 via Century Media in the United States during a hiatus in activity for Stratovarius. The album featured an all-star lineup of progressive/power metal musicians, including bassist Jari Kainulainen (Stratovarius); guitarists Michael Romeo (Symphony X), Roland Grapow (formerly of Helloween), and Sami Virtanen (Warmen); keyboardists Janne Warman (Children of Bodom, Warmen) and Mikko Harkin (Sonata Arctica); and drummers Mirka Rantanen (Tunnel Vision) and Gas (HIM).

Anyone own anything from these guys?

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)   KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 5:05 pm

I have Waiting For The Dawn. It's pretty good, but the vocals sound strained at points.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)   KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:59 pm

Yeah I have that as well!

Not to bad I enjoy it!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)   KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Whoa, that song is just.... where are any of the melodies in it coming from at all?? scratch Kind of a mess there..

I wanted to check out some of 'Coldness' at one time, but haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)   KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:55 pm

I own all three of his albums. His last one was the best. The others were so so
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)   KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:08 am

I own Waiting for the Dawn and Coldness and really like them both. Shall be getting the newer one soon just so many other bands/artists at the front of the queue right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)   KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KOTIPELTO ( Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: