Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth Youthanasia

Go down 
+11
MetalH
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
Velvet Creation
DeathCult
Invader
XYZ
mc666
Smindas
Addy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Megadeth Youthanasia Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:04 am

Ult had recommended this album to me over 2 years ago and I gotta say it was a good recommendation cuz it remains one of my favorite Megadeth albums....

Anybody else dig this album?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:34 am

Youthanasia is probably a joint Megadeth favourite with Rust In Peace for me. I think the album has some stellar song writing. Sure, most of it's a lot slower than what was expected of Megadeth, but it was still heavy and fantastically melodic. Plus Dave's vocals were probably at their peak there. Great album.

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:43 am

Not my fave 'deth album but It Is good either.... "A Tout Le Monde", "Addicted To Chaos", and "Train Of Consequences" are pretty good songs....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:38 am

the only thing i like about it, is that it made me appreciate Rust In Peace all the more.

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:00 pm

I like it more now then when it first came out as I can appreciate the changes in styles they made.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:32 pm

I like it, but it's not one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:52 pm

In my opinion it's a good album, but it's far away from their best albums.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:04 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I like it more now then when it first came out as I can appreciate the changes in styles they made.

I'm in the same boat as you.

Love Megadeth, but it took me a few years to truly appreciate thos album.

Train Of Consequences is pretty bad ass though, I remember watching them play it on Letterman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:48 pm

I was a bit let down by this album once it came out, but after some time it grew on me and I dare to say that Addicted To Chaos is one of the best songs ever released by Megadeth! *Dodges stones and bricks* affraid
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Countdown started Megadeth for me. I really dislike everything before RIP and consider that average as well. Countdown, Youthanasia, and Cryptic are probably my 3 favorite Megadeth records. The songwriting on those albums was much more melodic and sing along then anything before them. Dave was at his best here imo. When Dave starts being technical and Megadeth start speeding it up and trying to thrash, thats when it all sounds the same to me...
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Rob, I think you should listen to RIP again and pay close attention to the details on that album, it's simply amazing! It's a pissed off album for sure, but with lots of great melodies and hooks. I don't really know how you can say Rust in Piece is average.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Velvet Creation wrote:
Rob, I think you should listen to RIP again and pay close attention to the details on that album, it's simply amazing! It's a pissed off album for sure, but with lots of great melodies and hooks. I don't really know how you can say Rust in Piece is average.
i agree! rob has been spending to much time at Metal Metropolis, me thinks.

DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:05 pm

mc666 wrote:
Velvet Creation wrote:
i agree! rob has been spending to much time at Metal Metropolis, me thinks.

Indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:10 pm

Youthanasia is probably 3rd in line for me, after Countdown and SFSGSW.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Killing Is My Business
Peace Sells
Rust In Piece
So Far, So Good
Countdown
Youthanasia

Is how their albums up to that point rate for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:17 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Killing Is My Business
Peace Sells
Rust In Piece
So Far, So Good
Countdown
Youthanasia

Is how their albums up to that point rate for me.

Countdown
SFSGSW
Youthanasia
Rust in Peace
KIMB
Peace sells

For me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:24 pm

It's an OK record, I liked it a lot when it first came out (of course, remember the time it was released in... let's face it, in 1994 pickin's for metal were kinda slim) but over the years it's settled into the middle of the Megadeth pack for me. Not their worst but far from their best.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Youthanasia is a decent album just not my favorite Deth.My fave would be Rust In Peace with Peace Sells being second.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:19 am

I just like the more melodic side of Megadeth over there technical thrash. Dont get me wrong i like RIP but its not up there with the 3 i named imo..
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:52 am

My ranking goes like this:

Peace Sells
RIP
United
Youth

I really enjoy listening to Youthanasia all the way through. The first four songs are amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:09 pm

Like this one a lot, but not a favorite. Love the originally un-released track "Crown of Worms" from this album. Great tune.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:32 pm

I'm with Rob, except I love RIP. The other early discs lack production. I like Peace Sells and So Far alright, they're just hard to listen to for me.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:45 pm

It's good but not one of my faves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:49 pm

One of my fave Mega albums. I always liked Megadeth but only really got into them after seeing them open for the Crue years ago. Went out and bought all the CDs. For me, this is (so far) the sweet spot for Megadeth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:32 pm

Welcome to the board, splat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth Youthanasia   Megadeth Youthanasia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth Youthanasia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: