Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite christian thrash band?

Go down 
+17
T-Roy
DallasBlack
AchrisK
Required Fields
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
thejokeriv
kmorg
mc666
Lurideath
arttieTHE1manparty
Follower of Jesus
ultmetal
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
sovdat
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Your favourite christian thrash band?
BELIEVER
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
DELIVERANCE
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 9 ]
DETRITUS
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
LIVING SACRIFICE
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
SACRAMENT
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
SEVENTH ANGEL
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
TOURNIQUET
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 9 ]
ULTIMATUM
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
VENGEANCE RISING
Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 8 ]
VIKING
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 11:06 am

Quote :
They weren't. Read Scott's comments. That band
really sold out, though, not because of music, but because the lead
singer, in an interview, HATES metal now, and is a preacher.

Where did you read this?

Ron Eriksen is a preacher, but for the longest time he had the entire Man of Straw album for free download on his church's web site. If he hates metal, I think he wouldn't have been offering this. He also had an entire page dedicated to Viking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 pm

Gotta be the Ultidoods... They were the first to introduce me to Thrash-style music. I still don't like all the bands on the list, but there are some good ones.

To me, Ultimatum has the full package. Great solos, very cool and unique vocals, super solid rythm, great lyrics, and they are all great guys as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:02 pm

metallinostheos wrote:
Gotta be the Ultidoods... They were the first to introduce me to Thrash-style music. I still don't like all the bands on the list, but there are some good ones.

To me, Ultimatum has the full package. Great solos, very cool and unique vocals, super solid rythm, great lyrics, and they are all great guys as well.

And I only had to pay him $20 to say all those things. :lol!:

Seriously thought, thanks for those comments metallios.

ult
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:15 pm

I picked Believer. To me their first album was the first release in the "Christian market" that could totally stand against any secular thrash release at the time. Since then I have come to see Vengeance - Human Sacrifice as a worthy and unique release, but at the time it was a second class release in my eyes. Deliverance has always just been meh to me.

ack
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:44 pm

"Human Sacrifice" was one of those releases that blew me away from the first listen. It has such a raw energy; that same energy that I heard in "Kill 'Em All", "Killing Is My Business", etc.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Required Fields wrote:
OnEaglesWings wrote:
i didnt even know Viking were a christian band. i picked deliverance though |m|

They weren't. Read Scott's comments. That band really sold out, though, not because of music, but because the lead singer, in an interview, HATES metal now, and is a preacher.

righto, haha guess i should listen to details eh? by the way i cant stand people who say the style of music in satanic and stuff (although some bands are, but not metal as a whole). its just heavy. psh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:43 pm

I'm not christian, but I dig metal for what it is... metal. Deliverance got my vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 5:36 am

Hi there...my first appearance on this board! Greetings to everybody from Germany!

I bought Human Sacrifice as soon, as it was available. I blew me and a lot of my (nonchristian) friends away...

But meanwhile, there are so much fantastic, creative, brutal bands out there...i couldn't tell which one i like best.

Yesterday i was listening for the first time to the 3 sacrificium songs on their myspace site....Wooooah! FANTASTIC...some of them used to attend the same church as i did...some years ago...at that time they just were a "hobby-band"...an today?

Markus
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 12:56 pm

The new Sacrificium album is good enough, alright. Especially the first 3 tracks. Wouldn't call them thrash though... Have you even heard their cover of White Throne?

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 am

I've heard the cover! I like it very much. Thats equal with the original to me (me!)....

You wouldn't call it Thrash...that makes me thinking of all those "genre-types" again. I never was much into those specifications of metal...what is thrash, what is death, what is black, metalcore, hardcore...etc....

Might be a good subject for another discussion...

So long...from Germany!

Markus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 10:55 am

Deliverance and Sacrament aew awesome bands
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 12:49 pm

Tourniquet because they were my first. I heard older Mortification and Living Sacrifice long before but that was during their death metal days.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:10 pm

I said VR because Human Sacrifice was the first thrash tape that just
blew me away when i was a pup. But current bands....Ultimatum hands
down over all the big names even.

And gosh darn it, STOP CALLING DELIVERANCE THRASH! lol!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:32 pm

If only Living Sacrifice had stayed on the same path as they did on their debut album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:17 pm

GrandNational wrote:
If only Living Sacrifice had stayed on the same path as they did on their debut album.

I agree. I saw Living Sacrifice on tour for their first album and they played a few "new" songs. Those songs never made it to a studio, although I think one of them was converted into a death metal song. It's a shame, they were a great thrash band but decided instead to follow the trends in heavy music.

I find it amusing that people mock Bride for following trends and at the same time praise Living Sacrifice.

Another band I forgot about was DECISION D. A bizarre band for sure. Technical thrash metal with the most bizarre vocalist.

There really aren't a whole lot of Christian thrash metal bands around these days.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:48 pm

I'm confused, is Viking a Christian band or not? Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:53 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Not a Christian band in the traditional sense. They were a thrash band on Metal Blade in the 80's. After their first album their singer and guitarist became Christians so their follow-up album "Man of Straw" had some Christian-influenced lyrics. Check my site for some lyrics.

Also, check out the lyrics on REALM on my site, and the WAYNE album. David Wayne (R.I.P.), ex-Metal Church also became a Christian.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:00 pm

T-Roy wrote:

What else would you call them?They started out a Thrash band,and their newest release is plenty thrashy!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

What
else would you call them?They started out a Thrash band,and their
newest release is plenty thrashy!
WELL, I DON'T KNOW!

1989 i feel was more classic speed and heavy metal. WOOW to me was
pure, clean speed/heavy metal. Not thrashy at all IMO. WAJ, I'll say
had some thrash but certainly not thrash on any level of VR,
Tourniquet, Living Sacrifice or Mortification at that time. They were
just so much cleaner and crisper to me. SOE, certainly melodic heavy
metal, one speed song, no thrash and IMO would hold all the way through
up to As Above-So Below. Which i have to say, has a thrash sound.
Although, the only Big D I do not have or have listen too is River
Disturbance. I plan to though!

I guess I would classify them as melodic/speed metal or progressive metal?

Last edited by on Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Not a Christian band in the traditional sense. They were a thrash band on Metal Blade in the 80's. After their first album their singer and guitarist became Christians so their follow-up album "Man of Straw" had some Christian-influenced lyrics. Check my site for some lyrics.

Also, check out the lyrics on REALM on my site, and the WAYNE album. David Wayne (R.I.P.), ex-Metal Church also became a Christian.

NOTE: I take back what I said about Viking earlier. It wasn't entirely true, although I vaguely recalled reading statements like that in an interview with Ron Daniel (known as Ron Eriksen in Viking). I guess I misinterpreted his points the wrong way or something.

I even talked to Ron online not long ago, he seems like a really, really cool guy.

Scott, Ron is the singer/guitarist for Viking. Matt, the drummer, was the other member who became a Christian. When I talked to Ron, I asked him if Matt became Christian "through Ron's influence" or if it was a coincidence. He said that "Matt is his own man", and he had little to nothing with Matt becoming a Christian. It is kind of weird that two performers in the same band would convert to Christianity a few months apart without one of them influencing the other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Bouke777
Metal novice
Metal novice
Bouke777

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:22 am

ultmetal wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

I agree. I saw Living Sacrifice on tour for their first album and they played a few "new" songs. Those songs never made it to a studio, although I think one of them was converted into a death metal song. It's a shame, they were a great thrash band but decided instead to follow the trends in heavy music.

I find it amusing that people mock Bride for following trends and at the same time praise Living Sacrifice.

Another band I forgot about was DECISION D. A bizarre band for sure. Technical thrash metal with the most bizarre vocalist.

There really aren't a whole lot of Christian thrash metal bands around these days.

DECISION D... dutch thrash band.. i liked thier second album the most..

but for this list i probally go for viking... they're just so fast and my type thrash...
tourniquet is great too.. it was my first thrash band..but i listened to much, so 'my interrest is @ other bands now..
i found ALLOT of christian thrash metal bands... and they're all fine..
,the moshketeers ( i know ult likes them very much but they're not on the list.. or i didn't saw it )
some more bands i know:
Tefilla Summoned Salutary Oil The Encircled Exodo Detritus Betrayal Creation Of Death Eternal Decision Consecrator One Bad Pig Recon Haven Immortal Precious Death The Crucified Disaffection Possession Tempest White Ray Die Happy Heavens Force Living Sacrifice Grave Forsaken Prophets On Vacation The Lead Advocate Absurt2 Deracination Mission Of Christ Teramaze Boarders Echo Hollow Screams Of Chaos Sain Spirit Martyr Unleashed Power Chain Flesh Reborn Last Descendants Rapture Step Cousin Temple of blood Decision D Thresher Arnion Minier Extol Jesus Freaks Kronk
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BOUKEBANDSTRA?feature=mhum
Bouke777
Metal novice
Metal novice
Bouke777

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:33 am

oh..
and maybe some news...

VIKING IS BACK

with glenn rogers on guitar Very Happy

that's just.. one of the best things i ever heard in my life Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BOUKEBANDSTRA?feature=mhum
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:29 pm

Ha -just found this poll... it's only four years old Razz

Voted for Deliverance, becuase i've enjoyed the whole catalogue. Could've voted for Ultimatum (haven't played the debut much, though, but they're in the mix), VR (only really loved the first two), or Tourniquet (the first four). Seventh Angel and Detritus were great, but different on each of their initial two releases, and didn't release enough material.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:43 pm

I went Believer. Great stuff!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite christian thrash band?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2