Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG

Go down 
+7
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
mc666
fishingd
ghost
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
11 posters
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Empty
PostSubject: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:07 am

THE NEW SONG (rob uses the wrong bass so it takes a couple of minutes to get started)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwsbUUEOT9g
THE OTHER NEW SONG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snPAOzp2YOA

what do people think? personally i am disappointed. the new song sounds like one of those 7 minute st anger songs and the other new song just sounds like a misfits type punk song Sad i'm not expecting much, even with rick rubin producing. it looks another point to mustaine
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:25 am

The first one isn't bad. The vocals may make a big difference. Since James is just scattin' it's hard to tell what the final song will be like. Also, who knows what will happen to the song once a producer gets involved. That can make or break the song as well.

I had to do that a few times with Once Dead. No lyrics to a new song we played live in front of an audience. It's not really as hard as you might think though.

ult
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:41 am

For me it sounds like the stuff on St. Anger. But to be honest I didn’t expect something else. They will never do again a Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets…

Let’s wait and see how the album will be when it’s finished.
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
The first one isn't bad.

ult

I argee 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:13 pm

heard these elsewhere. i'll wait until the album comes out before i start cheering it or pissing on it.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Both songs aren't horrible, but I'm not getting too excited over them, which is disappointing. Remember when there was a time when a new song by Metallica was nothing less than "freakin' awesome!!!"?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Too early for me to make a call on these songs. Who knows if they'll even be on the final product?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:41 pm

Assuming this is about Metallica, I just have zer0 interest in whatever they are doing.

ack
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 2:48 pm

Put it this way, it sounds better than any of the shite from St Anger
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 3:07 pm

Putting it that way means nothing. To me, Metallica has sucked since Cliff died (with the exception of the 5.98 EP).

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 4:15 pm

INVADERS wrote:
Put it this way, it sounds better than any of the shite from St Anger

I agree. Let's hope Metallica goes out with a bang, assuming this will probably their last album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Quote :
Let's hope Metallica goes out with a bang, assuming this will probably their last album.

Why makes you say that? Do you know something we don't:scratch:
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 8:33 pm

Yes I'm in a wait and see mode. They don't sound too bad though
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 8:49 pm

I no longer care about Metallica or what they do. the 80's metallica is maybe my favorite brand of metal of all time but that was eons ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG   THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE NEW SONG AND THE OTHER NEW SONG
Page 1 of 1