Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Trouble for Trouble!

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
rattpoison
mc666
Fat Freddy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:18 pm

I'm not so worried about the lyrics but I haven't liked Kory's voice much in the past and it will change the sound. I will check it out though.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:19 pm

troublezone wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
troublezone wrote:
As long as Bruce is in he band i'll be a fan but one thing concerns me... Eric Wagner wrote all their lyrics and i don't think the new singer will be able to continue that style.

You'd think Eric's observations of a sick world would be in line with what Kory's got to say.

People keep going on about the differences and supposed incompatibilities between Trouble and Kory Clarke's music, but you would find alot of common ground both share musically and attitude wise.

But Eric puts a religious refrence to alot of his lyrics.

True and Kory comes from a more political leaning.......but they still arrive at the same themes and ideas in their lyrics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:11 am

They could still be a good band but they are NOT Trouble. Change the name, move on.

It's just not the same without Eric, love him or hate him there's no other vocalist on the planet that sounds quite like he does.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:22 am

Quote :
True and Kory comes from a more political leaning.......but they still arrive at the same themes and ideas in their lyrics.

...not to mention that they both have had well publicized substance problems.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:09 pm

I'm pretty sure that in the future when Eric gets clean from the drugs he will rejoin Trouble again like he did the first time he left to do the band LID. He even said in his farewell statement that he couldn't continue touring "at this time", meaning maybe in the future he will feel up to it. Anyways... i feel that Kory being in the band is just for the next album and to fulfill the remainder of this tours obligations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:55 pm

troublezone wrote:
I'm pretty sure that in the future when Eric gets clean from the drugs he will rejoin Trouble again like he did the first time he left to do the band LID. He even said in his farewell statement that he couldn't continue touring "at this time", meaning maybe in the future he will feel up to it. Anyways... i feel that Kory being in the band is just for the next album and to fulfill the remainder of this tours obligations.

I have a feeling it's only for touring obligations, my gut tells me this lineup will never record.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:10 am

detuned wrote:
troublezone wrote:

I have a feeling it's only for touring obligations, my gut tells me this lineup will never record.

You're probably right because they didn't record with Kyle Thomas when he was in the band. I hope Eric just comes back when he feels better about touring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :
I felt like I was never taken seriously as a musician

You would think, after all these years, that's how all drummers are treated.

Wasn't that an old joke?

What do you call a guy that hangs out with musicians all day?

A drummer.

Laughing very hard

I always thought it was a singer... Cool
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :

You would think, after all these years, that's how all drummers are treated.

Wasn't that an old joke?

What do you call a guy that hangs out with musicians all day?

A drummer.

Laughing very hard

I always thought it was a singer... Cool

No, that was the drummer's response...

What do you call a guy whose girlfriend supports him?

A musician (or lead singer, take your pick).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Nah, the lead singer one goes like this...

How many lead singers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

1. They just stand there and hold the bulb and wait for the entire world to revolve around them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:28 pm

How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

5. One to do it and 4 to criticize his technique and claim they can do it better.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:25 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :

You would think, after all these years, he would know that's how all drummers are treated.

I seriously doubt that Neal Pert is treated that way!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:33 pm

Q: How can you tell when the stage is level?
A: The drool is running out of both sides of the drummer's mouth.

Q: What do you call a drummer that just broke up with his girlfriend?
A: Homeless.

Q: How do you know when there's a singer at the door?
A: He's forgotten the key and doesn't know when to come in.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Trouble for Trouble!   More Trouble for Trouble! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Trouble for Trouble!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2