Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"

Go down 
+16
TheGooch
sam
Leatherface
EvyMetal
Lurideath
ultmetal
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
TrogDawn
INVADERS
DeathCult
Thrasher73
mc666
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Empty
PostSubject: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:32 pm

EXODUS has just completed work on a re-recording of its classic 1985 debut album, "Bonded by Blood". Produced by guitarist Gary Holt, the new CD — entitled "Let there be Blood" — was recorded at Sharkbite Studios in Oakland, California; JKZ Production Studio in San Rafael, California; with vocal tracks recorded at J. Rod Production Studios in New City, New York. Andy Sneap is currently mixing the CD at his Backstage studio in Derbyshire, England. An October 2008 release through Zaentz Records is expected.

EXODUS vocalist Rob Dukes released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the band's decision to re-record "Bonded by Blood":

"Paul [Baloff, former EXODUS vocalist who passed away in 2002] was rad, totally original. He was not like [METALLICA's James] Hetfield or [SLAYER's Tom] Araya. I think at times he wanted to be but he was simply himself. He had a really cool way of going up with his voice in the weirdest spots. I, myself, find it cool and original.

"I have been singing these songs regularly for three years now and I have totally made them my own but with all the nuances that Paul threw in. I have a different voice than Paul, so it would be kinda stupid to just mimic him, but I definitely bite his style but try to remain myself.

"This record is a total homage to him with modern technology and for fun. If he was around, which it is unfortunate that he not, he would be doing this record.

"My life is cool now, but it was cool before I joined EXODUS; I made good money had a great apartment in L.A. and I traveled everywhere and surfed regularly.

'Honestly, I would rather hear Paul re-record this.

"I will give these songs all the venom and hate I can give, and it's all for the love I have for these songs and this band. If those out there don't like it, and think it's not good, listen to the original — it will always stand the test of time."

I'm no fan of Dukes, so I'm not real keen on this idea. Anyone else think this is a good idea?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 pm

This band lost whatever good sense it had when Souza left.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Dukes doing those songs is a joke, worst idea ever....
Like Spec said, Exodus after Souza is totally lost sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Agreed.

This reminds me of the SNL commercial for "Bad Idea Jeans".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

This reminds me of the SNL commercial for "Bad Idea Jeans".

You are so right. Smile

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10310/saturday-night-live-bad-idea-jeans
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:37 pm

i like Dukes 100x more than Souza, yet not as much as Baloff. still, i look forward to hearing this. out of curiosity more than anything.

they should have rerecorded Sousa's material rather than a classic like Bonded By Blood.

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:01 pm

A complete waste of time. Almost as bad as those horrible Megadeth reissues from 2004....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:07 pm

spectrefate wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:12 pm

What a waste.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:14 pm

i prefer Dukes over Souza.
Souza voice to me was very irritating for some reason.
i'll be interested to hear what this sounds like.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:09 pm

I thought this stupid trend had finally burned itself out...apparently not. lame
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Well I dont know if this will be any good, But i'll still give it a shot. I grew up listening to Souza so Im more familiar with his vocals than I am with Baloff. Im still trying to get used to Dukes but I dunno it just reminds me of some nu metal bands vocals or something.

Read this news the other day and checked out the songs on their myspace page and it sounds pretty cool. I miss hearing Souza's voice in exodus but this band should be something good. A lot of great musicians involved.

Former EXODUS frontman Steve "Zetro" Souza has released a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding his decision to join TENET, the Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada-based project led by Jed Simon (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, ZIMMERS HOLE).

TENET's debut album, "Sovereign", will be released late 2008/early 2009 via Century Media Recocrds.

TENET is:

* Jed Simon (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, ZIMMERS HOLE) - Guitar/Vocals
* Gene Hoglan (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, DEATH, TESTAMENT, DARK ANGEL) - Drums
* Glen Alvelais (FORBIDDEN, TESTAMENT) - Lead Guitar
* Byron Stroud (FEAR FACTORY) - Bass
* Steve "Zetro" Souza (EXODUS, LEGACY) – Vocals
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 pm

INVADERS wrote:
i prefer Dukes over Souza.
Souza voice to me was very irritating for some reason.
ditto humble

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:27 pm

I won't bother with this.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:21 pm

I like some of these re-recording. The recent Molly Hatchet recordings were awesome! I dig the Anthrax re-recordings with John Bush. Some people hated the Testament re-recordings, but I enjoyed them. I suppose this could be cool too. I'm not a big fan of Dukes vocal style, I much prefer Baloff or Souza, but who knows? Gotta hear it first.

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Didn't Venom also do some re-recordings?

Gotta love revisionist history...the worst still has to be Ozzy re-recording the rhythm tracks to Blizzard Of Ozz & Diary Of A Madman. Glad I still have those on vinyl.

I wish people would just LEAVE SH*T ALONE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Venom are the kings of redoing their music. I love em but I don't need anymore re=recordings of Welcome To Hell.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:28 pm

I want to hear this before I judge it as well.

As for Venom, there are a lot of rerecorded songs by Venom on the 2nd disk of the Cast In Stone album.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:03 pm

I have definitely lost interest in Exodus.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:25 pm

I've never checked out Exodus with Dukes yet. I need to do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:39 pm

might as well give it a shot
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 pm

blech angry
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
I like some of these re-recording. The recent Molly Hatchet recordings were awesome! I dig the Anthrax re-recordings with John Bush. Some people hated the Testament re-recordings, but I enjoyed them. I suppose this could be cool too. I'm not a big fan of Dukes vocal style, I much prefer Baloff or Souza, but who knows? Gotta hear it first.

See I didn't mind the Anthrax and Testament re-do's, but I think Dukes vocals are gonna keep me away from this.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:45 am

detuned wrote:
A complete waste of time. Almost as bad as those horrible Megadeth reissues from 2004....

those megadeth re issues wer ok i thought. too many remixes though

i wont be buying this probably
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:19 pm

lame

I hate when bands feel they need to re-record songs, let alone whole albums. There's no point.

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"   Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus re-records "Bonded By Blood"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next