Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heathens Rage news

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
sovdat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 10:49 am

From Keep it True organizers:

We continue very fast with new band announcements. This time we have the reunion of a real cult band for you. Legendary HEATHEN’S RAGE will play their very first European show at KIT. The band will consist of 3 out of 4 original members (Rob Warner, Mike LePond (Symphony X) and Chris Teresyn). Unfortunately singer Bob Pizzauro could not be part of the reunion, but we have an even better singer for you. Alan Tecchio (Hades/Watchtower) will be the singer for HEATHEN’S RAGE. Prespare for the “Knights OF Steel”.

+ apparently the EP will be officially rereleased on No Remorse records.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:38 am

Neat-O. Ult will be overjoyed. New Jersey represent!  \'arry \'eadbanger 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:26 pm

I'm psyched about the EP finally being re-released.

As for the press release, A better singer? NO! A good singer, yes. Bob Pizzauro's voice is part of what made Heathens Rage so great. He had charisma and style.

Also, it's only 3 out of 5 original members, since Heathens Rage was a five piece. Also missing is guitarist Tony Lee.

Heathens Rage news 1517645_683902241675188_6542830338639925887_n

Heathens Rage news 10255554_683923081673104_838845494208147072_n

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:30 pm

I'd certainly like to hear that ep. I've only ever heard of this band through Ult's sight but he has definitely piqued my interest.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:32 pm

007 wrote:
I'd certainly like to hear that ep.

Arkayne New Jersey steele for only the tr00, ehehehehehehehe Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Sounds like typical 80s metal, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:41 pm

It's unfortunate that the recording on the EP was so weak. The songs were so great. I watched them practice and saw them live more times than I can remember.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Cool! Great that Alan has a new gig too.

That "better singer" dig was unwarranted.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 4:31 pm

I received in the mail a week or so ago the "Knights Of Steel" anthology put out by No Remorse Records that had been hinted at for some time now. I am very impressed by the work put into this release. A nice 32 page booklet filled with photos and flyers and nice reflections from various band members via interview questions. The 2 discs have 30 tracks between them but 13 songs are repeated and taken from different demos that they did. Very nice to be able to get hear "Power Of The Sword"; which according to the booklet was the first song the band came up with. And also to hear the 4 songs they recorded with second vocalist Gene Geary.
Also from the booklet (which is wild) is that the band was around 15/16 when they started and could not play the clubs in the beginning so they would rent their own hall and print the tickets and put on their own shows.
Also mentioned is that the band also recorded a demo in 1983 that included 3 covers: Rod of Iron (Lizzy Borden), Burn the Sun (Virgin Steele), Detroit Rock City (Kiss); but sadly these never made it to the compilation. Would like to hear those.
Overall, a top notch release.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Got knights of steel the anthology, today in my mailbox.

Excellent speed metal band.happy to add these guys to my cd collection.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Nice. I received that Knights of Steel on vinyl and should be getting an autographed copy of the CD in the future.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 6:47 am

Excellent show at Keep it True. Alan Tecchio fits in perfectly!

Here's one clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_f7DPE1BZ4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heathens Rage news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heathens Rage news   Heathens Rage news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heathens Rage news
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: