Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"

Go down 
+16
TheGooch
sam
Leatherface
EvyMetal
Lurideath
ultmetal
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
TrogDawn
INVADERS
DeathCult
Thrasher73
mc666
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 pm

if it sells, then there was a point.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:45 pm

mc666 wrote:
if it sells, then there was a point.

But creatively, no. I knew someone was going to bring up money. Razz

I don't want bands I like covering themselves, I'd rather they come up with something new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:53 pm

The question is: "Is this really necessary??".... scratch

Hmmmmm.... Guess not!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:30 am

Here's the new artwork.

Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 2809209181_56a13ac238
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:39 am

troublezone wrote:
Here's the new artwork.

Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 2809209181_56a13ac238

Let there be an original album title that doesn't knock off AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:34 am

any body else fin that picture rather funny?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

looks cool to me. i'll be picking this up. Maybe I should listen to the original before then haha. I got it from locky a while back and never finished the whole cd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:50 pm

I'll I can think of is oh no. I don't really like Rob Dukes singing but now he's singing on one of my favorite records that had one of my favorite singers of all time.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 7:06 pm

nevermore wrote:
I won't bother with this.

Here here it's senseless!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:43 pm

I am sick of this trend where bands are re-recording some of their classic songs, what is the point, it will never replace the original recordings in terms of style, memories of the fans etc, even when the recordings turn out half way decent, it is dead end creatively and I would rather see this band create a studio album with new songs or just issue a live album with the classic tracks.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 2:42 am

great artwork. i look forward to hearing it.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:38 am

Looks cool. Might pick it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:02 pm

I got the promo in the mail...haven't listened to it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 am

This is pretty cool. I have no ties to the original (I've heard it, though) so the remakes aren't bothering me...I like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:17 am

I musta been outta the loop on this thread. I'm just seeing that cover for the 1st time. Bitchin' artwork! Still ain't buying it, but cool cover nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:21 am

When is the release date?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 am

ultmetal wrote:

October 28th.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

October 28th.

Ahhh, same day as the new Once Dead.

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:04 pm

The Greater of two Evils was totally blasphemy! Anthrax will rot in hell for that one.

As far as this release, I say "Exo-Who?" [Although, I did think Dukes was very sincere in that first article. So, I will at least give him kudos for being cool like that]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:05 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
The Greater of two Evils was totally blasphemy!

I rather enjoyed that one. Its the best thing that was produced during the Bush era, IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:15 pm

spectrefate wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

I rather enjoyed that one. Its the best thing that was produced during the Bush era, IMO.

I liked that one too. Same with Saxon's Heavy Metal Thunder. I don't mind that Exodus is re-recording the album, I'm just not a fan of Dukes. Now if it was Souza re-doing it, well then sign me up, sailor!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I liked that one too. Same with Saxon's Heavy Metal Thunder. I don't mind that Exodus is re-recording the album, I'm just not a fan of Dukes. Now if it was Souza re-doing it, well then sign me up, sailor!

Yeah, what he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Quote :
SAXON1500 wrote:

Even the title reaks. the GREATER? Screw that. Let's see Belladonna do an Armored Saint cover album. Love Bush [haha], but that album should not have ever been made. Sing Belladonnas stuff in concert, no prob. But Scott and Charlie can bite me for cashing in on Belladonnas legacy. And anyone that saw the reunon tour knows who the rightful singer of that band is.

Yes, I could go on forever about this....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:18 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Even the title reaks. the GREATER? Screw that. Let's see Belladonna do an Armored Saint cover album. Love Bush [haha], but that album should not have ever been made. Sing Belladonnas stuff in concert, no prob. But Scott and Charlie can bite me for cashing in on Belladonnas legacy. And anyone that saw the reunon tour knows who the rightful singer of that band is.

Yes, I could go on forever about this....

Belladonna's legacy? I think its ANTHRAX's legacy. Unfortunately if you ask John Q Public about Belladonna's legacy, you'll probably be told that he couldn't stay in a cash cow band. I'm sure there are valid reasons why he left, but alot of people (including myself) do not know what they are and don't consider them when forming an opinion of Belladonna's choices.

I think Anthrax was making lemonade with all the lemons they made in the mid to late 90's and tried to salvage something noteworthy. But you are 1000% right. I have tried to like Bush in Anthrax, but Belladonna is hands down the voice of Anthrax. Bush is the voice of Armored Saint. I just wish Belladonna would have stayed in Anthrax. Either time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Screw Metallica.

[That's all I could think of right now]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next