Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Machine Head

Go down 
+9
TheGooch
Rex
Fat Freddy
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
mc666
juanmiguel
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

New Machine Head - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:45 am

sam wrote:
good thing I didn't buy it the first time, just borrowed it from a friend. It wasn't good enough to buy...but if it's a good price I'll buy it for the bonus material.
Not good enough? You kidding?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:51 am

no, I liked it but never felt the need to buy it. It just wasn't that good, I almost did several times, but always ended up buying something else instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:48 am

machine head are a band i cant really get excited about. i have never felt compelled to run out and buy the back catalogue
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
Well, just finished listening all the way through. Hit the repeat button a few times to rehear something I thought was either incredibly cool, or incredibly stupid. Overall, I'd say I have to agree with Saxon. Sounds to me like Machine Head have jumped off the 'nu' bandwagon and have jumped on the 'Trivium/Lamb of God' bandwagon, albeit with a touch of Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying and Metallica thrown in for good measure. "The Blackening" has all the elements that make me stear clear of bands like As I Lay Dying and Lamb of God, shouted metalcore vocals, whiny 'emo' vocals, the standard chugging riffs, bad groove riffs and those wonderful one note breakdowns. There is even a brief second when Rob Flynn whispers, "I hate myself". GAK!

However, I did enjoy the last track "A Farwell to Arms" and the opening epic "Clenching the First of Dissent" to some extent. I may just add "Clenching the Fists of Dissent" and "A Farwell to Arms" to my Ipod and let this album collect dust. I can't see it becoming a frequent player for me unless I suddenly catch onto something I missed in the first few listens.

Ult, if you still have the album and don't want it i will take it off your hands. greedy
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Lamb of God set the standard for modern american metal and have absolutley no whiny emo vocals just pure brutatlity compared to this
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:27 pm

lol! Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:52 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Lamb of God set the standard for modern american metal and have absolutley no whiny emo vocals just pure brutatlity compared to this
You're retarded. Lamb of God are crap with a capital shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:

You're retarded. Lamb of God are crap with a capital shit.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Machine Head
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3