Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
mc666
AchrisK
Shiney
Metal Misfit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Empty
PostSubject: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 5:05 pm

So today (being payday and all), I decided to splurge a bit and get my music fix, so I popped on in at the local FYE and snagged...

Tesla - Mechanical Resonance
Vains of Jenna - Lit Up/Let Down
Winger - IV

I'm just now starting to listen to Tesla.

VoJ is awesome, I've already listened to the whole CD. I frequently check the FYE here (it's half the size of most of their stores) for new hair metal stuff, but they never have any of'em. I wasn't even looking for them this time, but it caught my eye while digging through the CDs.

IV is good, I've heard a few tracks online before, and they were good enough alone to make it worth the purchase.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 5:13 pm

VAINS is great!!!

If you dig hair/sleaze metal and are looking for some new titles to check into here are a few cool bands I've been turned on to or discovered.

STAR RATS
MISS CRAZY
JOKER FIVE SPEED

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Shiney wrote:

STAR RATS
MISS CRAZY
JOKER FIVE SPEED

Thanks! I have a huge list of new sleaze & hair acts I'd like to check out, but most of them are only available online at pretty high prices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 6:43 pm

Good picks on Tesla and Winger. You can't go wrong with either band. IV is a really good album, but Pull remains Winger's best.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 6:55 pm

you don't wanna know what I think...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Mechanical Resonance is an awesome selection.I've never heard of Vains of Jenna. I haven't heard Winger IV but agree with Eyesore on Pull-a great release
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:25 pm

Mechanical Resonance kicks some serious arse and has stood the test of time rather than some of the other bands they were wrongfully thrown into in '86.

Never knew Winger issued another album after Pull...If its anything like Pull, I gats to pick her up.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:39 pm

you should have already owned that Tesla disc. shame on you! just kidding

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Tight N' Steel wrote:
Mechanical Resonance kicks some serious arse and has stood the test of time rather than some of the other bands they were wrongfully thrown into in '86.

Never knew Winger issued another album after Pull...If its anything like Pull, I gats to pick her up.
Check out "The Great Escape" here:

http://www.myspace.com/wingertheband

And then listen to a medly of tunes here:

http://www.myspace.com/cenkeroglu

Winger also released a 2CD demos/rarities collection recently.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 2:43 am

Tesla kicks ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 7:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
Good picks on Tesla and Winger. You can't go wrong with either band. IV is a really good album, but Pull remains Winger's best.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 8:03 am

Great picks on Tesla and Vains of Jenna,havent heard the Winger.The Tesla is a classic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 3:18 pm

Cheers Eyesore...those Winger tunes are bloody decent.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 11:04 pm

Tesla and Winger are good picks!
The new Winger is very solid and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
I love 'Down Incognito' from Pull, but that's all I've ever heard from it. One of these days I'll finally snatch it from my CD Universe wishlist.

mc666 wrote:
you should have already owned that Tesla disc. shame on you! just kidding
Hey, I'm not one of you old-timers who GREW UP with this stuff and owned the album since the day it was released! Razz

I've always heard good things about Resonance, but for some reason I just never got around to picking it up, even though I love Great Radio Controversy & Into the Now. Looking forward to their new cover album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:43 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

Thanks! I have a huge list of new sleaze & hair acts I'd like to check out, but most of them are only available online at pretty high prices.

You might also want to check out CRASHDIET (their "Rest In Sleaze" album from a few years ago sounds like it fell out a time machine straight outta 1988!) and HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, two killer 80s style sleaze/glam bands from Sweden, if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 9:52 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Hey, I'm not one of you old-timers who GREW UP with this stuff and owned the album since the day it was released! Razz

I've always heard good things about Resonance, but for some reason I just never got around to picking it up, even though I love Great Radio Controversy & Into the Now. Looking forward to their new cover album.
Bust A Nut and Psychotic Supper are both awesome, as well. And Five Man Acoustical jam is one of the best live albums you'll ever hear. Seriously, Tesla are simply one of the most underrated rock bands ever.

If you're a Def Leppard fan at all, and know Steve Clark's playing style, you've really got to hear "Song & Emotion" off of Psychotic Supper. The song gives me chills every time I hear it.

Last edited by on Sun May 06, 2007 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 2:38 pm

'Some And Emotion' indeed...I'm a DJ and play it for the slow shite before Du Hast or something...ppl dig it haven't heard a complaint to throw on some Hinder (gimmie a break like I'd play/own that) or anything...

TESLA baby
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 3:00 pm

AchrisK wrote:
you don't wanna know what I think...

Yah, I second that.

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 8:05 am

I've never heard VoJ. But I've never really been a fan of Winger or Tesla. I used to own a Tesla record, but traded it in. I'm more of an extreme metal fan; I'm pretty picky about hair metal stuff--like Nu-Metal or Metalcore, it has to be pretty special (and pretty heavy) before I'll bother with it.

)+(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Great Tesla album. Have not heard the others
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?   Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up a few CDs today... what'cha think?
Page 1 of 1