Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picked up two great CDs last night...

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
Wargod
Metal Misfit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Picked up two great CDs last night... Empty
PostSubject: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 7:43 pm

Who says you can't find good stuff at the mall anymore? At FYE, I picked up both of these titles for about $21 last night:

Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
I haven't listened to this one yet, but I know it's one of their classics. I also own Among the Living, Persistence of Time, and We've Come For You All. Those are all great albums so I'm sure this one won't disappoint.

Quiet Riot - Rehab
I've heard a few of these songs online and I've liked it. I have the Metal Health album, but I never bought anything beyond that. I always keep my eye out for stuff at FYE, but they just usually have their greatest hits CDs, and I've never gotten around to ordering any other QR stuff online. $9.99 for this. I know it's an idie album from an "80s band", but I was still surprised by the low price, especially since it's relatively new.

Great CD so far, I'm listening to it right now. Great 70s-style blues-hard rock. DuBrow has one of the greatest voices ever in rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 7:46 pm

I just recently picked up Spreading the Disease, also. I was never really into it, when I owned it in the past. Now, I love it. Killer disc!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 7:46 pm

I've shopped at FYE in Bemidi, MN oly real metal shop in the area. But there prices are a bit high than most places. Good pick ups!

Wargod48

NP: Double Dealer - S/T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 7:47 pm

Spreading The Disease is great. Not sure about Rehab. I've heard good and bad. I always thought Quiet Riot were extremely overrated anyway.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 8:23 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I've shopped at FYE in Bemidi, MN oly real metal shop in the area. But there prices are a bit high than most places. Good pick ups!

I'm listening to it right now. Man, this is awesome! From what I've heard, I'd even say I like it better than Among The Living.

Yeah, I was living in northwest Florida until recently, and there and here I don't know of anywhere to go for decent CDs other than FYE. A lot of times I end up ordering from www.CDUniverse.com. But I do like to keep my eye on FYE, they can be expensive, but every now and then they'll get some metal gems in.

But this FYE is worse off than the last city I lived in, it's about half the size of most of their stores. They don't even sell video games at this one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 8:34 pm

I was in a used cd/dvd shop today and picked up 2 cd's that almost NEVER show up in the used bins...

Candlemass - "Tales of Creation"
Whiplash - "Power & Pain/Ticket to Mayhem"

And a 3rd that I've looked at a few times and finally bought today...

Primus - "Sailing the Seas of Cheese"

I saw a few more that I might go back for this week...
Manowar - "Hail to England"
B**ch - "The B**ch is Back"
Living Sacrafice (I only saw it on the side, I'm not sure which release it was).

I wanted to read up on them at "NoLife" before I dropped some coin.

The FYE in my area is way overpriced for anything new, but I've found some gems in the used section.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 10:10 pm

the Manowar & B*tch discs are worth picking up. Living Sacrifice are hit or miss. the early ones are best.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 11:59 pm

If the Living Sacrifice was their first, self-title release, it's worth
picking up. Great thrash metal in the style of early Slayer.

Beyond that your get death metal w/ odd vocals for the next two albums then 3 or 4 albums of mediocre metalcore. (Save for "Reborn", which I actually like.)

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 1:05 am

they FYE here where I live has some decent stuff.they have a quite a few used cds.I picked up Nevermore-this Godless Endeavor for $6.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 2:14 am

ultmetal wrote:

Beyond that your get death metal w/ odd vocals for the next two albums then 3 or 4 albums of mediocre metalcore. (Save for "Reborn", which I actually like.)
the first 3 were great.. Reborn started their whole metalcore phase.

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:17 am

Nice man. Spreading the disease is one of my al time favs.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 3:13 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

the first 3 were great.. Reborn started their whole metalcore phase.

Yes it did, but there is something infectious about Reborn. The follow-ups bored me.

Living Sacrifice - s/t (Great thrash metal.)

Living Sacrifice - Nonexistant & Inhabit (death metal w. some thrash leanings)

Living Sacrifice - Reborn through Conceived in Fire (metalcore)
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 3:30 pm

Yah, I LOVE the first L.S. alum. Nonexistant and Inhabit are both really good in my opinion as well. I dig Reborn as well. It may be metalcore, but you can still hear the bands thrash & death metal past in it.

I'm trying to ditch The Hammering Process and Conceived In Fire on LaLa, as I just don't listen to them much at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 3:35 pm

I'm not quite sure I'd call anything Living Sacrifice has done "metalcore." But I won't argue it. At least, I wouldn't say they're metalcore in the mainstream sense. From Reborn on there was definitely a big dose of hardcore in the mix, but they were nowhere near the radio-friendly pap that is Killswitch Engage and the like.

Did you know I used to know Rocky Gray when I was stationed in Little Rock? He was in a few local bands, Shredded Corpse and Fleshcompressor, and he worked at Camelot Music (like FYE) at the McCain Mall. I used to go in there and talk to him all the time. I remember when he said he'd joined Living Sacrifice. I was like, "What? Living Sacrifice? Um...Shredded Corpse...hello?" Haha. Now look at him? Soul Embraced got a bit of exposure and he's in Evanescence! Talk about an upgrade! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up two great CDs last night...   Picked up two great CDs last night... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up two great CDs last night...
Page 1 of 1