Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

|Picked this one up from another board

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

|Picked this one up from another board Empty
PostSubject: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:35 am

Thought it was pretty cool. I don't think I have any Sum 41 cds, but my respect factor for those guys has always been a little higher than the rest of their pop-punk compatriots, as they have never hid, and in fact promoted, their love for real 80's metal. So, I thought I would pop this on:

Last edited by SAXON1500 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:55 am

Saw that before....still kicks ass...

Their guitarist was supposed to release a project that all metal...sort of a PROBOT sort of thing...not sure what ever happened to that...

Id better investigate...

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 am

I used to highly respect the both of yous. fainting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:08 am

Quote :
I used to highly respect the both of yous.

That is cool. You can go back to jumping on whatever bandwagon the noobs tell you to get on now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:10 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

That is cool. You can go back to jumping on whatever bandwagon the noobs tell you to get on now.

You're a meanie.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:13 am

|Picked this one up from another board Oh_snap

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:34 am

Some of it is pretty cool but that pogo stick and rap stuff I just don't get. Never have never will. Halford was cool though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:48 am

Quote :
Their guitarist was supposed to release a project that all metal...sort of a PROBOT sort of thing...not sure what ever happened to that...

He had some instrumental tracks posted on his myspace page at one time, don't know if he still does or what happened to that project.

Since that video clip was shot at some MTV event, I gotta interject some cynical, jaded, bitterness. The whole thing reeks of some MTV jack-hole trying to make them look cool by bringing in some 80's heavy hitters. "Hey, we're MTV and you sheep will think this is cool because we say it's cool."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:52 am

I'd agree with ya, if it was JUST Tommy Lee. But the Metal God makes his own decisions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:54 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
But the Metal God makes his own decisions.

Ain't that the truth!

|Picked this one up from another board Voyeurs_album
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I'd agree with ya, if it was JUST Tommy Lee. But the Metal God makes his own decisions.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not ragging on T-Bone or Rob. What do they have to loose? Rob was flying solo at the time and had to promote the Halford project. Tommy was probably just hanging around anyway, hitting on some young girls at the time. I'm directing my bitterness squarley at MTV.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:34 am

BROWN BRIGADE is the name of the guitarists project...

here is youtube link...if someone can just post the videos here cool, I can't figure the blasted thing out...and make it work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBMf4rQY-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeVkh39-EI&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmMBh1dUnZU&feature=related

I guess an album is coming or may already have come....

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:36 am

Shiney wrote:
BROWN BRIGADE is the name of the guitarists project

Thats what they should call their regular crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:38 am

Such a bitter old man you are.... Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:57 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
But the Metal God makes his own decisions.

headbanger

That's the coolest leather jacket I've ever seen and this is coming from the guy with Dice as his avy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Man, on numerous times I've posted all of Sum 41s metal songs (because they're awesome!) and no one cared. This thread sucks!

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:37 pm

so it's an Eysore thread Very Happy then.....

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Shiney wrote:
so it's an Eysore thread Very Happy then.....
Pffft!

And the ex-guitarist started a band called Brown Brigade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBMf4rQY-I
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Uncle has cred and you don't. Mr. 311.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: |Picked this one up from another board   |Picked this one up from another board Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

|Picked this one up from another board
Page 1 of 1