Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?

Go down 
+16
nevermore
Selvmord
Thrasher73
DeathCult
the sentinel
jstate
mc666
Fat Freddy
sam
manny
Troublezone
skullsmasher
Tall Tyrion
kmorg
Chairman_Smith
DallasBlack
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:32 am

Or am I the only one. I listened to it for the first time in over 10 years today and I still like it the same as back then. After hearing most of Dio's other discs I can see that it is the weakest one I've heard but I don't think it's as bad as everyone else says it is. Ulitimatily it doesn't matter, as long as I like it then that's all that counts, but I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:34 am

No you aren't the only one. I have been hearing it alot lately and after many years, I have come to appreciate it. I like it better than alot of his new stuff. Even more than the *gasp* Doug Aldrich and Craig Goldy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:37 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Or am I the only one. I listened to it for the first time in over 10 years today and I still like it the same as back then. After hearing most of Dio's other discs I can see that it is the weakest one I've heard but I don't think it's as bad as everyone else says it is. Ulitimatily it doesn't matter, as long as I like it then that's all that counts, but I'm just curious.

I love it!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:03 am

It's ok. I think I used to like it better before.

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 am

I don't remember it, but it sounds like an album that was simply ahead of its' time. Happens every now and then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:50 am

Haven't heard it since it came out. The last Dio album I bought was Dream Evil...and the only song I remember from that is "Sunset Superman" which is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 am

I like it, although I'm not as familiar with it as the albums that came before it. I remember it as being a solid album.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:00 am

I like it, still play it regularly.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:55 am

It's his best outside the Vivian Campbell albums.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:34 am

I love Lock Up the Wolves, still play it
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:44 am

It's petty sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:15 pm

I like it, never realized how many albums I like were panned until the internet. Ignorance is bliss.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:37 pm

"Lock Up..." falls somewhere in the middle of the Dio pack for me. I do really like the title track and "Hey Angel" but the rest is somewhat forgettable.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:31 pm

i like it fine, it holds up with most of his catalog with exception of the first 4.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:25 pm

Liked it when it first came out. Never really played it at all through the years. Don't know why. Then I saw all the negative feelings people have towards it. I mistakenly just sort of took that to mean it must not really be any good. So it continued to sit un-played.

Earlier this year I went on a Dio bender going through everything. Lock Up The Wolves was the big surprise. Maybe it was lowered expectations - but I really liked it. Subsequent listening has only confirmed that.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Dallas, I absolutely love that album. One of my all time favorite Dio discs. Favorite tracks: Twisted, My Eyes, Walk on Water, Why Are They Watchin' Me, and Born on the Sun. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Probably my favorite Dio after the first 4
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:32 pm

I like it just fine
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Love Lock Up the WOlves. Angry Machines is way weaker in my opinion....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:27 pm

It's a good record.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:33 pm

I agree, I liked the album when it came out in 90, I think, and I still like it. I had never heard "Angry Machines" until a couple of months ago, which to me is easily Dio's worst album. Never understood what the fuss was over "Lock Up The Wolves"??
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:22 pm

This thread prompted me to dust off LOCK UP THE WOLVES and put it in my tote bag for the trip to work tomorrow. It will be the first time I've listened to it in quite some time; I'll try to post my thoughts on it after it's had a spin or two.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:57 am

Lock Up The Wolves is a vastly underrated CD. I think it is great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:16 am

Gave this one another spin this AM... and I stick by my original comments earlier in this thread. It's decent, but not one of Dio's best. "Hey Angel" and the title track are still my faves. "Walk on Water" isn't bad either. The rest just kinda sits there.

Overall it's not on par with, say, LAST IN LINE or DREAM EVIL but it's better than ANGRY MACHINES.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:05 pm

I like it much better than Dream Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?   Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody Actually Like Lock Up The Wolves?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next