Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Stender
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
mc666
XYZ
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:53 pm

This is just my view:

Getting involved in politics with all this Liberals vs Conservatives crap is just pointless. One side isn't going to bend to the other, so why the hell do humans need another reason to divide themselves from one another? I have issues that I am semi-passionate about, however, me arguing with Jimmy Joe down the street about my personal beliefs isn't going to change anything.

Quote :
I might just say to heck with most of it and let God take care of the rest (in other words, whatever will be will be).

Hallelujah, brother.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Didnt you spell Halleluyah wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Stender wrote:
Didnt you spell Halleluyah wrong?

No, I don't speak Hebrew.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hallelujah
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:12 pm

how nice are her legs man
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:42 pm

A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon A restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal. Feeling
Somewhat hungry, he sat down and looked over the menu ...

+ Tourist: $5
+ Broiled Missionary: $10.00
+ Fried Explorer: $15.00
+ Baked Democrat or Grilled Republican: $100.00

The cannibal called the waiter over and asked, 'Why such a
Price difference for the Politician?'

The cook replied, 'Have you ever tried to clean one? They're so full of smurf poo, it takes all morning.'
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:18 pm

I have no idea at this point. I'm fairly conservative but I just don't know. I know it WON'T be Obama.

Quote :
I don't like Obama at all. I can't back someone that is half-white but says he's black.

I've chatted with my wife about this (concerning our kids). I believe, especially for bi-racial people of old(er) generations that it comes down to not fighting the status quo. For centuries there's been a "One drop is all it takes" mentality and people with Black/African ancestry just didn't fight it. IF society said you were Black, despite having an obvious White ancestor, you might as well get used to it because no matter how much you might jump up and yell "But I just have one Black grandparent!!" society still labeled you as Black (colored and negro as we go further back in time......also Mullato, quatroon, octoroon....absurdities to depict levels but never-the-less....BLACK) Very Happy

My advice to my wife (who is not from the US and is still learning about our race relations) is that we should raise our girls to know, accept and CLAIM all of their blood but to be prepared to be considered Black as far as society is concerned. In 2008 that's still the way of things. It is what it is. It is getting better as more and more people are ready, willing and able to recognize multiple ancestry and be sensitive to it. Even in the 9 years we've been married and 11 years we've been together my wife and I have noticed a subtle change in perception BUT we also still notice that EVEN in 2008 we are often the source of great interest when in public.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Your girls actually look like they could be from both black parents, Scott. I don't think anyone would know but them.

Actually, they should consider themselves lucky they got mom's looks! SLAM!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:22 pm

No arguments from me!! It's good they take after their Mom!! lol!

If you compare them to their Mom....it's clear they have a White or at least very fair-skinned Dad but stand-alone? Yeah, you might not know the ethnicity of their parents. Both parents could be fair(er) skinned Black folks or one Black one Hispanic or anything, really. We have couple friends (both Black) whose children will all be of some slightly different complexion of brown. IF there's some other (usually White) ancestry it can show up at any given time in the strangest of ways. In Barbados I saw a young girl as dark as my wife with the bluest of eyes. Striking, really. She probably had White ancestry way back and it showed up in her not in complexion but in blue eyes.

Heck, Karen has Irish blood in her veins! I'm a Douglas and she has Douglas blood some generations back! For all we know we're lucky we didn't have mutant kids! fainting

It also depends on how Karen does their hair. Cornrows? Black all the way! Smile Pulled back into a pony tail? They could be any moderately dark-skinned ethnicity for all anyone knows. When they were babies it depended on the humidity!!! High humidity and they "looked" Black (their hair would curl up into tight curls)....low humidity and they could pass for Hispanic or even at times Malaysian or some other Asian ethnicity. It was fascinating watching them grow up.

But yes, as they grow up they are taking after their Mom in many ways. It's not a bad thing! Very Happy The boys will be sniffing around far too soon though, I'm afraid. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?   Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who the hell you voting for in the Presidenial election?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2