Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
Smindas
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Empty
PostSubject: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:23 am

Last night at the Phillies game, during the intro of the Florida Marlins starting Line-up, the dj played "Fish Heads". I cracked up. For you young kids out there, there was a time when MTV actually played music videos and this song was in heavy rotation. Classic!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXA_pkfLso&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:46 am

They can't play baseball

They don't wear sweaters

They're not good dancers

They don't play drums

lol!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:40 pm

Ah, Dr. Demento. What a crazy man.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Gack! Now I'm gonna have this damn song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

I can back up MG71's statement that this video used to get some pretty heavy MTV play. Funny to think that if it were released today they probably wouldn't touch it with a ten foot marital aid.

The video used to creep me out something awful when I was a kid! Something about those fish heads wearing party hats just didn't sit right with me!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:20 pm

When it was getting heavy rotation, there weren't that many music videos, I do believe.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:26 pm

spectrefate wrote:
When it was getting heavy rotation, there weren't that many music videos, I do believe.

Well yea, we're talking 1981-82, when MTV first went on the air. They probably only had a couple of hundred videos to play at that time; and since they didn't have any original programming and 24 hours of air time to fill, they'd throw on any ol' weird piece of sh*t video that was given to them in those days. I remember seeing The Residents (the guys with the big eyeball masks) a lot back then too. Now you wanna talk WEIRD... Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:08 pm

I love BARNES & BARNES as well as THE RESIDENTS

I find it cool that half of BARNES is BILLY MUMY from LOST IN SPACE....

"Rolypolyfisheadsareneverseendrinkingcappucinoinitalianresturauntswithorientalwomen.....Yeah"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Shiney wrote:

I find it cool that half of BARNES is BILLY MUMY from LOST IN SPACE....

...wasn't actor Bill Paxton ("Aliens, "Weird Science," etc.) involved with this project somehow too? He's in the "Fish Heads" video, not sure if he was a band member though.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:18 am

Paxton was just an actor friend who was in their videos...

BARNES & BARNES was just duo made up of Billy Mumy and another dude who's name escapes me...

I have a few B&B cds...great stuff....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:43 am

Quote :
I have a few B&B cds...great stuff....

A few? How many cd's did these guys put out? Was it all silly Dr. Demento type soongs?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Since I mentioned The Residents earlier... here's one of theirs that I remember from the early days of MTV (and which also creeped me out just like the "Fish Heads" video)... they should've played with Barnes & Barnes, they could've called it the "Vaguely Disturbing Tour"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Well yea, we're talking 1981-82, when MTV first went on the air. They probably only had a couple of hundred videos to play at that time; and since they didn't have any original programming and 24 hours of air time to fill, they'd throw on any ol' weird piece of sh*t video that was given to them in those days. I remember seeing The Residents (the guys with the big eyeball masks) a lot back then too. Now you wanna talk WEIRD... Smile

Yea, you know they were light on material back when they first came on the air. Those first 2 years had some of the most ecclectic/bizzarre assortment of videos you'd ever see.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Barnes & Barnes have only a few that were availible on cd, I recommend "Voobaha" as it is a "best of" collection of sorts...and yeah most of their ditties are left of center....and weird...

THE RESIDENTS (whom I love as well) have nearly 40 albums and are just as anonymous today as they were when they began in the early 70's...rumours of membership have included all from PENN GILLETTE and MARK MOTHERSBAUGH to LES CLAYPOOL and others....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks, now I have this stupid song stuck in my head!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:30 am

Here's another weird one from the early days of MTV that used to creep me out... must've been the guy's head coming out of the pot of beans...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:36 am

I've been singing this song to the twins as I feed them. They laugh when I get real close to their face and say "Eat em up YUM!". My wife wants me to stop, but they eat their strained peas with glee, so who am I to disrupt their eating habits?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Here's another weird one from the early days of MTV that used to creep me out... must've been the guy's head coming out of the pot of beans...

Hey, I recognize that song! Didn't Celtic Frost do a cover of that? I remember it from Parched With Thirst.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:11 pm

Yep, they sure did the Wall of Voodoo " Mexican Radio" a true classic
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:46 pm

Yea, Celtic Frost did indeed cover "Mexican Radio" -- though whatever possessed them to do so is still a mystery. Shocked

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!   Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fish Heads...Eat 'Em Up...Yum!!
Page 1 of 1