Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Matthews Band

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:14 am

I know a lot you probably don't like or downright hate this band, but they're one of my all-time favorites. Absolutely love everything they've done.

Sadly, the saxophonist just died. Complications from an ATV accident. That sucks.

The best cover I've ever heard of that song. The build-up is just brilliant, and when it kicks in...whoo! Chills. I love it! 🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:11 am

Sorry about the saxophone player; I just heard that this morning.

I still absolutely hate this band though. My most hated band on the planet right now. I'd rather listen to rap.

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:29 am

Never understood the appeal, but hey people seem to love them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:38 am

Spec you have to see the Dave Matthews Band live and you may change your mind
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:56 am

manny wrote:

I have and I still don't see the appeal. Talented bunch, but how they appeal to such a large audience escapes me. I guess the combination of patchouli and reefer has a strong effect on musical tastes. Look what it did for the Grateful Dead.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I have and I still don't see the appeal. Talented bunch, but how they appeal to such a large audience escapes me. I guess the combination of patchouli and reefer has a strong effect on musical tastes. Look what it did for the Grateful Dead.

I would agree with you expect I don't get high, maybe I am getting a contact buzz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:28 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I would agree with you expect I don't get high, maybe I am getting a contact buzz

There you go! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
lol!

Honestly, it's not even the same sort of crowd. It's really not. But let's be honest, seeing DMB live is an event, so people that aren't really fans are going to go. I hardly doubt the band sells millions of albums each time out, but they do sell out huge stadiums across the world. It's a party. No one wants to miss a party. Haha.

Either way, I think that musically they're brilliant. It just sucks when band members die.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:52 am

Quote :
Honestly, it's not even the same sort of crowd. It's really not. But let's be honest, seeing DMB live is an event, so people that aren't really fans are going to go. I hardly doubt the band sells millions of albums each time out, but they do sell out huge stadiums across the world. It's a party. No one wants to miss a party. Haha.

That's more like the comparrison I was making.

Grateful Dead=dirty hippies
DMB=college frat boys and their fake-hippie girls.

No doubt it's an event. The parking lot was full of used nitrous (?) tanks, empty balloons and the air was heavy with that horrible oil and pot. I think that heavy sedation is the only thing that could make the music tolerable to my ears, but hey, whatever floats their boat.

That is a shame about the sax player though. As I understand, he was a pretty important member. He was the Clarence Clemmons to Dave's Bruce.
Back to top Go down

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That is a shame about the sax player though. As I understand, he was a pretty important member. He was the Clarence Clemmons to Dave's Bruce.
Yeah. I imagine they'll carry on. They played a show the night he died. Not sure why; I can't imagine they're that selfish, and they surely didn't need to play. Must have been one of those "This is what he would want us to do" things. Or maybe he told them to before he croaked. I don't know.

They announced it to the crowd, though. Imagine hearing that? Bummer.

And did you listen to the video I posted? Can you not even dig on that song?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Quote :

I stuck with it for about 2 minutes then bailed. Not my thing at all. sick
Back to top Go down

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:10 pm

I just remembered. I like their song called "I Did It" or something like that.
Back to top Go down

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

You turd! You gotta let it kick in. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

The only thing DMB kicks in is my eardrums.

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

The only thing DMB kicks in is my eardrums.
Your eardrums are wimpy.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:38 pm

I saw them live twice I think. One time at Giants Stadium and once when they played in Central Park in NYC. Both times they sucked and I regret ever seeing them lol. My gf at the time would make me go, I felt it was only fair since she went to my shows. The only good thing about this band though is their drummer. Shame the saxamaphone guy died though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dave Matthews Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Matthews Band   Dave Matthews Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Matthews Band
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: