Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite christian thrash band?

Go down 
+17
T-Roy
DallasBlack
AchrisK
Required Fields
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
thejokeriv
kmorg
mc666
Lurideath
arttieTHE1manparty
Follower of Jesus
ultmetal
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
sovdat
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Your favourite christian thrash band?
BELIEVER
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap14%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
DELIVERANCE
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap21%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 9 ]
DETRITUS
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap2%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
LIVING SACRIFICE
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap5%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
SACRAMENT
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap2%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
SEVENTH ANGEL
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap5%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
TOURNIQUET
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap21%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 9 ]
ULTIMATUM
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap9%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
VENGEANCE RISING
Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_lcap19%Favourite christian thrash band? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 8 ]
VIKING
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Favourite christian thrash band? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Of this ten, if your favourite isn't listed, then write it down!

My choice - Tourniquet (closely followed by Believer).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Seventh Angel for me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 2:20 pm

I would have to say Vengeance Rising.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 2:45 pm

Probably Vengeance Rising, as they were the first lyrically Christian band I heard.

It would be tough to rank them. I really dig 'em all!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 4:10 pm

I'll have to say BELIEVER....

But tell me more about this ULTIMATUM band....

Are they good? Do they rock!!???
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 8:16 pm

Probably Vengeance Rising. They have long been one of my favorites, but
Deliverance and Believer would come in a real close second.

I love Ultimatum. Smile Thanks to whoever voted for us. That's some tough competition there.

Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 8:34 pm

I had to go with Detritus. Their two albums are brilliant, especially "If But For One"...one of the best C-metal albums of all time period. I also REALLY like Believer!!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 10:17 pm

Believer, followed by Ultimatum, Vengeance, Tourniquet, and Deliverance.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 10:30 pm

Viking wasn't really Christian.

Voted Ulty. I think you guys have put out the most quality
material. VR was great, but Mr. Martinez ruined thier legacy for
me. Tourniquet, LS, and Deliverance never stuck with the style I
dig most, and the others only put out a couple of albums {a long time
ago].
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 11:21 pm

Viking was not a christian band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:09 am

early living sacrifice i guess

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 4:40 am

What about Man of Straw?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 8:16 am

A couple of the guys in Viking became Christians before the release of Man of Staw. A song like "The Trial" leaves no doubt about that. However, I don't think I would label them a Chrisian band either.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Vengeance, closly followed by Believer, Deliverance, Ultimatum etc...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Deliverance, followed by Believer. Met Jimmy Brown before a show in NC. They opened for One Bad Pig. They were playing the Recon CD before the show (before the album was released) and I remember think "Hey, is this the new helloween?") - the show was after Weapons was recorded, but before it was released. I missed most of the OBP show because I was back stage talking to Deliverance.

I saw Believer on the Extraction tour at this tiny club in Fredricksburg, Va - I was sore for the next week from the mosh pit. I met the band and remember Kurt telling us he drank chocolate milk before and during the show to "help"
his singing.

Saw Beliver
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 3:54 pm

Tourniquet, Deliverance, VR....never understood the appeal of Believer, too "much" for me, I guess...but clearly skilled guys with great lyrics...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 4:19 pm

I saw Deliverance and Believer together at the same show in
Germany. Took me almost 15 years to remember that (thanks Rex!).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 7:22 am

Sacrament is my choice.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 9:19 am

Wow! Votes are really spread out on this one. Surprised actually. I though Vengeance or Deliverance would take it.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 5:21 pm

I am not a Christian, but I do try and respect others beliefs. There are some really good Christian bands, that could and did easily compete with any secular bands. Out of that list I think the best is Living Sacrifice. As far as talent I would have to pick Sacrament, those guys are so talented. When I saw them live, i was floored
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 4:14 am

I'm not a christian too, and I really don't like the lyrics, which are, how should I say.. "over-the-top" preachy, for example Human Sacrifice - Jesus this, Jesus that... Tourniquet's last album has great lyrics in my opinion, or the last Devastation album (yes, I know that they aren't a christian band, but check Souls of Sacrifice (for example) lyrics, and check the liner notes too, and you'll see that they thank God on the first place...).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 5:25 am

Big D.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 8:37 pm

sovdat wrote:
I'm not a christian too, and I really don't like the lyrics, which are, how should I say.. "over-the-top" preachy, for example Human Sacrifice - Jesus this, Jesus that... Tourniquet's last album has great lyrics in my opinion, or the last Devastation album (yes, I know that they aren't a christian band, but check Souls of Sacrifice (for example) lyrics, and check the liner notes too, and you'll see that they thank God on the first place...).

Devastation are awesome. Yeah, I know they aren't a "Christian metal band", per se, although some of the songs have lyrics that can be interpreted as Christian. Idolatry is their best album...one of the most underrated metal bands of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 9:02 am

i didnt even know Viking were a christian band. i picked deliverance though |m|
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 9:24 am

OnEaglesWings wrote:
i didnt even know Viking were a christian band. i picked deliverance though |m|

They weren't. Read Scott's comments. That band really sold out, though, not because of music, but because the lead singer, in an interview, HATES metal now, and is a preacher.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite christian thrash band?   Favourite christian thrash band? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite christian thrash band?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next