Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know this song?

Go down 
+11
James B.
Gorgon
Fat Freddy
7thSaviour
nevermore
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
TheGame2k2
Metallic Blaze
Addy
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Anyone know this song? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:35 pm

"There's something out there waiting in the dark
something I'm too blind to see......

I'm gonna take you on a journey, she says, I know you're out there somewhere

Chorus:
A fear I've never known, [...] I'm living out some twisted dream, like a cyclone, [...] I know you're out there somewhere"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:38 pm

not personally no

cant even google it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Doesn't sound at all familiar.
Back to top Go down
TheGame2k2
Metal novice
Metal novice
TheGame2k2

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Geez, i've looked everywhere on the internet trying to find a song with those lyrics and i just can't find it.
Back to top Go down
http://TheGame2k2.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Sounds familiar - I can;t place it though
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:03 am

I couldn't place it either. Someone emailed me and asked. Thought maybe it would trigger someone's memory here.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:30 am

Are you certain of every lyric mentioned/have them in the right order? I obsessed 15 minutes over this yesterday... Anyone know this song? Lol I usually find the song within 5...even obscure ones..
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:12 pm

It doesn't ring a bell.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 am

Can't place it, either.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Are you certain of every lyric mentioned/have them in the right order? I obsessed 15 minutes over this yesterday... Anyone know this song? Lol I usually find the song within 5...even obscure ones..

No idea. It's just an email I received.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 am

Where's SYRUS when you need him?? Anyone know this song? Icon_biggrin

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:16 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Sounds familiar - I can;t place it though

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Hi, I'm the one who asked ultmetal about this song. I just registered to the forums so that I can post here and answer directly any questions you may have regarding my predicament.

Regarding the lyrics: they are not complete, they are just a fragment of the total song. Some of it may even be incorrect, like some parts of the chorus. But I'm totally certain about the following parts:

"There's something out there
waiting in the dark
something I'm too blind to see......"

This is the "pre-chorus". I'm certain about it's correctness.

The following is the parts of the chorus itself that I know are right:

"......I'm leaving out [on?] some twisted dream(s)......
...... I know you're out there somewhere"

And then I remember there is a part of the main text of the lyrics which goes something like ".....I open the window(s)......"

These are the parts I'm sure about the song. I know I'm not alucinating because I found a guy on the net searching for the same song. The lyrics he posted are a bit more complete (it's the ones I sent ultmetal) but I'm not sure if they are right because I don't remember them. This is what he originaly posted and that I modified a bit before sending them to ultmetal:

"There's something out there waiting in the dark
something I'm too blind to see......

I'm gonna take you on a journey, she says,I know you're out there somewhere

Chorus:
A fear I've never known,i'm leaving out some twisted dreams, like a cyclone, i know you're out there somewhere"

Here is the link to the guy's post: http://80s.tuneforums.com/thread_view.php?threadID=11762

For me it was a surprise because I've been searching for this song for years and years and I could not find anything at all on the Internet. It was by chance that a few days ago I was putting the lyrics yet again on Google and I stumbled upon this guy's post from 2009 (guess it was a looooonnnngggg time ago since I tried to search the last time). So, yeah, I'm not crazy and this song exists! Wink

Some other bits of info that may help you: the song is relatively slow, not fast. I can't really identify a style (power, speed, trash, whatever) from this song except that it's metal alright (I heard it on a radio metal program around 1990 maybe). The voice is clean, not agressive, and the sound of the guitars is very clean too even when using distortion. The melody is beautiful, even at the start of the song, and much of that melody (and even a big part of the "solo") is using two guitars playing at the same time. The guitars also have a bit of an exquisit sound to them, very melodious, but powerful.

I don't think this is an very well known band, but I doubt they are obscure.

Well, that's it for now, if there's any questions I'll be extremely happy to answer them. Anything that can help me track down this band/song is very welcome.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 am

what key is it in ? Anyone know this song? 201269

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 am

You know what, send this info the Denis at Sentinel Steel. I was once looking for a certain band for years. I remembered an advertisement for the band in a bunch of old mags like Rip and Metal Edge. I remembered drawing the image, which was some sort of cyborg holding a baby in one hand and a flame in the other. Couldn't remember the band, though.

I asked everywhere online, for years, and no one had a clue. Then I asked Denis, and he answered in about two seconds.

Anyone know this song? Desolation_angels

That's not the exact image I remember, but it's the same cyborg thing. The ad had it all done up in color and stuff. It was cool.

So ask Denis. Dude knows his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:40 am

James B. wrote:
what key is it in ? Anyone know this song? 201269

Dm, the saddest key of all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You know what, send this info the Denis at Sentinel Steel. I was once looking for a certain band for years. I remembered an advertisement for the band in a bunch of old mags like Rip and Metal Edge. I remembered drawing the image, which was some sort of cyborg holding a baby in one hand and a flame in the other. Couldn't remember the band, though.

I asked everywhere online, for years, and no one had a clue. Then I asked Denis, and he answered in about two seconds.

That's not the exact image I remember, but it's the same cyborg thing. The ad had it all done up in color and stuff. It was cool.

You've posted this exact post before somewhere else. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You've posted this exact post before somewhere else. Smile
I thought I had. It all sounded so familiar. Haha. That's why that image is in my Photobucket account, I assume.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:

OK, I just asked "Denis" (whoever he is) Wink I'll wait to see if he can identify this song/band. By the looks of it it would take a damn miracle for someone to identify it.

Thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 am

OK, Denis replyed to me yesterday. He doesn't know what song it is from the scant information I provided him Sad

He said he's going to keep the info in mind and tell me something if he comes across something in the future.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:44 am

Quote :
I am not getting when people say here "what key is it in ?"

Its cuz its a good stab of humor
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Gorgon
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Denis can't find the song Sad but he says he'll keep an eye open if he comes upon something.

Thank you all for your help and please post here if you find anything (yeah, right).

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:35 pm

I have no idea either, and I'm not a lyrics kind of guy. But is it possible the song is Fear of the Dark. Iron Maiden?
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Nope, no chance at all. But thank you for your suggestion. Smile
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Like I said, I am not a lyrics person. I just enjoy the music. Anyone know this song? 11840
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:31 pm

it's definitely 'Fear of the Dark', I remember the cyclone line being originally a part of the original lyrical treatment to the song, it dealt with chasing tornadoes as a storm chaser. Most people don't know it's actually 80's pop idol Tiffany on the female vocals, who the song was originally written for in hopes of a commercial comeback. Harris decided he liked her tracks, and Bruce liked her tracks of land.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this song?   Anyone know this song? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know this song?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next