Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heathens Rage - The Years Of Rage

Go down 
+4
arttieTHE1manparty
sovdat
ultmetal
Wargod
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Heathens Rage - The Years Of Rage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage - The Years Of Rage   Heathens Rage - The Years Of Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:26 pm

BTW, if you like all this old US, underground, 1980's metal, make sure to check out D.T. Seizure.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/dtsiezure.htm

Heathens Rage - The Years Of Rage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage - The Years Of Rage   Heathens Rage - The Years Of Rage - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
syrus wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I know they performed with S.O.D., Anthrax, The Ramones and several other bigger acts. I saw them with a few local bands, but cannot remember much about them. I saw tons of local NJ bands back in the early 80's. However, I can't even remember the names of most of them.

I don't ever remember seeing them play with Tantrum, but I went away to college in 1985 and didn't see them live very much after that.

They put out another demo without Bob Pizzauro on vocals. It was quite good as well. Use to have it. Sadly, don't own it anymore. I cannot remember who the vocalist was on that last demo.

Guitarist Tony Lee has a myspace. You can find him in my friends list if you wish to contact him. However, he has distanced himself from metal completely. He is know a dance club DJ in NYC.

vielen dank for this cult info. anything about heathen's rage or tantrum(i could name you many great NJ acts: brute force, overlorde, sleepy hollow, deadly blessing, optimus prime, obliterator, altered state, superstition, exxplorer, ziad, autumn silence,etc etc) is like reading the bible for me. actually warner made 2 demos after the departure of lee and disapearrance of the mighty bob pizzauro. one with 4 tracks and one with 7. they didn't have any cover etc. neither do i remember the name of the vocalist. lee after his depatrure made a demo with the mediocre drunken angel and some albums with railroad jerks(never heard of them). i think that the chemistry was lost after lee's deparure and especially pizzauro's disappearance. still today i never manage to learn anything about him. the great "short with the high throat,hehehe. i'll contact lee(danke again) just to show some appreciation and worship. after all he was a great knight of steel,hehehe....

Ahhh, but the demo after bob and tony did have a cover on it. I WISH I still had that sucker. I'll never find that again. The tape was given to me by the (now) owner of Rock Dreams Records.

Also, Warner put out a demo with his own band titled WARNER in the mid-80's. I never heard that one.

There were several other popular metal bands from NJ during that time as well. My brother may still a have some demos by some of those old bands. Faust was a popular thrash/speed metal band. (At least I think that was the spelling). I know he still has that demo tape.

Drunken Angel wasn't bad. They had a sleazy metal sound, like early Guns n Roses, but heavier. I had that demo too.

whoah...cult info. i must now find that warner stuff. i guess no sleep tonight. hehehe, about the cover of the demo you might be right. mine is without cover. and i've got it from rock dream when i purchased 5 copies of the tantrum ep(still have 2 sealed, one with sticker and one without, for the memories of the great NJ scene) and 5 heathen's rage. if i recall right it was sent as a gift to me. i never actually requested it, but i guess i paid it with the huge phone bill,hehehe. i still remember that the postal expenses were higher than the money of the 10 ep's,hehehe( $50 for the eps, 60 or 70 for registered shipping)....and the smurfer from whom i bought the dollars deceived me in the rate back then....at least they weren't fake....
Back to top Go down

Heathens Rage - The Years Of Rage
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2