Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classical Music

Go down 
+15
Lari
corplhicks
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
White_Mage
QuothTheRaven
EvyMetal
Neuropete
Martin
tohostudios
Mortuary
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Classical Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Toho, funny but true. Looney Tunes inspired me to listen to Wagner.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Toho, funny but true. Looney Tunes inspired me to listen to Wagner.

Bugs Bunny is also the reason I know the music from Barber of Seville, although I've never actually heard the "real" version.

Just goes to show the GENIUS of those cartoons; as the saying goes, they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 9:55 pm

They don't. There was real intelligence in those cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 4:54 am

Here's one speaking Looney tunes and television shows. I used to blast this song in my truck right at about the 8:45 Mark. Loved the looks I got when I had it blaring in my truck with my thousand watt stereo system I used to have lol
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 5:13 am

Okay, I've always liked this song, but must admit I on my clicked on the link because the thumbnail picture looked like she was pretty hot. Vavavavoom! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
They don't. There was real intelligence in those cartoons.

That's because they were produced for adults. Those Looney Tunes shorts were all geared towards adult audiences to show either before or during intermissions of movies. There was no concern to dumb them down for kids.

If I recall, I read that Warner Brothers owned the rights to most of that classical music, so they could use it for whatever they wanted, including cartoons. Since the animation process took so much time and money to produce, it was cheaper to use music they already owned instead of composing new stuff.

I'm also of the generation that owes all my knowledge of classical music to Bugs and Daffy. Thanks guys!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 2:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Bugs Bunny is also the reason I know the music from Barber of Seville, although I've never actually heard the "real" version.  

"HOW DOOOOO?
Welcome to my shop! Let me cut yer mop! Let me shave yer crop!
Daaaaaiiin-tily! Daaaaaaaaiiin-tilly!
HEY YOUUUUU!
Don't look so perplexed! Why must you be vexed? Can't you see you're NEXT?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Laughing very hard \'arry \'eadbanger

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 7:10 pm

I would SO go to something like this!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 9:02 pm

I knew my love of classical music came from heavy metal ( the shred era got me listening to classical music), my mother but I never considered Looney Tunes til I read this thread. But I do remember those episodes very well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Apparently we have a lot of company if they hold events like that at the Hollywood Bowl. Man I wish they'd do something like that here with the St Louis Symphony. I know they've done similar concerts with Mary Poppins and stuff here. I'd love to see the symphony play live while the multiple Looney Tunes played on a big screen behind them. That would be a blast.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 pm

Man, I'd be down for something like that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 11:57 am

They've done these types of shows in my town with the Philly Pop Orchestra. I believe a former co-worker went to one last year. Cartoons are shown on a big screen while the live orchestra plays. They'll do movies too (ie Star Wars)

PostSubject: Re: Classical Music   Classical Music - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classical Music
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2