Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi

Go down 
+9
akeldama
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
manny
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:29 pm

manny wrote:
I also like Bon Jovi's first two albums best out of their discography,
but if they had stayed with that sound, they would have been thrown in
the scrap heap after 1990.

I totally agree, but I would've respected them more if they had stayed the original course. Like I said, I don't fault them. Would most people turn down the financial security that the band has? I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:16 pm

I have been listening to 7800 Fahrenheit a lot lately and I am really enjoying it. That was the album, that even when I was a Jovi fanatic in the 80's, I kind of shunned for some reason. I too think they did a good job of subtly switching their sound away from big arena hair band to more commercial pop country. I guess they saw the writing on the wall in the early to mid 90's and knew they had to do something to be relevant in the future.
Someone made a comment about the "soccer moms who had their posters on the wall," and it is entirely true. My female family, friends, and coworkers that loved them in the 80's still do today, the same way I still love Priest, Maiden, Whitesnake, and Anthrax and always will.
I believe that if you are a fan of something, you are a fan for life. That is different from being an apologist for a particular band or artist and acting as if they can do no wrong. Peace.
Back to top Go down
FATALITY
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:05 pm

love em
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:02 am

Ive never been a fan of complete albums by the man, but there are songs by him I really do Dig
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

Bon Jovi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi   Bon Jovi - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2