Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 just picked itself up

Go down 
+13
SlaytanicPOWER
mc666
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Lurideath
Schbopo
Temple of Blood
Stender
krokus
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
kmorg
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

2009 just picked itself up Empty
PostSubject: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 am

I've found 2009 to be a slow year for metal. I've bought less then 200 titles this year, and for me that is close to half of the titles I bought last year.

It just seems that I am enjoying less and less of what is out there, and discovering new stuff that grips me is nearly impossible, and even some of the old bands are failing, imo.

But finally things are picking up, and at a frightening pace. The new KISS, Ace Frehley, UDO and WASP albums have all been really good, and my hopes for metal is still high Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:20 am

kmorg wrote:

But finally things are picking up, and at a frightening pace. The new KISS, Ace Frehley, UDO and WASP albums have all been really good, and my hopes for metal is still high Very Happy

kmorg is going to party like it's 1985.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:05 am

detuned wrote:
kmorg wrote:

But finally things are picking up, and at a frightening pace. The new KISS, Ace Frehley, UDO and WASP albums have all been really good, and my hopes for metal is still high 2009 just picked itself up Icon_biggrin

kmorg is going to party like it's 1985.

2009 just picked itself up Lmao

Yup, the oldies are still showing the newbies how it's done!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:57 am

I found a lot to like this year.
Kreator, Ace, Kiss, Megadeth, Main Line Riders, Grave Forsaken, Stryper, Seventh Angel, Vindicator, Believer, Hirax, Suspended, Requiem Mass, Heaven & Hell, Mortification, Boarders and of course, Ultimatum - Lex Metalis Smile

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:22 pm

This is been a great year for me!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:46 pm

I thought this year started off slow,too. But the last couple of months have really picked up. New albums from Ace Frehley, KISS, Megadeth, Paradise Lost, Baroness, Shadows Fall and Immortal have been welcome additions to my collection. I still need to get those new U.D.O. and Hirax albums.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:48 pm

This year started off with a BANG for me in January with the North American release of Ross the Boss, Iron Fire and Sirenia!

It might have dipped down a bit in late winter/spring ... but all summer long my ass has been kicked by one outstanding release after the next!

Now there is soo much out that I just can't keep up with it all!

I still need the new Sonata Arctica, Leaves' Eyes, WASP, Brainstorm ... and it goes on and on!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:14 pm

It's kept ahead of my purchasing power.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:28 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
It's kept ahead of my purchasing power.

2009 just picked itself up Lol

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:31 pm

I also bought a lot of cool releases this year. PESTILENCE released a cool comeback album. SAMAEL finaly did something good and extreme again taking me back to the early 90s sometimes. CAULDRON, WOLF, CRYSTAL VIPER, SIBILA, NASTY IDOLS, HAMMERFALL etc...all released cool albums.
KISS, MEGADETH, PRIMAL FEAR also released great albums and now i am waiting for the new ACE FREHLEY, BRAINSTORM, WASP and HOUSE OF LORDS.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:33 pm

krokus wrote:
I also bought a lot of cool releases this year. PESTILENCE released a cool comeback album. SAMAEL finaly did something good and extreme again taking me back to the early 90s sometimes. CAULDRON, WOLF, CRYSTAL VIPER, SIBILA, NASTY IDOLS, HAMMERFALL etc...all released cool albums.

I didn't know Pestilence had a new one out! Wow, I'll have to get that.

I got that Samael, Wolf and Hammerfall though. But none of the others.

I was a bit disappointed in the new Hammerfall, but it might grow on me.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:37 pm

As usual, I havent reallly checked much that came out this year because I am always catching up on stuff before I was born..haha. I am looking forward for the new Hirax.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
krokus wrote:

I didn't know Pestilence had a new one out! Wow, I'll have to get that.

I got that Samael, Wolf and Hammerfall though. But none of the others.

I was a bit disappointed in the new Hammerfall, but it might grow on me.

Yes, PESTILENCE made a great comeback album this year and they went back on tour too. Realy great. I realy like the new HAMMERFALL album. Dont care about MY SHARONA but the rest are cool.
Also IMPELLITERRI finaly again with ROB ROCK made an increible album, same with WIZARD. Yes, realy a great year.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:30 pm

It's been a better year than last year I think.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Lots of good stuff this year. Ace Frehley, Black Sabbath, Chickenfoot, KISS, Spinal Tap, Les Claypool, Wolf, Sepultura...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Yeah it has been a great year for metal! I found a ton of albums I have really liked!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:26 pm

I think it's been a great year for metal!!! Heaven & Hell, Stryper, KISS, Ace, Megadeth, Hammerfall, Ultimatum, and the list goes on.....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:12 pm

You bet it's picked itself up. I still have countless albums to get:

TSO-Dark Castle (on pre-order but it still has over 2 weeks left)
Leaves' Eyes-Njord (for some reason Amazon has yet to ship it out to me)
Axxis-Utopia

I can't recall the album names (or know them at all) but I still want to try and get the new albums when funds are availiable (some are out some are still to come):

Vision Divine
Axxis
Foreinger (I would have gotten it with the new Kiss but I only had money for one)
Epica
Jacob's Dream
Impellitteri
Visions Of Atlantis
Mortification
Brainstorm
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Oh, and the new Jon Oliva's Pain which is scheduled to be released befor the year is up.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:57 pm

2009 has been pretty good for music as far as i'm concerned. lots of great albums.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:46 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Oh, and the new Jon Oliva's Pain which is scheduled to be released befor the year is up.

Then it will be an awesome metal year! 2009 just picked itself up Headbang

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:28 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
You bet it's picked itself up. I still have countless albums to get:

TSO-Dark Castle (on pre-order but it still has over 2 weeks left)
Leaves' Eyes-Njord (for some reason Amazon has yet to ship it out to me)
Axxis-Utopia

I can't recall the album names (or know them at all) but I still want to try and get the new albums when funds are availiable (some are out some are still to come):

Vision Divine
Axxis
Foreinger (I would have gotten it with the new Kiss but I only had money for one)
Epica
Jacob's Dream
Impellitteri
Visions Of Atlantis
Mortification
Brainstorm

Not to mention Slayer & Morbid Angel 2009 just picked itself up Headbang
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah, I need the new Slayer and Morbid Angel myself!!!

2009 just picked itself up 877540 2009 just picked itself up 918552
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:08 pm

I think its been a great year for metal.With stuff like Ravage,Stryper,Megadeth,Heaven and Hell,Believer,Kreator,Municipal Waste,Tenet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Been a slow year for me... not because of a lack of new releases, but because of a lack of $$ to buy those new releases with!! Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 just picked itself up   2009 just picked itself up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 just picked itself up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next